2010 Cadillac CTS

More products from Cadillac >>
CTS MSRP: $ 32245.00 - $ 34545.00

The CTS is Cadillac’s entry-luxury sport sedan, designed to compete with the best European sport sedans and was redesigned for the first time for the 2008 model year. The second-generation CTS features updates to the interior and exterior with a number of technological features. All-wheel drive is available for the first time and a new 6-speed automatic transmission is added.

Expert Review: 2008 Cadillac CTS | 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars

"I’m far from the typical Cadillac customer...But from the first moment on, the Cadillac CTS surprised me and it continued to do so after a week of driving it."

CTS4lps

January 29, 2011

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Holman Cadillac

2011 CTS Sedan

Strengths:
I love my caddy with it's angular lines. Very smooth ride really enjoy the Bose stereo & Sat radio. The multi-spoke rims are outstanding against the Black Raven paint with it's mirror reflection. Handles very well on wet surfaces.

Weaknesses:
In shop twice since date of Lease of 11/2010. Factory defect-rattle from rear of vehicle. Exhaust vibrates and hums when backing up. Exhaust had to removed and repositioned. Quiter now but not perfect. Evaporative canister stud loose. GM aware and supposedly coming up with solution. Other car same model-same problem. Now twice I've noticed wet spot from tailpipe.

Summary:
Luv car but disappoited & expected more from Cadillac. Happy I decided to Lease the Base model & I do not put a lot of miles on a car. Decided to buy the trim with only the options I will use. Saved a lot of money. With a new car I anticipated only general maintenance.

Traded in a 2005 CTS Luxury trim with 46K miles. Car never gave me a moment of trouble. Purchased this car as a certified pre-owned. Had loads of options with many I never used.

Bill

September 21, 2010

Price Paid:  $46000.00 from Vic Alfonso Cadillac

2009 Cadillac/CTS

Strengths:
Beautiful car, nice options

Weaknesses:
Car has been in the shop at least 20 times in less than 2 years. Brake problems,sqeeks,rattles, radio problems. And now the car dies all of the time without warning.

Summary:
Do not buy a CTS. Worst car ownership experience of my life. Dealership cannot solve the engine dieing issue and I will probably be stuck with a car that I'm afraid to let my family ride in. This is a major safety issue and GM should just buy the car back. For a $50,000 vehicle it is a complete disaster.

Mercedes,BMW Other Cadillacs

Deb

May 1, 2010

Price Paid:  $42000.00 from quantrell

2009 cts

Strengths:
looks great

Weaknesses:
performance

Summary:
I have been very disappointed in my CTS. I have had it in the shop for a variety of problems 8 times since September 2009 (purchase date) and it needs to go back now. THe problems have been difficulty with acceleration, rattles in the dash, and now the front end has a issue that sounds like a shock and I have only 8000 miles on the vehicle. Do not purchase this car if you have a low tolerance for poor quality. The guys in the service department have been great.

Volvo

Rhonda Thompson

April 2, 2010

Price Paid:  $42000.00 from Lindsay Cadillac

2009 Cadillac CTS

Strengths:
Beautiful style, Quick acceleration, elegant interior, QUIET

Weaknesses:
Little interior storage

Summary:
I bought my CTS May 2009 and it has been perfect. No problems at all, I smile every time I drive it. I would definitely buy it again. I would recommend it to everyone.

Mark Nabster

March 2, 2009

Price Paid:  $42000.00 from Watseka Cadillac

2008 2009 CTS

Strengths:
Looks great

Weaknesses:
Cadillac will not stand behind their product. Defective brakes, transmission, electronics, window seals, radio changes stations on it's own, headlights fog up, inside of windows frost over, battery "slushes" over causing electrical failure, OnStar service discontinued becuase of vehicle failure making it necesssry to restart service.

Summary:
We ordered an "09 CTS with hopes it would be up to the Cadillac reputation, however we have had problems from day 1, perhaps an updated reputation is needed. It is going back in the shop for the 9th time in 8 months. Cadillac does not stand behind their product. Customer Care has proven to be simply a place to express your concerns, they will call the service department: however will not provide any other relief. Defective brakes, transmission, radio, electronic controls, very distracting wind noise in cabin, windows frost up in the inside, both headlights fog up inside the lens are just a few of the problems we have encountered, all within the first 8 months of ownership. We DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASE of this vehicle. If the vehicle you purchase has issues you will be on your own. The red carpet rolled out relating to the service was found to be another GM ploy. We had our sights set on a DTS for this years purchase, however we only need to get hit by a Mack truck once for us to figure out it hurts. We have made a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office against the company and the dealership has come to the point where they do not want the vehicle in their shop anymore because they can not figure out the problems. Cadillac techs do not return their inquiry calls. Please be aware of this in your considerations in manufactures to deal with when buying a new vehicle. Cadillac has lost a long time family customer and several others who have inquired on our satisfaction with our vehicle. It looks beautiful when it is not on the rack, which is not very often. It has been 8 months of total frustration, spending over $40,000 on a vehicle one should reasonably expect the manufacturer to stand behind it. This is not the case with General Motors.