Hyundai XG350

More products from Hyundai >>
XG350 MSRP: $ 25600.00

The 2004 Hyundai XG350 remains unchanged from the previous model year. The XG350 is again available in two trims, Base and L Sedan. Features such as an automatic climate control system, a trip computer and a six-speaker AM/FM cassette/CD stereo system are standard.

gailygirl

June 26, 2011

Price Paid:  $13000.00 from private seller

2005 xg350l

Strengths:
V6, leather, lots of bells and whistles

Weaknesses:
black interior (hot) in south.

Summary:
This is the second XG we have had. My husband had bought one new when we first met and sold it at two yrs old, due to personal issues, but he 'mourned for" the car and said selling it was a mistake. He did not have any issues with the first XG and adored the car. He is a 'reasonable driver'. When I decided to buy a used car, he suggested the XG and I bought one in "mint condition", one owner, with a solid car fax, and under 20,000 miles. He drove it 5 hrs from point of purchase to home because I didn't want to drive it through Atlanta noon traffic so I waited until "20 miles" from home for my turn at the wheel. The car "saved my life in the first ten minutes". I ended up in a "freak accident" involving a funeral procession and a 4 lane divided road multi 'pile up'. I was able to go from a "dead stop" parked @ the side of the road to 60 miles an hour almost immediately in order to "out-run" a "ricocheting car" that was impacted by another auto, headed for me at a high rate of speed. If I had not had a V6 and been able to "gun it" in order to avoid impact, I probably would not be here writing this today. If I had been in my 4 cyl. truck, I would have been "history". So as far as I am concerned the car has 'already paid for itself". This is my "trip" car and I baby my cars. So in a year or so I will update this site for any problems I may have, but so far it has been a good car with no problems, as was the prev. XG we had. I love my car so far...

nissan,hundai sonata, mazda

Vistar

February 8, 2011

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Grayson, Knoxville,

2005 Hyundai 350 XG

Strengths:
Lots of bells and whistles. Appeared to be a lot of car for the money.

Weaknesses:
Sudden acceleration.
Paint irregularities.
Poor mileage.
Soft suspension.
Trim adhesion problems.

Summary:
Immediately after purchase experienced sudden acceleration after cold starts - when temp was between 60 - 70 degrees. After serveral trip to dealer service, the car was replaced free of charge. The second car did exactly the same thing. Hyundai corp would not allow another replacement. The car was in service perhaps another six times. The defect could not be duplicated. District office told dealer they were not aware of any problems like this. Told them to tell me "it's the way I drive a car." Dealer suggested going through Lemon Law procedures, but cost of lawyer would be greater than selling the car "as is" at auction. That's where it went and I will never buy another Hyundai.

dyxiegirl

December 6, 2010

Price Paid:  $22000.00 from Houston

2005 Hyundai XG 350

Strengths:
lots of bells and whistles, comfort of ride, style, great power and acceleration at higher speeds

Weaknesses:
Ever since I owned this car there has been a sporadic condition that cannot be resolved. Always on a cold start, about twice every 3 or 4 months, the car will jerk right when I put it in forward. It's like the transmission or the fuel or something gets stuck. After about a few seconds it goes a way, but it looks like a beginner is driving the car.

Summary:
I really like this car. I have had it for 5 1/2 years so far. The only problem I have had with it was that weird acceleration problem. When the car was about 3 months old I ran over a huge chunk of metal in the road. It tore up the underside of the car, taking out the oil pan. The car was in the shop for 3 weeks, and I had a Jag as a loaner. I couldn't wait to get back to my XG350. No comparison in amenities, pickup, styling! I haven't gotten a new car because it would cost me $35-40K to get the equal amenities, and the car is still in great shape.

1997 Chrysler 300L, 1990 Mazda 9

milodog

October 18, 2009

Price Paid:  $17000.00 from Dealer

2005 XG350

Strengths:
Looks, ride, overall reliability.

Weaknesses:
Some service problems.

Summary:
Purchased this car new in 2005. Didn't know that it was going to be the last year the car was made. A/C condenser and compressor went out. Hyundia covered both, but after several failures at diagnosis, and me having to escalate the problem to regional service executive. Probably will not but another Hyundai because of service trouble with local dealer. But I have to say that otherwise, I love the car. Other than problem noted, the car looks great and rides great. I keep it clean, and get remarks on it all the time. I love the new Genesises, and I will give some consideration to getting one, but my service trouble with the local dealer will likely steer me back to Honda or Toyota.

Honda, Toyota

Cecely Birkenfeld

June 4, 2007

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Patterson Auto - Wic

2005 Hyundai XG350L

Strengths:
Lots of bells and whistles.

Weaknesses:
Low gas mileage, lots of road noise, lots of problems, not enough power.

Summary:
This is the worst car I have ever owned. I have had nothing but trouble with it. I have had it in the shop 7 times in less than a year. First it would die when I would put it in reverse. That took 3 visits to the shop for them to fix, then I took it to the car wash and my kids got wet in the back seat because the seals leaked. I would be driving down the road, and it would lose power and then pick back up. I still have problems when I leave a stop sign. 7 times out of 10 it will lunge forward and then lose power and when you hit the gas, it will peel out. The little drawer in the dash broke and was stuck out. The gas mileage is horrible. I bought this as a dealer demo car, so it had never been owned before, I now know why noone had ever bought it. It is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. I am trying to get rid of the stupid thing now, but am too far upside down.

1999 Chrysler 300M ***