2011 Saab 9-3

More products from Saab >>
9-3 MSRP: $ 38965.00 - $ 44920.00

The Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury sedan, or luxury sports sedan, available in 4 trims, ranging from the 2.0T FWD to the Aero XWD.

The 2.0T FWD is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 210-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 21-mpg in the city and 31-mpg on the highway. The Aero XWD is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 210-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 27-mpg on the highway.

Explore the new Saab 9-3X

moeman

April 7, 2009

Price Paid:  $27000.00 from SAAb dealer

2008 9-3 Convertible Aero

Strengths:
*power of v6

*handling-rock solid at any speed and road condition

*Very good front seats even for big guys
*safest convertible out there--side air bags and pop up roll bars

Weaknesses:
If you stick your foot in it the gas mileage is not so great on the V6. Then again, it is a heavy car due to high build quality of the chassis and safety features.

Stereo is so-so considering its claim of 300 watts

Summary:
My 3rd SAAB all have served me well...

My first V6 Turbo... For me I think the 2.0 turbo works well so I don't know if I'd spend the $ for the V6 again. Don't get me wrong it is a strong engine.

The convertibles w/ the optional wind screen are quiet and not drafty w/ windows up and top down up to 100mph (as fast I've taken it).

Aero's handling is very stable and secure. Turbo is great in the mountains and high altitude--way better than naturally aspirated engines.

Brakes are awesome.

Seats are very good. climate control excellent and cruise control holds set speed no matter how steep a hill is.

A lot of little things make the car enjoyable. for example, you cant leave a dome light on and run down the battery the computer shuts it down. It even knows if a bulb burns out.

My SAAB dealer in Santa Ana Ca. treats me very good.

I buy low mileage used SAABs and the vaule is awesome.

BTW: Strange first post on this site--person complained about transmission repair cost that is covered under 5yr-100,000 power train warranty. Something fishy.

Khottle

November 14, 2007

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Chermak Saab

2006 9-3 2.0T

Strengths:
Looks, Gas mileage, seats, trunk space, passenger space, AC, quickness between 50-90 mph

Weaknesses:
Somewhat nit picking
-Terrible Stereo!! I had the 7 speaker system and it was brutal. Anyone who really enjoys their music will not like the factory system. I recently replaced the front 6.5's with Alpine comps, added a JLw1 sub and an Alpine amp to power it. The improvement is ten-fold.
-slow off the line
-repairs/maintence(oil changes) are expensive.
-has some rattles....
-...very stiff suspension which could go either way
-Integrated console, there's a million buttons and the layout can be complicated. The use of fiber optics as well as a fully integrated headunit makes for changing it up nearly impossible.

Summary:
Bought my '06 2.0T in May with 20k miles on it. This was my first car i bought so i wanted something nice for my money. When i was looking for a car i wanted something roomy, fun to drive (looks), good on gas and had creature comforts. After doing a lot of research i narrowed my choices to 3. I liked the Accords but with the options i liked it was V6 or bust. The Legacy's were nice but the interior was "ehh" and then i checked out the Saab . My father works for a Swedish comany so i was familiar the cars and the uniqueness. After the test drive i feel in love with it. It was the car that best met my criteria. The was bought from a Saab dealer so i came certified and warranted until 100k or 5/2012. I've always babied my cars since i started driving so the maintence/care for Saab's is somewhat of a welcomed challenge.

2002 Chevy Cavalier car the surived my time in college in North Philly. Car was nothing flashy but ran/looked great.

fffl

August 20, 2007

Price Paid:  $16000.00 from private dealer

2006 SAAB 93

Strengths:
just comfort and look

Weaknesses:
2006 SAAB 93 2.0T - 20000miles.

"Gear box malfunction" message came on. I took the car to the dealer, paid $105 for the diagnostics. They said it just needs software updates. They did that, I took the car from there. Went with it 2 miles, the same message came on. Took the car back to the dealer. Now they say is the transmission and the estimate for replacing it is $ 3300 (even though, when I called the same dealer they told me the transmission is $1565 and labor is $1005)....weirdddd. Ohh...and when I asked the service guy from the dealer how about the warranty on the new transmission, he told me laughing: 12000 miles. at the question: " Does that mean that the new one will break at 13000 miles?", the dealer guy just answered "Maybe".

Anyways, I never thought a transmission can go down at 20000 miles.

One thing is for sure: I'll never buy another saab in my life. Not only the car broke, but both the dealer and the central Saab don't want to talk about the problem (they say they do not know the cause....weird...specially because I paid for a diagnostics)

so, do you still want to buy a saab?

Summary:
unbelievably unreliable car

thought SAABs are good cars but I was really really wrong

acura TL (200000 miles - no major problems)

Boston BS

December 17, 2008

Price Paid:  $17750.00 from Saab of Boston

2005 9-3 2.0t

Strengths:
-Performance, transmission, pick up, endurance, turbo charge, gas mileage (i go about 310 miles before a fill up)

Weaknesses:
-Interior room (back seat in 04-05 model)Stereo system with aux IPOD connector.

Summary:
I bought my Saab 9-3 2.0t 1.5 years used with 31,000 miles on it. I have had this car now for almost three years and I have had no problems at all with the exception of the CEL gas cap issue which was fully covered by Saab. I have put 22,000 miloes on the car and drive in both city and highway, I use the techtronic shift and utilize the full capacity of this car (I esentially beat the crap out the turbo and engine, still not a single problem! The stereo does suck, I have the aux IPOD connector and it works crappy....very tinny sound, the CD player does not paly MP3's that well but regular CD's are fine. The tires/breaking system, transmission, engine, turbo, mechanics, have all functioned well above expectations. I have driven Volvo S-40's, and BMW 325's and the 9-3 is very comprable with 10g's less in cost.

BMW 325, Volvo S-40

EzyGlider

May 14, 2008

Price Paid:  $17599.00 from Carmax

2004 9-3 Aero Coupe

Strengths:
Very strong and rigid chassis, produces a remarkably smooth ride. Smooth as silk at 98 mph. Might be owned by GM, but this car is definitely a european Bahn Burner. Turbo makes it as much fun to drive as an M3, but you still get 30 mpg on the highway! Great seats and steering wheel, nothing like quality hides for an interior.

Weaknesses:
Ever so slight Turbo lag. Although it looks great, the front spoiler on my Aero is only about 3" from the ground. I fear that it is only a matter of time before the worst happens....

Summary:
Don't believe the negative hype. If maintained properly, these are fantastic cars, and will run forever. I am amazed by the stupidity of some of these reviewers. Here's a newsflash, if you buy a 12 year old car with no documented service history chances are great it is not going to perform like a brand new one. One guy on here trashed Saab, and by his own review he kept this "unreliable" car for 7 solid years!

Mercedes CLK 430, BMW 528i