2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

More products from Mercedes-Benz >>
SLK-Class MSRP: $ 43800.00 - $ 62950.00

The SLK-Class is a 2-door, 2-passenger convertible sports car, available in 3 trims, ranging from the SLK300 Roadster to the SLK55 AMG Roadster.

The SLK300 Roadster is equipped with a standard 3.0-liter, V6, 228-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 26-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 7-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The SLK55 AMG Roadster is equipped with a standard 5.4-liter, V8, 355-horsepower engine that achieves 14-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway.

Dorothy Neal

June 7, 2003

Review 1 of 86 , from California

Price Paid:  $37700.00 from Fletcher-Jones Motor

Strengths:
Gas efficient, quiet, quick and beautiful!

Weaknesses:
NONE

Summary:
I love this car!!! It's fast, gas efficient, quiet, handles like a dream and I simply can't get the smile off my face!I love the Audi TT from the outside; but, after testing both, there was no question! It's SLK all the way!

My last car was a Fiero GT and I loved it and I thought I would miss it. . . I don't!

David Brimhall

March 26, 2003

Review 2 of 86 , from North Ogden, Utah, USA

Price Paid:  $42000.00 from Garff Imports

2003 Mercedes-Benz 230 SLK

Strengths:
The styling is understated yet elegant for what the auto is. The interior is beautiful and roomy. The top is a dream. For those who are contemplating the Z4, just look how dated the Z3 looks now, and in five years people may ask you "what were you thinking?"

Weaknesses:
It is pricy, only the Porsche Boxter is more. Honda S2000 is really a bargain, but too small.

Summary:
I did my research before buying this auto. BMW Z4 (ouch, from the Ugly School Pontiac Aztec Design). Audi TT Roadster, just too, ah, well, wierd. Honda S2000, not made for anyone over 6 feet. The SLK did it for me. Beautiful interior and exterior. Roomy (for a roadster)

Similar Products Tested (ranked) Honda S2000 Audi TT Roadster BMW Z4

jay

May 13, 2003

Price Paid:  $42500.00 from Phillips Auto group

Strengths:
Performance, gas milage, looks, handeling

Weaknesses:
Limited access to trunk with top down

Summary:
This SLK has only been in the shop for reqular maintenance twice in 20K miles. There was a door rattle but the top has been through 288 cycles without a problem. I understand there is a major redesign for 2004. I would purchase another one. The 500 SL has a new feature. The top in the retracted state will pivot up and you can access the bottom of the trunk. Will this be a feature on the SLK?

My girlfriend has a BMW Z4. I think I can beat her in the 1/4 mile. My golf clubs will fit in her trunk with the top down, however I don't like the sound of the doors when they close.

spotteddoe

March 14, 2004

Price Paid:  $44000.00 from MB of Tucson

2002 MB SLK230

Strengths:
Attractive styling. Fun retracting hardtop. Good trunk space with top up.

Weaknesses:
too numerous to list.

Summary:
Hindsight is 20/20...would not buy this car again. Has been in the repair shop 6 times, multiple "electrical" problems (I don't even have 10,000 miles on it yet). Car lacks power and even stalls with acceleration. Unhappy with customer relations. Cheap plastic interior. Am looking to buy a different car. I,ve gotten more reliable driving from the rentals they give me. Unhappy about quality of the work performed by the mechanics/technicians.

my first convertible sports car ( do have a 1968 cutlass supreme auto retracting ragtop...haven't had to repair anything on it!!!

Robert Portney

September 20, 2003

Price Paid:  $305000.00 from Prestige Motorcars o

2002 Mercedes Benz SLK

Strengths:
Good handling, Responsive, Beautiful and Fun and the top is a wonder.

Weaknesses:
I am not sure yet

Summary:
I am very happy with my beautiful MB SLK. I own 6 cars and plan to use this as my primary one. I had a Mazda Miata and was thrilled with it in every way. It was fantastic in snow and that is my biggest fear with the SLK. If the SLK is good in snow, I will be very happy with this fun car. If it is not good in the snow it will be someone elses car and I will buy another Miata.

Mazda Miata I loved it