2009 Mercury Sable

More products from Mercury >>
Sable MSRP: $ 23540.00 - $ 28795.00

The 2008 Sable is a 4-door, 5-passenger family sedan, available in 4 trims, ranging from the Base to the Premier AWD.

Upon introduction, the Base is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 260-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 28-mpg on the highway. The Premier AWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 260-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 24-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.

The 2008 Sable is reskinned for 2008.

MercuryLover2008

October 13, 2007

Price Paid:  $34988.00 from Leith Mercury

2008 Sable Premier AWD

Strengths:
Exterior design, high quality interior. Paint color is beautiful. Premier wood package, power moonroof. 3.5L V6, SYNC and Bluetooth, Sirius radio, nav system. Exterior fit and finish, 18" alloy rims. Smooth, quiet ride, great handling. Plenty of interior space. Heated/cooled seats, wood trim.

Weaknesses:
Has Same Dash Design as the Ford Taurus.

Summary:
My 2008 Mercury Sable is fantastic. I could not be happier with it. It handles great. The ride quality is superb, quiet and smooth. I have plenty of head and legroom as well as a great view of the road. The interior quality is superb. The fit and finish of the exterior is very nice. It's very tight. I love the exterior design. The front design is very sleek and I like the clear tailamp covers. The performance of the 3.5L V6 is great. It moves this heavy sedan with no problems and the 6-speed shifts smoothly. And I love the beautiful exterior color. Dark Ink Blue looks awesome and the black leather with white stitching is first class. I am very happy with my new Sable. I suggest you go check one out. It's really good to see that Mercury has finally got a lineup that will get young buyers in to the showrooms myself in included. 10 Years ago I never would have thought i would own a Mercury at 27 Years old.

Before my Sable i had a 03 Honda Accord

pkbrown

October 15, 2006

Price Paid:  $11000.00 from west chester, pa

2002 mercury/sable

Weaknesses:
since july, car shows theft light, all all lights on dash, kinda stops including radio--for a nanosecond--then starts. sometimes stalls when making turn or at a stop. scary. passed diagnostic. i'm a wreck. any similar situations?

Summary:
fine except for severe problem.

Paul Q

July 1, 2003

Review 3 of 105 , from Nashua, NH, USA

Price Paid:  $20500.00 from Downtown Lincoln Mer

2001 Sable LS Premium

Strengths:
Reliability. Who could ask for anything better than not one single problem in 30 months? The interior and exterior styling are eye catching.

Weaknesses:
The drivers door requires a little bit more effort to pull open, but that's a minor issue. The trunk has plenty of room and fits plenty of suitcases, but the exterior styling causes the rear window frame to protrude into the access area of the open trunk. Sometimes can be a pain trying to wiggle a large item around it - not an issue with medium to small things.

Summary:
This car is excellent and we have not had one single problem with it. In fact, we have not taken it back to the dealer since buyting it even once - have the oil changed and tires rotated elsewhere. We bought this car in December 2000 so have been driving it for almost 30,000 miles and 2 and a half years. The ride is smooth, acceleration great, and the interior is classy. We got the Mach sound system upgrade, and it is well worth it. The sound is awesome.

1993 Mercury Sable

joyce

November 1, 2001

Price Paid:  $20560.00 from stuart lincoln mercu

2001 mercury sable ls

Strengths:
not worth the headaches!!!!!!

Weaknesses:
doors not water resistant, wipers fit wrong, and lazy service men!!!!

Summary:
I bought this car new because i thought for the money you can not beat the options, however i wish i would have thoughtmore about quaility and not quanity. For the first 3 weeks my drivers side front tire kept going flat, took it to the dealer they said their was nothing wrong. I took the tire off and saw a crack in the rim with a "blue " circle around it. Next the drivers side rear door collects water( when it rains)in the bottom and apon opening the door water pours on your feet. Dealer says never saw water, even though the entire back floor was soaked. next the wipers, even though the car is brand new, squeak and squeel and hug the window to tightly.

my last car was a lincoln mark8 and lincoln continential. lets just say i am disappointed to say the least!!!

syvillia

December 23, 2001

2000 LS

Strengths:
Nice looking, roomy, affordable, good road handling, pretty good gas mileage cd player

Weaknesses:
blind spots

Summary:
I purchased my Mercury Sable about nine months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed this car. Before purchasing this car I drove a 97'' Ford Escort. I haven''t had any problems with this vehicle yet besides vibrating at speeds above 60, which was fixed after having my tires rotated. This car is very roomy and very classy looking with an affordable price. People can''t believe this car is a Mercury Sable they think it''s some expensive luxury car. Actually when the dealer told me about the sable my response was I don''t want a sable it''s an old woman''s car. After seeing and test driving the sable I have been pleasantly surprised.

Ford Escort