Ford Thunderbird (2002 - 2005)

More products from Ford >>
Thunderbird (2002 - 2005) MSRP: $ 14000.00

After being on hiatus for several years, Ford introduced a new Thunderbird for 2002. Returning to the original formula for the Thunderbird, the latest version had a two-seat coupe/convertible layout like the first-generation Thunderbird and retrofuturistic styling to match.

Frances Ely

October 20, 2003

2003 Convertible, 5 speed automatic

Strengths:
Tight steering control, exceleration and relatively good mileage considering the type of driving.

Weaknesses:
Couldn't find one.

Summary:
I rented it for the weekend nad now I am willing to give up my Town Car for it. After 3 days of steady mountain driving I was not sore anywhere. The car handled extremely well on the curvy and narrow mountain roads. The exceleration when needed was like a turbo kicking in. I previously owned a '59 T-Bird and this is so much better. It out handles any BMW or Mercedes two seater I have driven

BMW & Mercedes

jmtully1

June 23, 2003

Review 2 of 233 , from Garden Grove, Calif.

Price Paid:  $40000.00 from Villa Ford, Orange,

Weaknesses:
Dealership or My Ford customer service no help. Drive the car another 5K miles and the smell should go away (current miles 10,500). No concern expressed for the drivers health during that period. Have been experiencing numerous sore throats since April 2003.

Summary:
Good car until cab filled completely with smoke from the heater defroster in April 2003. Couldn't really used the heater defroster afterwards, due to the smell. Tech Service Data Sheet report: Sulpher smell in cab, under load.

Kathy Nelson

January 21, 2007

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Larry Miller Dodge

2002 Ford/Thunderbird

Strengths:
Love the V-8! The faster you go the better it feels. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Weaknesses:
none i can think of.

Summary:
I love my red T-Bird. Its red, sexy looking and fun to drive. I always get compliments on it. My husband said its a chick car. I have to agree. I keep telling him I'd like to do a topless run. Its comfortable driving everywhere and anywhere. I occassionally let my 18 year old daughter drive it so she can show it off. I do not let my car sit. It's for driving, not storing.

1995 T-Bird. 79' Ford truck

Lou Hegyi

June 16, 2008

2002 Ford Thunderbird

Strengths:
Speed and handling, beautiful car.

Weaknesses:
Odd smell from AC system.

Summary:
Excellent drive, handles and accelerates beautifully. Fun weekend convertible. Not too bad on the gas for an 8 cyl.

ken abell

December 23, 2003

Price Paid:  $39575.00 from ed mullinax ford

2002 ford thunderbird

Strengths:
styling, steering, braking, acceptable acceleration, nice comfy interior, nice handling car. the removable top is fantastic but it is normally off the car.

Weaknesses:
none for me except i put it away every nov. due to the winters in ne ohio!!

Summary:
great car. makes me smile every time i get in it. great styling..handles fantastic, accelerates very well, decent gas mileage( +22mpg on open road)i got the tbird blue which is a beautiful color no longer avail. in the 2003 model. interior is comfortable for a 4 hour road trip. i get constant complements from people on the street.