2009 GMC Yukon Hybrid

More products from GMC >>
Yukon Hybrid MSRP: $ 50920.00

The Yukon Hybrid is the hybrid version of GMC’s full-size SUV that joined the lineup for 2008. The Yukon Hybrid uses a two-mode hybrid system to improve gas mileage up to 50 percent in the city over the non-hybrid version.

The Yukon Hybrid is equipped with a standard 6.0-liter, V8, 332-horsepower, hybrid engine that achieves 21-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway. A 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.
Expert review of the GMC Yukon Hybrid by CarREVIEW.com HERE

Photos of the 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid posted in the photo gallery.

Mike

April 20, 2008

2008 Yukon Hybrid

Strengths:
Great looking, very comfortable, fuel efficiency, loaded with options, tax benefits

Weaknesses:
Uncomfortable 3rd seat, expensive (Almost $58K after taxes and fees), no factory installed bluetooth capability

Summary:
After 4 months of waiting my Yukon Hybrid finally arrived. I have been driving it for a few days now and I have to say it is really an amazing piece of modern engineering. Obviously, I haven't had it long enough to have much negative to say, but at the moment I am extremely pleased. It was the only vehicle that met size requirements for my family and business while still offering relative efficiency. The Mercedes GL320CDI was a consideration, but was far more money than I wanted to spend once I put on some of the options I wanted. The Yukon Hybrid is extremely smooth and seamless in its operation. The interior is very comfortable and attractive. The exterior has very clean lines and looks intimidating. I have read a lot of negative press about the car on the internet from a lot of people who don't even own one. I have to laugh about how emotional people can get about a car. All I can say is I love the $2,200 tax credit and the fact that it qualifies for the section 179 deduction for my business. The car is expensive, but I was willing to pay more to save fuel and at the same time believe that the car will have a better residual value than a gas only version as fuel prices continue to climb. The car is extremely quiet and as far as I am concerned difficult to discern any differences between the gas only and hybrid versions for uneducated. Some have said that the electric whine of the battery is annoying. I actually sounds really cool. The car sounds like a spaceship when it starts and when you accelerate or decelerate. The seats are comfortable, but I do agree with those who say the third row seats are not for adults. Obviously, this car is not for everyone, but if your lifestyle demands the size and towing capability and you have the means I would strongly recommend the Yukon or Tahoe Hybrid.