Ford Taurus (2010 and older)

More products from Ford >>
Taurus (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 25170.00

Redesigned for 2010, the Taurus is a 4-door, 5-passenger family sedan, available in 6 trims, ranging from the SE FWD to the SHO AWD.

The SE FWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 263-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 28-mpg on the highway. The SHO AWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 365-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.

Expert Review: 2010 Ford Taurus SHO
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars

"I applaud Ford for bringing back some excitement to one of its best-sellers and managing to make the Taurus SHO a technological showcase of engineering advancements."

New Ford Fan

December 21, 2009

2010 SHO AWD

Strengths:
Beautiful design, very strong performance

Weaknesses:
Buttons need to be designed better

Summary:
When I decided to replace my Maxima, I decided to look at the American cars first. I wanted something with a lot of power, but can also serve as a family car. I chose the Ford Taurus SHO. I have no regrets. It's a beautiful car, very powerful and yet very smooth and quiet. Nice and roomy with a beautiful interior as well. I'm shocked how advanced this car is. It's full of technological options.

The only complaint I would have is that the radio buttons, expecially the volume and tuning knob are way too small. There is excess space on the center console so there is no need for such small buttons and knobs. Also, the trunk release is on the passenger side of the center console for some reason. Also, the car is huge, but the rear legroom is not huge. Part of the reason is they made the trunk huge. I would have sacrificed some trunk space to increase the rear passenger space. I think passengers get priority of space over luggage.

Other than that, I'm very impressed with Ford and their new lineup. I love the Taurus SHO.

Nissan Maxima

jenette

April 9, 2007

Price Paid:  $13000.00 from carmax atlanta

2007 ford taurus

Strengths:
space, sound system, quiet riding, power, seats 6, feels safe, good looking body

Weaknesses:
none yet

Summary:
I just bought the car 4 days ago . I love the roomy interior. I have the se model. It feels like it has plenty of power, and it shifts nicely. It has 8,000 miles on the car, and I can only hope that Ford got all the tranny problems worked out.It has 3 years or 23000 miles left on the man. warranty.I will update and let everyone now what happens with my 07 taurus

2001 pt crusier
2002 chevy cavalier
2000 ford focus

dinah monast

February 10, 2010

Price Paid:  $14000.00 from astorg ford

2007 taurus se

Strengths:
wonderful solid riding car! i've had my taurus for almost 3 years and have been more than happy/satisfied w/the handling and dependability. for the past several weeks here in w.v. there has been an unusually heavy amount of snow. roads have been hazardous but this taurus (all weather tires) takes it like a trooper! have had no mechanical issues other than the defroster. not quite at 60k miles, am hoping it continues to run this well as miles pile on.
handles safely and well on the windy hilly w.v. roads!

Weaknesses:
am not seeing the gas mileage (even on interstate) to be close to what is listed. can understand, due to the terrain, except should get much better on interstate when i drive south. never come above 20mpg on hwy, and that was in flat south lousiana!

Summary:
well made solid car. would recommend to anyone who wants a dependable mid-priced vehicle.

wmrbreeden

September 6, 2006

Price Paid:  $12500.00 from Enterprise

2005 Taurus

Strengths:
Large Size
Power everything
Simple dash layout, intuitive
Nice exterior styling
Affordable for families
I feel safe in this car

Weaknesses:
Could use more power sometimes, but I'm used to my T-Bird and Mustang!

Summary:
Nice car! Large 4-door sedan does everything you ask of it. Large interior, my 6'4" friends can sit in the back seat and I don't have to move my seat to make room. HUGE trunk. Simple dash controls, easy to find everything. GREAT cupholders. (Believe me, this is more important than you first realize.) Peppy engine, though could use more power in such a big vehicle. Power everything, totally loaded. In this case, 'boring sedan' is exactly what I wanted. I don't want to be noticed, just leave me alone to run my errands and go to work, but at the same time, the current Taurus styling is sleek and attractive. No more trouble than any other car if you take care of it. It's big, simple, affordable, and has everything I could ask for. What's not to love?

Dodge Intrepid

Jason

February 3, 2007

Price Paid:  $10000.00 from Texan Ford

2005 Ford Taurus

Strengths:
Roomy, comfortable seating, good vision, NOT ugly, average to above average fit and finish, gas mileage (26mpg), good heat and AC, excellent trunk space, above average cup holders and center console, does great on icy/slick roads, reliable, tough.

Weaknesses:
Turn radius, road and wind noise (after about 50k miles.

Summary:
This is my second Taurus. I use them for work and average 400 miles a day, five days a week. This car is your everyday, run of the mill, boring sedan. The car is not sleek, stylish, or overly impressive in any way. I've never been been over or underwhelmed by this vehicles performance. I put 189,000 miles on my first Taurus and only replaced the tires and wipers. I have 90,000 miles on my current Taurus and not counting the oil change every 3000 miles, I've replaced the tires and wipers only once.