Kia Amanti

More products from Kia >>
Amanti MSRP: $ 26045.00

New for 2009:
With its unibody frame fitted onto a platform more than 250 pounds lighter than the previous generation’s, Amanti’s 3.8-liter all-aluminum DOHC V6 engine generates 264 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. Assisted by a five-speed gated automatic transmission with Sportmatic® shift, Amanti delivers more power than the standard V6 output from segment competitors including the Buick LaCrosse, Chrysler 300 and Ford Taurus.

Gary

November 1, 2010

Price Paid:  $20000.00 from Fredericksburg Va.

2008 Amanti

Strengths:
Nice looking car even though it is no longer in Kai's auto stock.

Weaknesses:
Not good on gas

Summary:
Loud noise when engine is on and stays that way turning into the shop asap

hu6969

June 14, 2008

Strengths:
Seems luxury.

Weaknesses:
Bad gas milege. Cheap parts. Design looks like a copy of something else.

Summary:
If you want luxury car in this price range this would be one of the possibilities you may think of. I also thought like that way, but that was huge mistake. If a car costs $25,000 its value is $25,000. Although this Korean manufacturer describes this "luxury" car as cheap Mercedes/BMW/Lexus this is still Kia (probably can say the same thing for Hyundai "luxury" cars).
I had a lot of problems with this car in about 10 months. The problems include the major components such as engine and suspension.
The parts are cheap and plastic-like even if they pretend to be luxury.

Casey

July 19, 2007

Price Paid:  $20000.00 from Tempe Kia

2006 Kia Amanti

Strengths:
Warranty. The Kia 100,000 mile warranty is awesome. The price is a huge advantage and based on what I just read about this car from JD Power and Associates, I doubt it will be priced like it is for long. The car is very attractive and super comfortable inside.

Weaknesses:
I haven't encountered one yet, but I would imagine that the downside is Kia is not a premium luxury brand, which will turn off some people. Too bad because one test drive would seal it. It did for us.

Summary:
We have a Sedona and love it. Kia knows how to make comfortable cars. We decided to get a luxury car and checked out Volvos, Lincolns, Cadillacs, Infinity, etc. and I happened to see that Kia had a Amanti. So we went to check it out and holy cow this car rode better and had more features than ANYTHING we were looking at. We were going to buy it new for $32k, but saw that there was a used one with <12000 miles on it. It was super hot in Phoenix -- this is the best time to buy a car because car lots ar dead. Bottom line is we walked out with an intact warranty, just like a brand new car, for $20k. We literally cut our budgeted spend in more than half for a car that we bought for comfort, not price. Anyone old enough to remember the old Lincoln Continentals and Towncars and Mark IVs will remember that floating, effortless feeling. We had one when I was a kid and it was the car we always wanted to ride int. The Amanti is the only car on the market today that has this same feel -- at least among the cars we sampled. It is unreal.

Wide range of higher end cars. The Amanti doesn't belong in the midsize car field here -- it should be with the luxury cars. The auto magazines and such compare it to the Lincoln, Lexus, etc. It should be here.

pieter & sue chwiecko

January 12, 2007

Price Paid:  $20000.00 from KIA dealership

2005 KIA Amanti

Strengths:
Smooth and quiet, has alot of get up and go.

Weaknesses:
Makes people enveous of you.

Summary:
This car has no faults, so far it has been an awesome buy!
I would recamend this car to anyone over 6 ft tall.

many to much to list.

RKG

February 15, 2008

Price Paid:  $24000.00 from Kia of Union City, A

2005 Kia Amanti

Strengths:
Style, options.

Weaknesses:
Unreliable, too many repair issues, no replacement parts in stock.

Summary:
What a disappointment! Although I love the car, I'm ready to junk it. Yes, it is luxuriously appointed, lots of options, rides smooth, quiet interior, nice exterior style. BUT, too many problems. I'm so far upside down on my payment I will probably have to finance negative equity to get out of it - which I'm ready to do because I hate the problems.

The dealer has replaced both front struts, replaced the ESP light component, removed and re-installed the transmission because of jumps and delays in movement, re-programmed the transmission to hopefully finally cure that problem, repaired the rear power window, and now has had the vehicle for 3 days to repair the horrendous noise in the engine upon cold starts. I just read another review stating the same problem. Unfortunately, this engine noise problem did not even start until the day AFTER I paid $480 at the dealer for the 30K mile maintenance routine....what a bite. The steering column rubs and groans like a 20 year old car - a problem they can't seem "to duplicate." That's the catch all phrase - "we can't duplicate the problem."

I tried to file under the GA Lemon Law after the bout with the transmission (a real, actual SAFETY problem), but couldn't.

So sorry I bought this car. I'm torn between really liking it, and just plain being fed up with it.