Ford Focus (2011 and older)

More products from Ford >>
Focus (2011 and older) MSRP: $ 16640.00

Ford's Focus compact car was restyled in 2008, gaining a new look inside and out. The vehicle is sold either as a sedan or coupe.

The Ford Focus is a 4-door, 5-passenger family sedan, available in 4 trims, ranging from the S to the SEL.

the S is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 140-horsepower engine that achieves 24-mpg in the city and 35-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The SEL is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 140-horsepower engine that achieves 24-mpg in the city and 34-mpg on the highway. A 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.

CarReview's opinion of the: 2010 Ford Focus | 2008 Ford Focus

Pros:
  • Mileage, mileage, mileage!!!!
  • Microsoft SYNC
  • Sirius Satellite Radio
  • Built-in Bluetooth
Cons:
  • The interior is a bit noisy on the freeway (which hampers the SYNC a bit)
  • While still a value car, the interior did feel a "bit" cheap

Ruling: The Ford Focus is a really decent compact car, with a lot of really thoughtful safety, comfort and convenience features. It's got enough room to put friends in, or your bike, your dog, your groceries - enough room to satisfy most people's needs. Add a few sets of skis or snowboards, your friends and the front-wheel drive will get you where you need to be, safely!

relyat08

May 26, 2010

Price Paid:  $14036.00 from Battlefield Ford

2010 Focus SES 4dr

Strengths:
Great interior features, decent exterior looks. gets complimented based on features and looks often.

Weaknesses:
BAD ENGINE! seriously a Ford Lemon, if there ever was one. The acceleration is awful and so is the gas mileage. They claim 28 average MPGs. I have driven conservatively and am getting under 24 MPGs. The 0-60 is a claimed 8.5 seconds. I have achieved at best 14 seconds in mine. There is something wrong with my car after only 2 weeks driving it. I has less than 2800 miles on it also. No excuse for an engine that is so slow that it is dangerous to pull out unless you have a mile of open road. I will not buy another Ford in the near future with the inadequacy of this engine.

Summary:
Don't buy it unless you give it a good test drive and you don't note any sluggish acceleration. I was dumb enough to think it was normal before I bought it. Now that I see my gas tank achieving low 20 MPGs and I struggle to keep up with traffic, I realize that this engine is not just weak, it was not put together properly.

2003 Honda Civic, 2005 Subaru Impreza, 2005 Nissan Altima, 2008 Ford Fusion.
After 130,000 miles the civic expeienced a similar lack of acceleration. Given its mileage they figured that the sparks were old and going bad, or the fuel system was clogged. The only problem with the Altima was a broken Catalytic Converter at 120,000. My Mom's Fusion that I regularly drive takes a lot of gas before it goes anywhere and also has a really poor engine, even in the V6 model that my Mom owns. The Impreza was great. The best car I have owned. No problems other than occasional oil burning.

John Smith

June 24, 2010

Price Paid:  $0.00 from hell

2009 Ugly

Strengths:
The thing were you lock the car and the lighs turn off.

Weaknesses:
EVERY THING ELSE! I hate this car! Ive had It for less then a day, I hate it. It hiduosly ugly inside, and is made out of he cheapest crap availibe. It drive pooorly and half the buttons do not do anything, and its ugly as hell. I hate this car. It is evil. It is a demon car from hell, I can't believe that some one would actually buy this thing. Its horrible. Dont get this car.

Summary:
DO NOT GET THIS CAR!

jeribabe

October 23, 2008

2008 four door

Strengths:
size, gas mileage

Weaknesses:
under powered, no support from ford

Summary:
Well I was very excited to buy this car. I love how it looks. I loved it from the moment I test drove it. Plus the gas mileage is perfect. I was nothing but excited. I have had a few problems though. First the brakes have been squealing, but the dealership said that it is normal. Keep in mind I have only had this car for four and a half months. The battery has died three times since I have had it and we cannot figure out why. Every once in a while there is a spark in the dash when I turn the blinker on and its a little scary. With a baby on the way I dont want to have to worry about the car catching on fire. Lastly the car freaks out on me. For a while it was normal. When you lock or unlock it it would do the normal beeping. After just a month or so it would randomly start beeping like the alarm was going off. Every time I would go to lock or unlock the door it would start the alarm. This will last a few days and then there will be no beeps at all. No sound when I lock or unlock the doors. After a few days or that it will go back to normal. It drives me crazy. The dealership wont do anything about it either.

Kyle

August 1, 2008

Price Paid:  $17500.00 from Local Ford Dealer

2008 SES Coupe

Strengths:
Looks great, SYNC, Sound System

Weaknesses:
Underpowered

Summary:
I got this car about a month ago, and i love it. Its got a lot of room for a coupe, an amazing sound system, and the sync is a nice feature to have. The car itself looks good with the spoiler and the 16 inch alloys. They did a real good job redesigning the Focus. Great car.

Ron Poole

July 7, 2008

Price Paid:  $17200.00 from Local Ford Dealer

2008 Ford Focus SES

Strengths:
Cool looks, fun to drive, good fuel economy, solid quality.

Weaknesses:
A little underpowered.

Summary:
The 2008 Focus SES is a joy to own! I recently purchased the car for commuter use. The two-door coupe is surprisingly roomy and quiet for an economy car. Interior fit and finish are excellent. I'm particularly happy with the height adjustment on the driver's seat -- it gives us shorter drivers a better view of the road.
The Focus is nimble and fun to drive, even with the automatic transmission. It's eager to run, and handles confidently enough to carve up traffic both around town and on the highway. A little more power would be nice, but isn't an absolute necessity for fun.
The Sync system adds to the cool factor, but proves frustrating at times. Let the system learn how you speak before you try to talk to it on the road.