2009 Mercury Cougar

More products from Mercury >>
Cougar MSRP: $ 16500.00

The Cougar is offered as a 2 door coupe with a 2.0-liter/125-hp 4 cylinder or a 2.5-liter/170-hp V-6. Choose between a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic. ABS is standard.

taylors

June 28, 2009

2002 Mercury Cougar

Summary:
Why is it that on hot muggy days it will shut down and then after it cools down it will start but then shuts down again?

namcool

June 4, 2008

Price Paid:  $7500.00 from BNM Auto

2002 Mercury Cougar 35th anniversary

Strengths:
looks
engine
price
collectible

Weaknesses:
big
spoiler blocks rearview

Summary:
good car, great pickup, looks amazing

klala04

August 10, 2006

Price Paid:  $14500.00 from Modesto, CA

2002 Mercury Cougar Special Edition

Strengths:
Appearance. I love how the car looks, WHEN it works it drives great. Good pep, fast, and a lot of fun to drive.

Weaknesses:
Every thing but the appearance. I can't belive it just hasn't blown up yet. Any advise is welcome!

Summary:
I bought my car with 17,000 miles on it, all leather two toned seats, sun roof, special edition front scoup, all together it's a beautiful car. However, a short six months after I bought it the battery light, followed by the check enging light went on. So I took it in and it turns out it needed and entire new motor!! After batteling with the dealership they decided to replace it free of charge. Another six months goes by the transmission goes out and once again is replaced, free of charge. A year goes by and as I'm on the road out of town overnight, the check enging light turns on which coinciendeltly happened to be the last day of my warrenty. So, when I got back I took it to the dealer and suprise it needs another new transmission, but now they decide not to cover the cost. This car has been an absolute nightmere, I don't drive the car hard what so ever, and always on top of maintaince. This car is obviously a lemon. I'm currently batteling with the dealership to cover the cost of the transmission that has gone out again with only 36,000 miles on it. How's that for a horror story, thanks Ford!

aimster04

April 6, 2004

Price Paid:  $13550.00 from Woodhouse Mercury Li

2002 Mercury Cougar

Strengths:
Looks great and I love the special colors Cougars are made in. I have a laser red. It's really expensive to repaint though....two days after I started driving I hit a car (on homecoming night) and it cost me 400 dollars just to get a little bit of paint put back on. The sound system is awesome....but it's factory so by now the bass is getting a little worn out. I LOVE the interior. That was a major thing for me, it had to have a sleek inside. The black/gray is a great combo and the silver lining of everything makes the car look really sleek.

Weaknesses:
The gas milage suxs. I only get 22 mpg. The highest I've ever gotten was 23mpg. As opposed to my sisters Toyota Echo, she gets 35mpg!!!! The engine could be a little more powerful, but if it was anymore, we'd prolly be getting 18mpg! I wish the radio system played better. My friend has a Pontiac Grand Am GT and she has an amazing sound that comes from just the radio..the bass is really high. One last thing, I hate driving Calvin the Cougar (my car's name) in the snow. He kind of sucks driving in it.

Summary:
The Mercury Cougar 2002 is my first car and I must say I absoloutely love it!!! I've had it for one and a half years now and I've had a few minor problems, but they've all been covered under the three year warrenty. It rides pretty nice and I often find myself at the envy of everyone that doesn't have such a sporty looking car. It is pretty roomy for a two door, more roomier than a Pontiac Sunfire..which my friend drives. Overall I LOVE IT!

None..! Well except my dad's Toyota Camry and thats a pretty nice car.

Kristy

December 30, 2003

Price Paid:  $17999.00 from Woodhouse Lincoln/Me

2002 Cougar Sport

Strengths:
very stylish, good sound system, love the interior (black and grey design/ not cheap!) get up and go!!! grat car for the price!!!

Weaknesses:
grat car, can't think of any!!!!

Summary:
I am not sure why everyone is crying about their cougars. I bought mine almost a year ago brand new and have not had a single problem. I will agree that the tires are expensive and hard to find but that is expected with any sports car. My cup holder works great, i have not had any problems with it. As far as the back seats they could be a little roomier but if you have seen the Celica's back seat we have a ton of room. The backseats work great for my 3 year old's carseat so they don't bother me, plus i don't have to sit back there.

Neon - piece of sh*t!! escort - sucked