2011 Mercedes-Benz CL-class

More products from Mercedes-Benz >>
CL-class MSRP: $ 197000.00 - $ 197000.00

The freshened 2011 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class is a 2-door, 4-passenger luxury coupe, or luxury sports car, available in 4 trims, ranging from the CL550 4MATIC Coupe to the CL65 AMG Coupe.

The CL550 4MATIC Coupe is equipped with a standard 4.6-liter, V8, 429-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway.The CL65 AMG Coupe is equipped with a standard 6.0-liter, V12, 621-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 11-mpg in the city and 17-mpg on the highway

Expert Reviews: 2011 Mercedes-Benz CL550 - the epitome of luxury motoring
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars

"Whether driving at slow or high speeds, we loved the silky smooth and linear rush of power, blessing any driver with sub 5-second 0-60 times."

michaelv

April 9, 2008

Price Paid:  $42000.00 from Private

2005 CL500

Strengths:
Smooth ride , great engine , fantastic seats , awesome looks , very quiet , exciting to drive and all the safety features one needs.

Weaknesses:
I couldn`t think of any except maybe that it`s the old body style and if you are not ready to pamper that Baby don`t get a black one.

Summary:
Well , where should I start ? I have been driving several so called high end cars like 7 series BMW`s , Carreras and others. I lived in Germany till 2004 and moved to the US the same year. I was not really sure what to get me and it took me almost 2 years to finally make up my mind. The roads are horrible here in Texas , traffic is overwhelming ( I live in the DFW area ) and speedlimits are ridiculous . I was thinking several options like a 7 series ( I am not really convinced about the design ) , S class ( Propably to young for one ) , XJ Jag ( wayyyyyyy to tight for me , I`m 6,3 ) , Audi A8 ( Great car , great quality , great everything except that back home in Germany they still have to fight the Grandpa-image from 20 years ago and I just can`t get that out of my head ) , a Carrera again ( it would propably break my heart to drive this Baby over those streets) and so I decided to get me a CL. Whenever I bought a car , after 4 weeks I thought i made the wrong decision. Suddenly the other ones looked sooooooo much better than mine. Not this time. My CL is obsidian black which is very hard to keep clean but I wash my Baby at least 2 times a week by hand so it always looks like out of the showroom. And I can`t get enough of it. I think it`s one of the most beautiful cars on the road and since there are not too many of `em around it is an eyecatcher. I was thinking about the CL55 but what for ??? This one`s got enought torgue to get me through traffic fast enough but the ride is the smoothest I ever experienced. Problems? None what so ever! I put a pair of 20`s on 305/40`s on it and they are a bit rough but the look is insane . I was a little concerned first that it could be too much and look like "crack dealer" but it does not. I have older gentlemen asking me on the parking lot where I got this vehicle and I get a lot of compliments from people. This is the first Mercedes I ever drove and I am a fan. It`s a wonderful car inside and out and I enjoy it like I haven`t enjoyed a car in a long time. I will drive it at least another 2 or 3 years and then maybe look for a CLS but that`s mid term planning. For right now I am all excited about this toy and can`t imagine anybody NOT being thrilled to have the same model. PS: I even think it looks better than the new CL but maybe I change my mind down the road once I`m used to the new form.

7 Series , Dad`s S Class ,

Cincy2

March 31, 2004

2004 CL500

Strengths:
Engine and suspension

Weaknesses:
Floor coverings Transmission bugs

Summary:
I've had my CL500 (with Sport package)for five months now. I traded a Lexus LS430. My impressions: Exterior: Great paint, fit and finish. Front profile is odd but it grows on you. Side profile is understated and elegant. Rear profile is very avante garde. Interior: I'm really conflicted here. The leather dash surfaces are luxurious and sporty. The seats comfortable and very supportive. Wood inserts are very stylish and exude quality. Switches and indicators are well placed. The GPS software and display is very inferior to what I had in the Lexus. MB missed here. Where I really get confused is with the headliner and floor coverings. They are cheap fiber board of some type that belongs on a Yugo. I'm disppointed but I'll get over it. Engine and suspension. Beyond belief. Great handling and excellent fun factor even for a big coupe. Transmission: The new seven speed has issues. Occasionally, it exhibits high rpms and no torque like the "clutch" was slipping. Haven't been able to reproduce for the dealer. Not good to buy the first units out of the factory. Overall, I love the car. The trouble with love is have to overlook your object's shortfalls. This is a car like no other on the road. Whatever shortcomings it has are a small price to pay for the many many things Mercedes did right.

Lexus LS430

Al Perales

September 5, 2003

Price Paid:  $129000.00 from Park Place

2004 Mercedes Benz CL 55

Strengths:
A SPARE TIRE!!!

Weaknesses:
Great looks but not as great as the SL55

Summary:
Outstanding Car. The second best car I have ever owned... I say second because I used to own an 2003 SL55 before this one.

Josh K

May 19, 2003

Review 4 of 22 , from Baltimore, Md USA

Price Paid:  $96000.00 from Herb Gordon

2003 / CL500 Mercedes

Strengths:
ABC, ABC, ABC, and so on and so on,,,,incredible system only Benz could come up with a system that really does work. The takeoff is impressive the stereo rocks as good as my Mark Levinson, to many strenghts to list.

Weaknesses:
Price for most people ,but thats what makes it a head turner not a lot of them on the street because of price.

Summary:
This car is SICK! And when I mean Sick I mean SICK, I have owned a S500 sport a lexus LS430, Jaguar XK8 convertible, Lexus GS430 and not one of these cars compares to it.. I have a Obsidian Black(meteal flake with the black paint)it is loaded with the SPORTS pak. a must for anyone who is intrested in this car. There is just so much you get with this car, compliments, head turns, valet parks it up front, excellent service etc...

01' Jag conv XK8 02' Lex LS430 02' Benz S500 sport

Fred Smith

July 29, 2001

Review 5 of 22 , from Jupiter Island, Flordia, USA

Price Paid:  $200000.00

2002 - Tuned CL600

Strengths:
Exterior styling, interior quality and luxury, and technilogical features. Plus the car was tuned to have a 450 horsepower supercharged engine, and a DVD player, better sound system, Playstation Two, etc...

Weaknesses:
Needs a bigger range of enginees, and a even better sound system.(The bose system that comes with the Benz is supreme, but this car deserves a sound system that can compete with Lexus's Mark Levinson systems.

Summary:
When I was shopping around for a luxury crusier, I wanted to buy something with style. So I shopped around and canceled out the Rolls and the Bently, because they are not styled that well, and are terribly overpriced. So I narrowed it down to the Benz and the Jag, and chose then Benz for several reasons. First, Mercedes are always higher quality built cars, and have a higher level of interior luxury. Second there are many Mercedes aftermarket tuners that would be able to custimize the Benz to how I wanted it. Third, this car has more technology than any other car I have ever seen.

Compared to Rolls, Bently, XKR. It is a better car and thats why I bought it.