Mazda MAZDA6 (2010 and older)

More products from Mazda >>
MAZDA6 (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 18550.00

There are a lot of midsize cars on the road today, but the MAZDA6 is different from all the others in two very significant ways. Most noticeably, it is the only midsize model line to offer three distinct body styles to fit your style and utility needs. More importantly, it is built with a strong emphasis on driving dynamics. As one look at any of the 60-plus international awards the Mazda6 Sports Sedan has received clearly shows, no other model line in the class delivers the ride and handling characteristics near and dear to a driving enthusiast's heart like a MAZDA6.

Expert Review: 2009 Mazda MAZDA6
Expert Rating: 4 stars

"Pop the hood of a MAZDA6 and you’ll find either a 2.5 liter 4-cylinder or 3.7-liter V6, both of which are new for 2009."

Zoom Zoom Savannah

April 5, 2010

2010 Mazda6 s Touring Plus

Strengths:
Styling, Ride, Comfortable Seats, Visibility, Blind Spot Monitoring, Key fob remote with "switchblade" key, big trunk, daytime gauge lighting, nighttime gauge lighting, moonroof, beige seats, base stereo system, cool little ambient blue light near moonroof switch shines down on cupholder area, sliding armrest, coin box where it should be, Info button to monitor driving stats, outside temp reading, V6 power, horn is not a wimpy beep - actually honks!

Weaknesses:
Just nitpicky stuff like when you select a/c mode to defrost windows you can't select recirculate air at the same time. Stereo steering wheel control - when you scan to a station that's not a preselect I expect the next bump up or down to select the next preselected station in numeric order but it doesn't - I think it goes to the previously selected station. Gas mileage on the lower end of most Japanese V6s. If you have to turn your lights on during the daytime like for a "lights on when raining" situation the gauges dim a little too much.

Summary:
People - I have been new car searching for over a year and a half - trying to find the right combination of style, comfort, performance, etc. I was out to replace my '98 Accord V6. Naturally, I started with testing the 2008/09 new model of Accord. HATE the VCM they started using. I want V6 power all the time. I don't mind taking the hit on a few mpg. Plus, my '98 V6 with Michelin MXV4 tires was quieter. Even test drove the new Accord Crosstour - safety issue for me as visibility was very poor and I felt a little claustrophobic. I had rented a Mazda 6 4 cylinder last spring and I liked the car but didn't want a 4-cylinder. I put off seriously considering the Mazda V6 because of the gas mileage. All things considered for so long I finally decided to go with the Mazda 6 s Touring V6. It almost has no options because almost everything you could want/need is included. The ride is super sweet. I'm averaging 22.6 mpg in mixed driving - more city and that was 2nd tank of gas!

William McQuirter

August 9, 2008

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Bank St. Mazda

2006 Mazda 6 GSI4

Strengths:
Nice car, good handling.

Weaknesses:
Brakes have a design flaw or quality issues and wear out prematurely.

Summary:
Love the car since it was bought new at the end of 2006. Except just had into dealer and had to have new rear rotors and pads installed at 38,000 km. Dealer tells me this is normal and brakes only last around 30k. I told them they're wrong & have a problem with brakes on their cars as I have never had to replace brakes on any car I've had that early. Reading some other reviews and other Mazda owners have had similar problems. Mazda seems to have design or quality problem with brakes. Dealer & Mazda Canada told me the replacement is nornmal but they definitely have a problem. Nice car but beware you may have to replace brakes every 1.5 years based on normal mileage.

Honda, Toyota, Mazda.

Susan

May 2, 2007

Price Paid:  $25000.00 from Mazda of Lakewood

2006 Mazda 6

Strengths:
It is a beautiful car.

Weaknesses:
The car pulls hard to the right and goes through tires every 14,000 miles.

Summary:
I bought this car and loved it. I dont love it anymore, I resent it. I Have had my car for 7 months and my two front tires are already completly worn to the belt from my car pulling to the right. Not only did the dealership laugh in my face when I expected them to pay for my new tires, they charged me 500 dollars to get my car fixed. I also found out while I was at the dealership that my car was sitting on the lot for 4 months before i bought the car and was never taken in to get serviced before i drove it off the lot. I had mention to the dealer when buying the car that the car was pulling to the right and he blamed it on the roads. The service manager also blamed my tire and allignment problem on the roads. I have taken my car in three times since then becuase of its allignment problem and they still have not fixed it or will do anything to help me with this problem. I am Extremely unhappy with this car and the service I have received from Mazda.

Honda, Honda, and Honda

mikevm78

September 21, 2006

Price Paid:  $20995.00 from Mazda of Everett, Wa

2006 Mazda 6i

Strengths:
Looks, reliability, value, gas mileage, semi-sporty, good service, great value for the money!!!

Weaknesses:
2.3 4 banger could use a little more low end torque.

Summary:
I bought the car with 17 miles on it. I loved it right form the get go. It has the 2.3 4 banger but it still will get out of its own way when i need to. Highway driving is a blast, and i ive gotten 500 miles to a tank on more than a few occasions. For the price and what you get i am very pleased. The car currently has 10K on it with no problems other than a rattle now and again underneath. The service at the dealer is 1st rate. I plan on trading it in on its beefier older brother the Speed6 in a year or so. Cant beat the gas mileage in town and the highway, and the 5 spd manual auto makes it fun to drive. I bought the very very basic model and was very satisfied with what you get for a base car, the 6 speaker stereo sounds great. The car just looks good as well, compared to other "basic" sedans. I am very happy with my 6.

SARAHMIA

September 2, 2006

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from Lehman Mazda (Former

2006 Mazda 6

Strengths:
LOOKS AND PERFORMANCE

Weaknesses:
PULLING HARD TO THE RIGHT

Summary:
I loved this car from the moment I saw it. The car I test drove in was immaculate, loved the whole zoom, zoom, zoom experience. When the sales person pulled my car from the back, was nice road smooth but that lasted for two weeks. I have never had an experience like the one I had at this dealership. It was the worst experience of my life. I took the car back for service because it was pulling hard to the right. They had the car a week couldn't find anything wrong. I asked to test drive another car while mine was in the shop and they couldn't find another car on the lot for me to drive to compare cars.
I knew right away this was going to be a disaster!

Needless to say I have taken the car back 5 times. The last time an expert came in to check it out and he said it was the "toes" of the car. ?? I don't know what that is, he was also trying to explain to me that in Miami the streets are slanted so it isn't the car it is the streets of Miami. HUH? I might be a woman but I am not dumb!

I was not convinced. These men are taking me for a ride. I am sick of these people not listening to me so I have taken this to another level and hired an attorney.

I am thirty-something, experience drive for twenty years and all my cars are new. There is no way these people are going to keep me in this vehicle if I am not happy.

I am waiting for the response to excercise my Lemon rights!
Enough is enough.

DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR CAR FROM LEHMAN MAZDA!!!! THEY ARE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!

HONDA, TOYOTA, LEXUS