Honda Civic (2010 and older)

More products from Honda >>
Civic (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 15605.00

The Civic is Honda’s compact car that is offered in sedan and coupe versions. First introduced as a small, inexpensive hatchback in 1972, the Civic has increased in size during its lifetime while continuing to offer excellent fuel economy. The entire Civic line was all-new for 2006.

The basic Civic is available as a sedan and coupe and comes in several trims: DX, DX-VP, LX-S, EX and EX-L. The Civic SI, the performance-oriented trim, offers 57 more horsepower than the base model, a few more performance options and a starting price of around $7,000 more than the base Civic.

The Civic also comes in two eco-friendly options: the Honda Civic Hybrid, which is reviewed separately, and the GX, a hybrid alternative that runs on Compressed Natural Gas. Unfortunately the GX is only sold in California (and other states that have accepted California's Zero-Emission Vehicle regulations). It costs about $10,000 more than a base Civic.

Expert Reviews: 2007 Honda Civic Si | 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid | 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid
Expert Rating:
4 stars

"The Civic Hybrid offers a lot of content, high quality, good styling, and hybrid efficiency at a reasonable price."

Diane

September 2, 2009

Price Paid:  $20000.00 from Patty Peck Honda

2009 Honda/Civic

Strengths:
roominess for a small car, good radio system, smooth ride, good gas mileage

Weaknesses:
I haven't noticed any yet.

Summary:
Thus far, I have really enjoyed my Honda Civic. I am getting 36 miles to the gallon. Also, my insurance went down $100 every six months. The car looks small from the outside, but is quite roomy inside.

I had a Ford Mustang convertible until an eighteen wheeler ran into my car. I like the smooth feel and roominess of my Civic.

blabla

February 14, 2011

Price Paid:  $20100.00 from Capital Honda

2008 Civic EX

Strengths:
Reliability, style, fuel efficiency, resale value

Weaknesses:
Weak highway acceleration, weak headlights, cheap interior fabrics and materials

Summary:
I loved this car more than life. It took some time to grow on me (I'd owned a V6 prior) but once I saw I was getting 40mpg on the highway and 28 in the city with the AC on, I never looked back! Awesome car, never had a SINGLE problem with it in the three years I owned it. Fun to drive (like a go cart) and when I was finally forced to sell it I got a very decent price for it. A+ in my book.

Fred Wagner

December 2, 2009

2008 EX-L

Strengths:
Reliability, build quality, gas mileage

Weaknesses:
Tire monitoring indicator constantly on in cold weather

Summary:
Have driven this vehicle for almost two years. Replaced a Toyota Corolla which I did not enjoy. Average over 30MPG in combination of city and rural roads. Great vehicle for my comute. Little required maintenance. Beat all around vehicle I have owned.

Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3, Nissan Altima

Becca

November 20, 2008

Price Paid:  $17300.00 from The Honda Store, Boa

2008 Civic

Strengths:
Lifetime, MPG, room, trunk space, power

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
I had a 1999 Civic that had over 170,000 miles on it. It ran great around town but had trouble with the big hills that's why I decided to get a new car. While shopping I had to decided on a few different cars but in the end the Civic was the best choice for me. I bought a Blue 4 door Civic brand new. It has been a great car! I get around 27 mpg in the city an close to 35 on the highway. It accomodates myself (thin 5 foot something frame) and also my fiance (a larger 6 foot something frame) with ease. The seat pumps up and down and the steering wheel telescopes out. Both features make it easy for anyone to drive. I highly recommend the Civic to anyone. It is a reliable car that will run forever (like my 99 170,000 mile baby!) They are very affordable and extremely safe with one of the highest saftey ratings of any car in it's class. They are great cars!

1999 Honda Civic

Mike H

March 31, 2008

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr

Summary:
The Civic’s that are made in Canada has very poor fit and finish. The hood on the left and right fender would not be even, other panels on the car would be off on each side and also the bumper in the back. If they can't even make that right, just imagine the engine and the transmission components. “Honda owner check your civics and you would be able to tell the difference on the body panels are not even on the right and left sides of the car”. I asked the dealer sales people and their replied “they don’t know why”.

However the civic hybrids are made very well, those are made in Japan.