Hyundai Tiburon

More products from Hyundai >>
Tiburon MSRP: $ 17270.00

The Hyundai Tiburon is a 2-door, 4-passenger family coupe, or sports coupe, available in 4 trims, ranging from the GS to the SE.

The GS is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 138-horsepower engine that achieves 23-mpg in the city and 31-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The SE is equipped with a standard 2.7-liter, V6, 172-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 26-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard.

daddysgirl12881

December 29, 2010

Price Paid:  $12500.00 from Hyundai of Everett

2008 Hyundai Tiburon

Strengths:
Style, Price

Weaknesses:
Mechanical issues

Summary:
I bought this car as my 3rd Hyundai. I have previously owned two different model accents. I loved my accents and they proformed as they should all the time I owned them. The Tiburon on the other hand does not. We were so excited to buy the sporty tib and have had it for almost 2 years now. We have just hit 10k on the milage and the clutch seems to be toast. I have researched and found that since 2003 the tib has had well known clutch issues. There was even a class action lawsuit due to hyundai blaming early clutch issues on improper usage. I find it crazy that in just 10k my clutch is gone. Actually my car was towed to the shop today and I am awaiting their call. I would not recomend this model of hyundai to anyone. EVER...... I would recomend the accent but really that just isnt the same now is it. Good luck to those out there who buy them. I will be unloading mine asap.

miketurner09

February 3, 2009

Price Paid:  $17000.00 from Texas

2007 SE

Strengths:
Badass design, shifts smooth, great gas milage, and good price.

Weaknesses:
None.

Summary:
The car is just badass. I have the SE version so its got the two-tone red and black seats which look sick, the 6-speed is just raw, and the styling is amazing. I get tons of compliments on my car and its all stock on the outside! I've put in two 10" Alpine Type R subs that hit hard as hell, but also look really nice because the subs are charcoal gray with red Alpine logo (exact mactch of the paint). I plan on putting on some rims here pretty soon, the stock rims are very nice looking but I'm goin to throw on some solid black ones or maybe black with red trim. I've seen one other tiburon with that kind of color rims and it looks awesome.
One of my favorite things about the car is alot of people aren't familiar with the Tiburon! This is awesome because you get astonished looks everywhere you go, and people are constantly asking you what kind of car that your driving cause they haven't seen em and love the design!
I don't have the sunroof so I can't say much there, but I've had no problems with mine whatsoever.... just speeding problems!

Karen Crisp

March 23, 2008

Price Paid:  $14000.00 from Motor Cars, Inc.- Tu

2007 V6

Strengths:
Gas milage saver- Great to drive and enjoy. Beautiful look and style.

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
I love this car! I get so many compliments on how nice it looks, not to mention the way it rides and the gas milage, too. It has such a sporty look! I bought it used and in mint condition...I'm so happy!

none

Kevin

September 21, 2007

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Motorword

2007 Hyundai

Strengths:
Decent in handling when making tight passing maneuvers

Weaknesses:
Seems structurally flimsy (i.e., sunroof problem), lots of engine lag in the shifting, poor acceleration off the line for a V6 standard

Summary:
It took less than 24 hours for something to go wrong on my Tiburon. And it's just been a series of problems since.
On Day 2 of owning the car, I noticed the alignment was out of whack. I took it to service, and the toe was found to be out of spec.
In the meantime, I had noticed a rattling when the sunroof was open. I thought maybe this would go away after the first one or two times open. It just got worse. The day before I was scheduled to have that repaired, my low tire pressure indicator light went on.
The sunroof was found to be a manufacturer's defect. The tires were low on pressure. AFTER JUST 2 and 1/2 weeks?! Are you kidding me?
This is the absolute WORST car I have ever driven. Given all the problems I've had so far, I have ZERO confidence in this vehicle and certainly would not trust it on any long trips.
Three weeks in, only one phrase could sum up this new-car experience: A complete disaster.

Chris_Tiberon SE

October 7, 2008

Price Paid:  $19500.00 from Family Hyundai

2006 Tiberon SE

Strengths:
Price, Looks, Handling, Safety, and Fuel Economy

Weaknesses:
Sunroof and lack of 6 speed potential for highway mileage

Summary:
I bought car new in '06... At the time i considered the civic SI but figured the 94+ octane fuel would kinda hurt... Looking back, i hafta kinda giggle... Its strange that even though gas prices have risen some 200% that the difference between octane fuels remained 10 cents LOL~

Anywho.... This car has been really solid for me, aside from the glitchy sunroof... I run a synthetic oil (Royal Purple) and get almost the MPG advertised... The car itself looks great and is alot of fun to drive... I do kinda wonder why Hyundai decided to only make the front brake caliper red though, just seems silly... Its also a mystery to me why they geared the 6-speed manual the way they did.... I run at 3200rpm @ 80mph... 5th gear is practically never used... Overall the car has been great, but simple adjustments could make it better....