2011 BMW 7-Series

More products from BMW >>
7-Series MSRP: $ 115000.00 - $ 78900.00

The BMW 7 Series is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury sedan, available in 5 trims, ranging from the 750i Sedan to the 760Li Sedan.

The 750i Sedan is equipped with a standard 4.4-liter, V8, 400-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway. The 760Li Sedan is equipped with a standard 6.0-liter, V12, 535-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 13-mpg in the city and 19-mpg on the highway.

Expert Reviews: 2011 BMW Alpina B7 | 2009 BMW 750Li
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars

"The B7 is very much a velvet hammer, thanks to the extravagant detailing and comfort level of the cabin. Little Alpina niceties abound."

Younis al khouri

August 12, 2011

Price Paid:  $120000.00

2011 750li individual

Strengths:
Power, quality built
Braking and ride

Weaknesses:
Lacks LED lights
Excessive wind noise at high speed for the car at this price

Summary:
Amazing handling and engine power
Gorgeous interior design, good leather quality with individual option

aazapf

December 14, 2009

Price Paid:  $25000.00 from London- Indpendent D

2007 BMW 750Li

Strengths:
Engine, comfort seats, stereo, legroom

Weaknesses:
a little more wind noise that I would have hoped for. Still under new car warranty but will be expensive when this runs out.

Summary:
A great car and worth buying second hand. I'm now driving a car that cost 80kGBP 2.5yrs ago and I paid only 25k GBP. The engine is incredible. Gear changes unnoticable. Comfort seats are fantastic. I have a young family so the the safety reputation of the vehicle was a selling point. Car is designed to cruise on the autobahns at 200kph (120mph) and it does. wind noise from the sun roof is a little loud for a car of this status but it's liveable. Previous car was a 2002 Mercedes S500. This is much better. idrive is only complicated for stupid people. The system is intuitive and works well.

2002 Mercedes S500. 1998 BMW 740.

Steve

June 25, 2007

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Advantage BMW Housto

2006 BMW 750i

Strengths:
ride when the car starts

Weaknesses:
Electronic, Lights, BMW ability to fix problems, Advantage Midtown in Houston has terrible customer service!!!

Summary:
This is the worst car I have ever owned! I would never in my life buy another BMW. The car spent 1 month out of the first three in the shop and still doesnt work. BMW assist has never worked. 2 weeks into owning the car I went outside to start it and nothing. had to be towed. they still cant tell me what happened or why. they said the car wouldnt work because of the tint on the back window. they stripped the tint and left glue on the window and the car still never worked. Terrible CAR!!!!

More than Satisfied

January 6, 2011

Price Paid:  $30000.00 from EcarOne

2004 BMW 745i

Strengths:
Comfortable, smooth ride, i-drive ease, computer monitoring, exterior look, solid build

Weaknesses:
Windnoise through sunroof is louder than it should be for a car of this class, sideview mirrors should be larger for a car this size, maintenance after 100k miles can be expensive if you don't know much about cars, and this car should have a voltmeter on the dash.

Summary:
Overall, this is the best car I've ever experienced for many reasons. The car is large enough to ride 5 adults, yet it can perform much like a sports car when you push it. The car is very well balanced. I've had this car for almost 3 years and I can honestly say that I plan to stick with BMWs in the future. When everything is working, it is simply phenominal. However, when things start going wrong things can get expensive if you aren't careful. Lucky for me, I'm somewhat savvy when it comes to car repairs so I've performed quite a few normal repairs (oil changes, brake pads and rotors, belt replacement, alternators, batteries) that the dealership might tell you are too difficult for the average Joe to perform. This is false. The car is not any more complicated that American or Jap vehicles. There are more sensors and aesthetic covers under the hood, but when you get past the eye-candy the engine looks like many others. I'll stick with BMWs in the future. If you are indifferent about getting from A to B then this isn't the car for you. However, if you want a car that can deliver luxury comfort and also deliver a hint of sporty performance, this car deserves a look.

BMW 325Ci, Honda SUV, VW Jetta, MB S500, Chevy Truck, Toyota Corolla

Robert Young

October 5, 2002

Review 5 of 69 , from London, Ontario, Canada

Price Paid:  $75000.00 from Kitchener

2002 BMW 745iL

Strengths:
Although it may take a few days, you will grow to love the look of the car. The lines of the long wheel base are fantastic. Performance is what you would expect in a car of this caliber. The size is unlike any other luxury sedan (headroom in particular)and I looked at them all. The i-drive is much easier than I expected.

Weaknesses:
As of yet I have found none. Perhaps only the fact that the snow tires required only seem to exist from one source and they are quite expensive. You must get new rims and tires because snows do not exist for the 19" rims that were on the car when I got it. I guess if you can afford the car you can afford the $ 2600 for the snows.

Summary:
I was looking for a new luxury sedan that would perform well, look good, and most importantly fit my size. I am 6'6" and have a problem fitting comfortably into most cars, the 745iL is perfect. I have loads of head and leg room and can even fit in the back seat behind my preset drivers seat. Size aside, the car performs incredibly in every way. I am no techno-genius and was somewhat concerned I might have problems with the i-drive, it is a piece of cake to operate. The control knob sits perfectly where my hand sits and in a matter of days it is second nature. If you are concerned it may be complicated, dont be. Gas mileage is pretty good, about 29 MPG on the highway and 22 in town. I drive about 600 miles per week and have never been so comfortable, the fan cooled seats have been great during the summer. The car also looks great, I get looks from all over the place, people giving me the thumbs up as I drive by and when its parked there are often people walking around it.

Mercedes S-500 was also a great car but no where near the headroom, at 6'6" my head was rubbing against the roof. Lexus LS 400 was also a great car and headroom was not too bad, however because it is