2010 Kia Forte Koup

More products from Kia >>
Forte Koup MSRP: $ 16995.00

The Kia Forte Koup is a 2-door, 5-passenger family coupe, available in two trims, the EX and the SX.

The EX is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 156-horsepower engine that achieves 24-mpg in the city and 33-mpg on the highway. The SX is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 173-horsepower engine that achieves 22-mpg in the city and 32-mpg on the highway.

Expert Reviews: 2010 Kia Forte Koup
Expert Rating: 4 stars

"Behold, the very first Kia that you’d actually want to be seen in."

bustamove

September 16, 2010

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX

Strengths:
I have owned quite a few cars in my life, but none that garnered the attention that this one gets. I have had people walk up to me at gas stations, stores, post offices, the bank, and even at work. There has been four occasions where people came into my workplace to ask about my car. Dozens of times people have passed me on the highway with their eyes glued to my car. It is amazing and a very good feeling. I rebadged the car with custom "Koup" badges so nobody knows what it is. The fun part is when I ask them "What do you think it is"? I get answers such as a Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, or some sort of German import. When I finally tell them it is a Kia they are shocked and amazed.

Weaknesses:
I wish it would have had a push button start like in other markets. The suspension is a bit on the harsh side on bad roads. A navigation option would be nice from the dealer. Or even a semi built in Garmin like on the Suzuki SX4

Summary:
Averaged 37mpg on my first road trip (2.4 SX). Love the looks, plenty of power from the engine. Great interior upgraded from original release models. Fantastic warranty and KIA is not going anywhere as their sales are growing by leaps and bounds. The Koup turns heads everywhere you go, as I have only seen two others in four months of ownership. Go check this car out you will not be disapointed.