2009 Chevrolet Metro

More products from Chevrolet >>
Metro MSRP: $ 9373.00

The Metro is offered as a two-door coupe and four-door sedan. It comes with 2 engine options; 1.0-liter, 55-hp inline-three(that's right, 3 cylinders!) or upgrade to a 1.3-liter, 79-hp inline-four. Other options include a 3-speed automatic, a 5-speed manual, and optional ABS.

rtostado86

June 26, 2008

Price Paid:  $4995.00 from Dons Auto Center

2001 4 dr Chevy Metro

Strengths:
GAS MILEAGE!!!! gas is 4.59 in Riverside, CA and I am not feeling the pain at all!!! I love my Metro and I hope to have it for a long time!!!

Weaknesses:
The cup holders are small but thats about it!!!!

Summary:
I bought this car as my first car with a 21% interest. Everyone laughed at me since it was so little and my co-workers nick named it the flea. Well all I have to say is the gas mileage is great I am very proud of my chevy and I laugh at everybody now since it only costs less than 30 dollars a week on gas and I travel about 50 miles to and from work!!! Excellent car smooth to drive reliable I have not had any mechanichal problems with it.

Babenan

January 2, 2004

Price Paid:  $8000.00 from Green Chev

2001 Chev Metro

Strengths:
* save gas! (with a couple of tricks I learn how to save gas) * Small and sexy * easy to park the car * nice to use in bad weather in city * can turn front seats back down..great for resting. *can push passenger front seat way down, make alot of room in back for more storage of stuffs for moving, etc * Alot of rooms to store in trunk! * comfortable driving * no power auto lock doors and no auto speed ...but can easily bend over to lock both back doors while you are still inside..thats how small it is :o)

Weaknesses:
*ashtray and drink holder are conflicted..cant use both at same time * dents easily * car sways little bit when drive pass trucks on highways...also during strong winds * Easy to be tempted to speed..lol cuz of the smoothing and relaxing driving-dont relaised that I had gone fast...often had to slow abit ...(no tickets so far lol) *No power steering-hard to turn but I get hang of it and my arms is more stronger :o) lol

Summary:
Ladies-Thought ya might appericate female owner's opinions :o) Well...for you guys..just go ahead and laugh at female thoughts. I luv it, yet there are few disadvanges. Its perfect for small family or married couple. But I have 2 grandsons around 1 half year old. I didnt relaised how much they would grow and require more bigger car seats. My fiance, my 2 daughters and thier sons all cant fit into my car, so my fiance and I wld ride in his truck and my oldest daughter drive with her sister and thier sons. But this car is good for us in many ways such as run errands, drive 4 hours for pick up/drop off my fiance at work, etc. It sure does save gas! About that 4 hours of driving....I put full gas in it-Made 4 trips on that alone til I refill it. That full gas includes trips to college to pick or drop off my oldest grandsons, shoppings, etc. At first I didnt like it but had no choice-I was in hurry and so badly need another car due ot everyone's needs. Now i love it..just wish different ways inside the car :o)

frznlips

June 4, 2003

Review 3 of 102 , from Chicago, IL

Price Paid:  $6800.00 from Ridgeway Chevrolet

2001 4-door Chevy Metro

Strengths:
Great gas mileage. Very reliable. Warms up quickly in the winter. Roomier than you'd think. Blind spots are small. I got into an accident that totalled the car but I walked away - 'nuff said.

Weaknesses:
No power I have tall friends that don't fit in it. Wind is an issue sometimes.

Summary:
I love this car. I bought one 12/01, but it got into an accident - over $7000 worth of damage and all I had was a bit toungue. So I bought another. I figured if they're so safe, why not?

Had a Ford Aspire - but the Metro is better.

James Cupp

November 29, 2002

Review 4 of 102 , from Ewing Va

Price Paid:  $12000.00 from Gambrel's auto sales

Strengths:
good gas milage dependable car cheap parts cheap insurance cheap monthly payments

Weaknesses:
no speed demon does'nt go fast enough on interstates goes great in small snows great for mountain areas

Summary:
This car is a cheap inexpensive nice car. My metro runs good fires on every start if your looking for your teenager a first car this is one to choose. I have had no problems expect the passenger door in the back got stuck and would'nt shot once but expect for that i love my metro

MARTIN WASHINGTON

September 17, 2001

Review 5 of 102 , from COLUMBUS, OH

Price Paid:  $9995.00 from Bobb Cheverolet

2001 /CHEVY METRO LSI SEDAN

Strengths:
Superb gas mileage. Good climate control/audio systems. Daytime running lamps Roomy interior and trunk..

Weaknesses:
Narrow tires. Dark interior intensifies heat buildup. No trunk light.

Summary:
I was pleased with the LSI sedan from the day it was purchased. The trunk and interior room is generous, the rear -folding seats can acommodate a least two adults. The L4/79HP engine is surprisingly fast, with a great passing gear. Controls and the instrument cluster are well-placed for the driver, front seats are quite comfortable. Narrow tires excerbate bad road conditions. Daytime running lamps are really helpful during rain, snow or near dark . Gray interior is a downside during the summer months,creating a heat buildup inside the car. Make certain you have air conditioning.

Dodge Omni Hyundai Accent