Honda Accord (2010 and older)

More products from Honda >>
Accord (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 21180.00

The Accord is Honda’s midsize car, which was completely redesigned for 2008. The latest-generation Accord includes three firsts for Honda in North America: next-generation Variable Cylinder Management, interface dial controller and dual-chamber driver’s and front passenger’s side airbags.

Offered in both sedan and coupe versions, the coupe receives more aggressive styling to differentiate it from the sedan.

Expert Reviews: 2011 Honda Accord Sedan | 2008 Honda Accord Sedan and Coupe | 2007 Honda Accord
Expert Rating:
4 stars

"Now in its eighth generation, the venerable Accord continues to set the bar for quality, performance, and value."

Sheryl Long

April 30, 2011

Price Paid:  $25040.00 from Coast Honda

2010 Accord

Strengths:
Good Gas mileage- back row seats are ok.

Weaknesses:
This car is completely uncomfortable. This car is not for families. The cabin is equipped with the worst material you can find.

Summary:
I am sure to let all of my friends about my troubles with the 2010 Honda Accord. I owned the car for all of six and a half months and I regret buying it. Honestly- it was a huge waste of money. The head rests are ridiculously painful. I've been to the chiropractor five times within my ownership of the car. Many people that I know of that have owned or own any Honda have been led to disappointment. Like any car dealer, they make it sound like the best car on the market. Unfortunately, I took the bait and bought the car. I really only use this car to drive to work, and I am still disappointed within a thirty minute drive. On occasions if my husband is working, I bring my daughters to tennis in this car and I always hear moaning from the backseat; "Mom- this stupid car is killing me, I am sitting on rocks".

I am looking into a Nissan Altima or a Ford Fusion. Both of these cars have better gas mileage and price value than an Accord. My sister has had her Nissan Altima for a good amount of time and it is still going strong. The Ford Fusion is recommended by my own parents, who aren't really into any 'bells and whistles'. These cars are recommended for families and I can't wait to trade-in my Accord (if they even accept these poor cars).

Chan Singh

September 30, 2010

2010 Accord

Strengths:
Powerful engine, nice styling. reasonably priced.

Weaknesses:
Extremely uncomfortable seats.
Very poor stability. I nearly lost control on four occasions. I have to drive the car as like I am handling eggs.

Summary:
Will not recommend this car due to the above two weaknesses. I should have bought a Hyundai. I will trade it in as soon as I can afford to.

Matt_Landers

May 29, 2010

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Allan Nott Honda

2010 Honda Accord

Strengths:
Personality of the car. Intuitive controls on the car. Nicely weighted steering and solid road feel. Premium audio system (270 watts)

Weaknesses:
Lack of some features for an MSRP of 25,480.00, EX trim level... Such as fog lights, XM radio which are standard features in many other vehicles.

Summary:
Overall, its a great car. Have owned several Honda's and have enjoyed them. Gas mileage isnt bad but should be better coming from an auto maker priding themselves on it. The car handles WONDERFUL in the snow and has a nice solidi feel to it in general. Ill keep buying them if Honda keeps making them this good!

2011 Hyundai Sonata but prefer a Honda.

J D S

October 20, 2009

Price Paid:  $275.00 from Lia Honda

2009 Accord LX

Strengths:
Attractive. Competitive. Steering wheel controls light up. Tons of headroom and legroom for 6'3" driver like me. Curtain airbags. (7 or 8 total!) This car will last a long, long time. Best brakes I've ever used, and I'm 42. Excellent stereo system. This is the best car I've ever owned. I think the V6 Accord ( I own the 4 cyl.) makes it the Best Car available at ANY price, anywhere. My '08 Pilot is the best SUV on the road; it seats 8 (8!)-in comfort, even in 3rd row! My 17 yr old nephew sat back there this summer! Twice!

Weaknesses:
Non ethat I have found. People who don't like Hondas complain abut the seat comfort. I think they make them harder than some so they last forever-like the car itself. I'm 230 lbs, and I like them just fine. Beautiful fabric!

Summary:
This car is large, comfortable, quiet, very competitive, fairly quick, and very economical. Very attractive, also. High quality as is typical of all Hondas. I also own a 2008 Honda Pilot, and neither vehicle has had any service done other than oil changes.

1991 Honda Accord, 1995 Dodge Intrepid,(HUGE car),1998 Nissan Altima (good car, but BIG step down from 91 Accord),2003 Trailblazer (one of few good ones), 2005 Venture (DO NOT BUY THIS P.O.C. !!) 2008 Honda Pilot

Regretbuyinghonda

October 14, 2009

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from Findlay Honda

2009 HONDA ACCORD

Summary:
I traded my 2008 Honda Accord coupe, which I bought brand new, because brakes were squeeling, to a 2009 Honda Accord (4door). Same problem! Service department changed disc and pad couple of times. And due to change them again, waiting for new pads and disc. Still the same problem. How many more times do they have to keep changing until they get it right? I'm just one out of 7 or 8 (maybe more) with the same problem. I'm very disappointed with Honda. The reason I buy their cars because they used to have a good reputation on quality. Now it seems they're making cars by quantity and not quality anymore. They insist it's not a safety issue. That's right, but it is an issue! Buying a brand new car and encountering this problem, how would you feel? And how would you feel to hear this problem everyday when you drive your car? I'm really sad and disappointed, I should have bought something else :-(