2011 Honda Accord

More products from Honda >>
Accord MSRP: $ 21380.00

Pros:
  • Comfortable cabin and interior space
  • 4-cylinder engine fuel economy
  • Attractive coupe style
  • Impressive safety and crash test ratings
  • Envious resale value
Cons:
  • Too much road noise
  • mediocre interior quality
  • Missing 60/40 split fold down rear seats to extend trunk space
  • Bluetooth not available with all trims
Ruling: The 2011 Honda Accord is a staple in the affordable midsize class for very good reasons. The Accord has a strong reliability and safety record, its resale value remains strong, and it is offered in a sedan, coupe, or fastback (Accord Crosstour) design. While the exterior styling and in-car electronics are showing its age, the Honda Accord ranks 4 out of 19 according to the U.S. News Car Rankings in its class.

The Accord is Honda’s midsize car, which was completely redesigned for 2008. With more dramatic styling and an increase in size, the new Accord sedan offers the most room and comfort ever offered by an Accord.

The Accord nameplate is one of the most storied names in the business. Among its many awards, it has been named one of Car and Driver's 10 Best an astonishing 24 times.

CarReview's opinion of the 2011 Accord Sedan | 2008 Accord Sedan | 2008 Accord Coupe

Likes
  • A very functional sedan - built for the family or for the office
  • Great interior and lots of trunk space
  • Efficient four cylinder engine mated to a well matched transmission
Dislikes
  • Front seats almost as hard as a park bench
  • Mid-year refresh actually made the rear less attractive
  • Styling does not stand out over the competition
Verdict: If you are looking for a reliable and roomy family car that can also double as the commuter and the long distance trip car, you’ll have a winner with the 2011 Accord SE. It’s not the body design that’s going to turn heads, but it’s also not an eyesore. Undoubtedly, the Accord remains one of the closer kin to the European sedans and deserves consideration when looking for more of a value play.

Read the full review>>

terri cragen

May 29, 2012

Price Paid:  $19500.00 from Local Honda Dealer

2011 LX-P

Strengths:
It's a fine looking car.

Weaknesses:
wind noise, clunking noises from door, poor fuel economy, feels like it's working very hard during acceleration, the grade logic transmission downshifts roughly going downhill, not many features

Summary:
I purchased this vehicle new from a local dealer. We took a short test drive of a couple miles and the car seemed satisfactory. The evening I picked up the vehicle, we drove off down the highway and I was shocked at the amount of wind noise from the driver's side door. I mentioned this to the survey taker that called following my purchase. I also mentioned this to the salesman when he called. Anyhow, after driving the vehicle several hundred miles on one trip, I'd had enough and wanted the vehicle looked at. I also noticed that the driver's door was slightly misaligned with the rear door. The dealer looked at the vehicle and adjusted the door to align it. The vehicle went back to the dealer two more times and the problem never was corrected. Having lost the "new car feeling" within 1,900 miles and six weeks, I asked the dealer to buy back the vehicle, which they did, and I bought a Camry instead. The Accord never got more than 29 mpg -- and that was on one 60mph 200-mile trip; the rest of the time it averaged about 25 mpg. In addition to the wind noise, after the second attempt to fix the problem, I noticed what I call a clunking of the door when going over speed bumps, pot holes or other road imperfections. Overall, I am extremely disappointed with this vehicle and Honda in general.

2012 Toyota Camry which already has over 600 miles on it and feels tight as a drum, quiet and very responsive in handling and acceleration.

Michael Scott

January 8, 2011

Price Paid:  $25500.00 from Santa Barbara Honda

2011 Accord sedan/exl

Strengths:
Smooth ride and comfortable except for the headrest

Weaknesses:
The headrest is the most uncomfortable I have ever had

Summary:
I like the car. I have two problems. They added a radio to play XM stations. They gave a 3month free XM trial. When the 3 months are over and I don't want to pay for the XM service I am still stuck with it. The headrest is terrible. I took the car back to the dealer for adjustment. They say it is that way by law. I don't believe it. I see many reviews complaining about it but no recall, no explanation, no nothing. The headrest should be recalled.

I have a 99 honda accord ex that I love. I have had several hondas over time, including motorcycles. My 99 accord had a transmission problem they would not recall and the computer died. This car has the headrest problem. I wonder what happened to Japanese quality?

derrickaf

November 20, 2010

Review 3 of 3 , from Portland, OR

2011 Accord EX-L V-6 Coupe 6-Spd MT

Strengths:
This is my second accord coupe ex-l 6sp mt and this is the best one performance, wise. Wow, Honda fixed and addressed all the minor issues I had with the previous model: better seats, wider tires, more power (still not 300hp, why not Honda?) better adjustability for the steering wheel and did, I mention the looks are killer? Great, up date. My car after the 2007 Honda Coupe...BMW 740I. This car is very nice. Stacks well against the so called prestige brands. Here's a secret, it's low maintenance for repairs...HA!!!

Weaknesses:
The dash board uses too many hard plastic surfaces and not as supple as the previous model.

Summary:
Absolutely, Love and recommend this car until I get the BMW 6 series and higher maintenance fees. It's that good and beautiful to look at...