2009 Buick Century

More products from Buick >>
Century MSRP: $ 19000.00

The Century comes with a 3.1-liter V-6 with 160 hp and a 4-speed automatic transmission. ABS is standard and it's available in 4 doors only.

jpeffall

June 9, 2006

Price Paid:  $31500.00 from Owings Mills, MD

2006 Buick Lucerne

Strengths:
Excellet design and apperance; quiet, smooth ride; superior seating comfort; excellent guages; regular grade gas

Weaknesses:
Mileage is ok but could be better. Beats my Toyota Highlander which takes premium fuel.

Summary:
This is the most fantastic car I have ever owned exceeding my expectations in all areas: smooth, quiet, ride; excellent power; fantastic stereo; neat features like onstar, dual climate control, etc. etc.

2005 Toyota Highlander

v8man

July 22, 2004

Price Paid:  $10500.00 from Curry Buick (Bloomin

2003 Buick Century

Strengths:
Comfortable ride, affordable, many nice features, attractive exterior.

Weaknesses:
Some cheap interior parts, no backseat pass-thru to trunk.

Summary:
So far, we have been pleased with this car. This is the first GM product that I have owned (purchased for my wife). We bought it for about $10K, which was much cheaper than I thought an almost-new Buick with 25K miles could be had. The car has a very comfortable ride, looks great, and so far has been an excellent value. There are some cheap interior parts, such as the flimsy door panels. We have had to have about all of the electric window mechanism replaced under warranty. However, my wife loves the car. It has a lot of features that you would expect in a much more expensive car. Also, customer service at the dealership has been exemplary. I am still partial to Ford products, but this Buick might change my mind.

My first 4-door sedan.

booie

October 22, 2006

Price Paid:  $12500.00 from bay auto

2003 Buick Centry custom

Strengths:
great mpg for a v6 four door. compfortable, seams to be reliable, good get up.

Weaknesses:
truck is ks gind of hard to get big suit cases in and out because of rear light design. If you have infants its a little hard to get them out of the back seat.

Summary:
very nice car. Bought car with 18,000 miles on it and had not one problem with when we sold it with 68,000 miles. It's very comfortable and rides like Buick. It has plent of get up and go and the 3.0L motors are bullet proof. We got 32mpg on the highway go around 67 miles an hour. Main reason for selling was it's a little hard to get a 20lbs baby out of the center rear seat because of the curved rear door. Other than that I think it's a great car.

95 chevy lumina,

lobo11

October 2, 2003

2003 Buick Century Limited

Strengths:
Roomy with plenty of spunk under the hood. Excellent ride quality, that I think would only be enhanced by some better quality tires. The styling is actually pretty sharp, most of my friends were suprised to find out it was a Century. Pretty good fuel economy, and an overall solid feel around town and on the highway.

Weaknesses:
The dash reflects a lot on the windshield and at first took some getting used to. Now I don't even notice it. Would have liked some different rubber on the road, and I have noticed some less than snug fit with the carpeting.

Summary:
So far my wife and I love this car. We are both in our mid-twenties and were a little concerned about the Grandpa & Grandma image the Century is generally associated with. However we drove other cars in its class and we both though it was an excellent value for the options and quality that it appeared to have. I had a 3.1L in a car in the past and never had many problems even with 200K miles. We seriously looked at the Alero, but I was sceptical about its engine options, and my buddy had a lot of brake problems with his. We have had no problems as yet and have been impressed with the pickup and fuel economy the 3.1 has delivered, as well as its roominess.

Pontiac 6000, Oldsmobile Alero.

transo

July 12, 2003

Review 5 of 80 , from ATL

Price Paid:  $22350.00 from Kelley Buick

2003 Century

Strengths:
Exceptional fuel economy 33MPG highway. I like its ride/drive and looks good. Good acceleration. This by far the best car I have ever purcahsed: just wished I would have gone for the Regal, but wait that would have been an extra $4K.

Weaknesses:
Gray dash reflects light which impairs vision out of the windshield. I put a lot of Amourall on it though. Trunk is so light it does not shut/latch without a strong push. Keyless entry system remote lacks range. The remote pushbuttons must be pressed hard to activate system. In exteme sunlight the dash lights, are hard to read. (i.e. highbeam, turn signal) Radio FM signal strength very poor! Rear window defroster did not power-up under extreme cold conditions. This happened only 1 time. My comments on the radio and remote are NOT nickpicking.

Summary:
I travel for a living and base my vehicle purchases on the rental cars I drive. My previous vehicle was a Nissan Altima. I drove that car for 50K miles-only problem blew out the speakers. The car had a extended warranty--and Nissan took over (8 attempts) 6 months to repair the problem. I was to the point of calling the service manager at Peachtree Nissan everyday. Guess what I did not buy another Nissan. The Altima was a very good car--the radio/speakers are purchased parts (not made by Nissan). The lack of timely service steered me away from them forever. I liked the Century's ride and looks so I purchased one. My negative comments on the Buick are being extemely nickpicking: I can find fault with anything.

1998 Nissan Altima GXE Not really similar but it was the car before this one.