2007 Jaguar X-Type

More products from Jaguar >>
X-Type MSRP: $ 34330.00 - $ 39330.00

The Jaguar X-Type is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury sedan, or luxury wagon.

Both trims are equipped with a standard 3.0-liter, V6, 227-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 24-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.

nikaux

October 4, 2006

Price Paid:  $32000.00 from Cyprus

2006 Jaguar X-type 2.1 V6 Executive

Strengths:
Impresive,good grip,good value,luxiary

Weaknesses:
Suspension problems
Keys problems

Summary:
Lot's of problems. Keys stopped functioning so i changed them 3 times in 1.5 years. Suspension problems also appeared in the first 6 months of use and only in 3000 km. Note that i was very careful with the car. It had never gone over a bump and I had never run on a bad road. Also when i accelerate i lose instantly control because the car goes left or right without turning the wheel. If the car is on freeway and finds a road hump it feels like you are in a boat. I bought a new car that from the first months I am fixing it. It may be free because it’s under warranty but if I wanted a fixed car I was going to buy a used one a lot cheaper and not a new one at that high price. The reseller is refusing to give me a new one. If i had bought a Japanese car probably I‘d never had so many problems.

borichar

July 31, 2006

Price Paid:  $25000.00 from Stratstone Derby UK

2006 Jaguar X Type 2.2D SE Saloon

Strengths:
Looks, comfort and sher drivability.

Weaknesses:
None yet

Summary:
First of all the 25,000 price refers to Bitish Pounds Sterling.
I've had the car from brand new for just over a week and I'm delighted. I've reached that stage in my life when I wanted something really speial....and I hope this is it! We keep our cars a long time here in the UK and I'm expecting this car to last me at least 10years which shouldn't be too much to expect - so I'm expecting reliability please, Mr Jaguar.
We pay a fortune for our car fuel in the UK so miles per gallon is important. Hence going for the turbo-charged 2.2 litre diesel with manual transmission and 6-speed gearbox. The manufacturer's claims are up tp 60mpg on extended urban cycle......hmmmmm.....we'll see about that because that seems toogood to be true. Anyway, seven days and just over 200 miles under my belt the fuel guage has hardly moved, might have to tap it to se if it's stuck. Maybe the claims of 600 miles on a full tank are right after all!
A diesel car? All my friends tried to talk me out of it. "They are more expensive that the petrol equivalent." Wrong. This one was 1,000 pounds cheaper. "They are noisy and smelly." Wrong. OK, after cold start the engine sounds a little agricultural but after 30 seconds or so it's as quiet as any petrol equivalent. And it don't smell - except for that delicious new leather smell that comes with a new car and hopefully will never fail.
On the road it flies. After picking the car up from new I had it up to 70mph on the M1 motorway between Derby and Nottingham. In 6th gear the engine was just ticking over at 2,000 revs and so quiet. At this point I wondered what would happen if I put my foot right down on the gas from 2000rpm in top gear. Yes, it accelerated alright. Amazing how flexible that engine has been at all speeds in all gears and seems to be very forgiving if you don't have the most appropriate of the six gears selected. Another diesel engine myth exploded.
The chassis and diesel engine is straight off a Ford Mondeo which has had the hardened Jaguar enthusiasts crying in their gin and tonics over the years. Well, is that a bad thing? Us humans share 97 percent of our DNA with chimpanzees, but we aint chimpanzees! And this car aint a Mondeo either. Ok, some of the switchgear seems to have come out of a Ford parts bin at the factory, which is a shame, but the car is a Jag. It looks and feels the part and people look at Jag drivers differently than they would at Mondeo drivers.
I love the looks- - the rear view is probably more stylish than the front, which is a bit like a scaled down XK. Some say that the car is trying to look like something that it really isn't.
The touch screen is superb, if a little tricky to master.
The sat-nav is OK as built-in units go. Storing locations is all back to front as you have to select "add to store" before you find th location instead of the more logical process of first finding the destination and storing it. It has also come up with some rather strange routes, seemingly ignoring the more logical way from A to B.
I chose the standard Alpine audio system over the premier upgrade. Still, it sounds pretty good.
The great British summer is with us so the automatic windscreen wipers and auto headlamps work fine. Can't wait to get it dirty so I can enjoy seeing all my neighbours down the road watching me washing it at the weekend.

Cyril Worgan

December 28, 2006

Price Paid:  $32000.00 from Budds in Oakville

2005 Jaguar x-type 3.0

Strengths:
Luxury,safety,style,performance,individuality

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
Fell in love with the looks, plus wanted AWD for our winters here in Toronto,Canada. I did not realise how safe they were until I researched it. Relly, really pleased with it, drives nice and feel good in it. I owned a BMW 325i before and that may be a bit of a better driving car but nowhere near as luxurious. I will bee sticking with X-Types as long as Jaguar keep makeing them.

ML320 (nice but an SUV so cannot compare)
BMW 325i nothing wrong with it but not enough luxury or style also too many on the road.

C. Murray

July 1, 2005

Price Paid:  $30490.00 from Bobby Rahal, Wexford

2004 Jaguar X Type

Strengths:
AWD, ride and handling, large trunk.

Weaknesses:
Excessive road noise

Summary:
After reading reviews on this Website, I bought a 3.0 liter with automatic transmission. The car has just turned 9,000 miles and I am well satisfied with it. The ride and handling are superb. The engine has adequate power, and I especially like the ease of downshifting using the "J" shifter. This is a very solid car, and the fit and finish are excellent. Mileage on the Interstate exceeds 26 mpg. The trunk is huge for this size car, and can accomodate 4 sets of golf clubs. The fingertip climate control system is easy to operate and very efficient. The stereo system is also very good. The appearance is impressive, and if you want an affordable Jag, this is the car for you. I've had this car back to the Rahal dealership twice for service, and couldn't have been treated better. The only problems I've had are a slight whining noise around 60-70 mph, and also what I thought might have been bearing noise. The dealer installed a liner (noise blanket) somewhere under the car which pretty much took care of the whine. The wheel bearings checked OK, so they did a wheel realignment in an attempt to reduce the noise, but it didn't help much. The road noise, I believe, is excessive. Maybe it's the tires. The other problem was rust below the chrome strip on the trunk. According to the dealer, this strip was installed on the X type cars without a rubber strip between the chrome strip and the trunk, so the chrome digs into the paint on the trunk. If you own an X type, it would be good idea to check this out, and have it corrected, if necessary.

DerekStanford

October 12, 2004

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from Sudburys

2004 Jaguar X Type 2.5 Auto

Strengths:
Looks, preformance and quality

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
This is my 2nd X type, having now upgraded from a manual 2.0 to a 2.5 Auto. Having always had an affinity for the marque the X type has the looks and preformance at an affordable price. The interior and ride quality are all I expected from a jaguar. The build quality and reliability is faultless and I expect to remain an X type driver for many years

None - previously had 4X4s