2009 Acura RSX

More products from Acura >>
RSX MSRP: $ 19950.00

Acura's replacement for the Integra. 2.0 liter 4 cylinder iVTEC. Only available in 2 door hatchback.

FREDERIC

October 22, 2007

Price Paid:  $29000.00 from acura granby qc

2006 acura rsx prenium with leather

Strengths:
engine smooth and powerful
sweet interior
great ride

Weaknesses:
the wheels are too tiny!! 16 inch

need to buy new ones

Summary:
i before have an integra 1998 and i love it!
but this rsx is better in every way!
it is like a integra and last generaton of prelude put together! and the agility of an old crx.

1998 ACURA INTEGRA
1991 HONDA PRELUDE
1994 EAGLE TALON TSI AWD
1992 ACURA INTEGRA LS
1992 CIVIC DX
1990 HONDA CRX
1992 CELICA GTS
THE RSX IS BETTER THAN ALL THEM PUT TOGHETER! IWILL HAVE A HARD TIME TO BEAT THIS ONE!

rotgut

July 14, 2006

2006 Type-S

Strengths:
Handles like a dream, tight suspension and decent ride comfort, HP is good, leather-trim seating, awesome white guages that glow red at night. Love that it gives me a feeling of confidence when I drive it.

Weaknesses:
Bose system is somewhat lame... not the pits, but if I were Bose, I wouldn't have been putting my logo on this... could be much better...

Summary:
In all honesty, I have to say that I am completely impressed and more than satisfied with my new Type-S. I've had the car for a little over a month and every day I get in it I am so jazzed to drive it. The stick is extremely smooth (2nd gear sometimes seems to be a little less smooth, a notorious quality) and I seem to be almost bonding with the car as strange as that may sound. It gives me a lot of confidence because it handles so well, and the thing sticks like glue to the road. I would recommend that if you are on the fence between the base model and Type-S and you want to actually get some thrill out of it... go for the Type-S... it is very much worth it, IMO. I did not like the base model when I test drove it and almost did not consider even the Type-S. But then I test drove that one and WOW!! What a difference. I am now back to enjoying my long daily commute!

Test drove RX-8 - awesome but terrible mpg, more $$
Test drove Eclipse GT - nice power, lame looking front end styling, more $$, too bad it's driven by 90% females

tonkovich

August 11, 2005

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Cush Acura

2005 Acura RSX Type-S

Strengths:
Unrivaled transmission, sharp handling, high revving engine, solid build quality, best in class interior

Weaknesses:
Stiff and jerky suspension, poor low end power, average acceleration compared to other sporty cars

Summary:
The RSX Type-S is a fun car to drive that offers exhilarating power when revved hard and outstanding handling. While it does not accelerate as quickly as similarly priced cars like the Chevy Cobalt SS, Dodge Neon SRT-4, and Subaru WRX, it does *FEEL* very fast when revved hard, and the engine is remarkably smooth and refined all the way up to the 8000 RPM redline. The transmission is second to none with a shifter that provides short, buttery smooth throws and a clutch that is effortless to use. Handling is also marvelous as the car feels very controlled and solid during cornering and offers responsive steering. Unfortunately, the ride is stiffer than it should be; every little bump in the road is transmitted into the cabin and larger bumps can be disconcertingly jarring. The noise level is about average for a sporty car while fuel economy is above average (I’ve been managing about 27 miles to the gallon overall). The car's interior is driver oriented and very comfortable. All of the controls are conveniently located and have a solid, well made feel. The leather seats are soft and supportive. Air conditioning is powerful and the climate control system moderates the temperature well. The 7 speaker Bose stereo is only decent sounding and distorts relatively easily at high volumes but does offer a six disc in dash CD player that is easy to operate. The passenger side dash plastic, while functional an aesthetically pleasing, has a hard and somewhat cheap feel. There are only two major problems with the interior: the lack of a center armrest up front and poor headroom in the rear.

Acura Integra GS-R Toyota Corolla

Ripped4rce

November 26, 2004

Price Paid:  $23500.00 from Performance Acura

2005 Acura Rsx TypeS

Strengths:
Performance on a budget. Good acceleration. Excellant ride and handling. Great interior simple and sweet. Lots of fun to drive!

Weaknesses:
I dont think it really has any real weaknesses. Need a bit more torque but not complaining. A little more streamlined in looks. Based on books and history excellant resale and a reliable record

Summary:
What a great experience we had buying our brand new 05 Rsx. White pearl/taupe leather. The new one has really improved over the last years model. The rims look great, the extra 10hp and misc other suspension upgrades are well worth the little price increase. I used internet quoting and I think I got the best deal possible. We have great credit and got an interest rate in the 4% range. The salesman stayed way past his quitting time and the Sales mgt team and finance coordinators were great! Now the car! It was my wife's present. She absolutely loves it. Ill keep posting about its reliability and service experience at Performance Acura. The car shifts flawless and sticks to the road like glue.

99 Mazda Miata Nissan 300ZX/350z Toyota Supra T-Turbo...awesome Toyota Celica

Cynthia Gobbel

February 8, 2007

Price Paid:  $22700.00 from Precision Acura Prin

2005 Acura RSX Type S

Strengths:
Strong engine.
Fun to drive.

Weaknesses:
Flaws in suspension.
Poor quality in almost every way except the engine.
Its light weight makes it difficult to maneuver in rain/snow.

Summary:
I would not buy this car new if I had to do it over again. I bought a new car to avoid the inconvenience of having to have it fixed frequently. However, from day 1, I've had problems with the front suspension. At first, there were loud grinding/crunching noises when turning left, and they made some adjustments, which helped, but there is still quite a bit of noise going over bumps. Apparently, it can't be fixed. Also, from day 1, the windows have been slow to go up or down and during the winter, they would even get stuck in the down position! I had to have both window motors replaced. Also, when it's cold outside, my windshield rattles until it warms up. Also, the paint chips really easily! I'm not sure what happened to Acura quality with my car, but it really only shows in the engine, which I'm very happy with.