2011 MINI Cooper

More products from MINI >>
Cooper MSRP: $ 18050.00 - $ 25400.00

MINI Coopers are among the most recognizable cars on the road, beloved for both their cutesy looks and zippy driving dynamics. The Cooper’s small size means it’s already incredibly maneuverable -- and that’s before you consider that it has handling dynamics designed by parent company BMW’s engineers.

The base mode is equipped with a standard 1.6-liter, I4, 118-horsepower engine that achieves 28-mpg in the city and 37-mpg on the highway. The John Cooper Works is equipped with a standard 1.6-liter, I4, 208-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 26-mpg in the city and 34-mpg on the highway.

Expert Reviews: 2011 MINI Cooper S Countryman | 2009 MINI Cooper S | 2008 MINI Cooper Clubman
Expert Rating: 4 stars

"The new MINI Cooper S Countryman is a fun car to drive...the ALL4 all-wheel drive system handled the inclement weather without making anyone nervous, despite the slick and curvy roads."

Longterm MINI Cooper Review by Kelley Blue Book

beckyas123

December 7, 2010

Price Paid:  $24000.00 from Moritz Mini of Arlin

2009 Cooper S

Strengths:
Great gas mileage Fun to drive

Weaknesses:
Mini's Service and Warranty Policies

Summary:
When I purchased my Mini I was told that eventhough I live 5 hours away from all dealerships, if I had any problems, it wouldnt be a problem because mini always takes care of their customers. My car is just 2 years old, I had to get a new water pump 3 months ago and had my routine oil change done. 4 weeks ago my oil light came on and I had to have it towed the 5 hours to Arlington, where they could fix it. (Mini does cover the towing there) Here I am 4 weeks in without a car and still not sure exactly what the problem is. Because I am 5 hours away, they will not get me a rental car but said if I could get to Arlington they would give me a loner car to drive back. Also, they informed me they can only drive the car back 250 miles. Well, I am over 300 miles away, and they basically told me to bad. It just goes to show, salesmen will tell you anything to get you to buy their product no matter how many lies are included in it. If you live in the same town where they can do maintenance, then I would consider it more than if you do not. I can tell you I will not ever purchase a car from them again.

nervous1

December 5, 2009

Price Paid:  $36000.00 from Baron MINI, KS

2009 Cooper S

Strengths:
The car drives well and is fun. Gas mileage is great and when everything is good it's a great car.

Weaknesses:
SERVICING is the WORST!!!!!! Based on the fact that when you buy a car the next group of people you will see are going to be the service department, make sure you ask around! These guys at Baron MINI in Merriam, Kansas are horrible! Firstly if you get Run Flat tires, make sure they schedule servicing for those because they don't tell you that your tires need to be rotated every 6000-8000 Miles. Because run flats are low profile they burn rubber quickly which make them very easy to go through. I brought in my car 5-6 times over the course of 8 months, and once at 9000 miles and they said my tires didn't needed to be rotated. These safe but a over priced tires costed me $250 each! And when I pay for tire road hazard protection they don't cover the tire unless it's within a certain tread depth. Besides the tires, these guys are just plain cocky jerks that are on the BMW stiff upper lip! They give you attitude and tell you nothing is wrong, but when your car needs something replaced they say nothing is wrong. Then when you get towed back, they look harder and finally find something wrong because they are in the clouds. My GF has a Jeep, she never has problems like this with her car. Heck, my brother has a GEO, I mean a crappy GEO, and they never have problems with their car like I do and it's not even 1 year old! You got to be kidding me.

PEOPLE, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DON"T BUY A MINI! GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE.... SOMETHING like a VW or a HONDA or a TOYOTA! Just don't buy a MINI!

Summary:
DON'T BUY A MINI COOPER from BARON MINI in Merriam, Kansas!

RUSSELL GLEASON

October 25, 2010

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from CROWN MINI OF RICHMO

2008 MINI

Strengths:
GOOD ON GAS AND FUN TO DRIVE

Weaknesses:
MINI DOES NOT STAND BEHIND ITS CARS.BRAKES,ROTORS,SENSORS ARE WORE OUT AT 38000 MILES AND IT WILL COST BETWEEN 600-700 TO REPAIR JUST THE FRONT BRAKES,AFTER IT WAS JUST STATE INSPECTED IN APRIL! AFTER I BOUGHT THE CAR NEW IN 08 THE SPEEDOMETER WAS OFF 4-5 MILES AN HOUR THEY WOULD NOT CALIBRATE IT TO BE CORRECT.ARE THEIR PARTS SET TO GO OUT AFTER THE 36000 MILE MAINTENANCE PLAN EXSPIRES?

Summary:
FUN CAR BUT IT IS NOT WORTH ALL THE EXTRA COST IN REPAIRS TO HAVE.WOULD NOT BUY ANOTHER MINI COOPER

M. Kenaga

November 9, 2009

Price Paid:  $32000.00 from Dreyer & Reinbold BM

2007 Mini Cooper S

Strengths:
Curbing, ride, feel 5 stars
look 4 stars
great mileage 5 stars

Weaknesses:
stripes show bugs, dirt
poor service (lots of promises no follow through)
New model/ LOTS OF PROBLEMS/recalls IN FIRST YEAR
Transmissions slips/hesitates on hills
Gear shift locks up when parked on hills
stalls in cold weather (not a fuel problem, I use suggested fuel)
leather seats scratched up, discolored
Tires get minimum wear before they need replaced (15,000- 20,000 on a supposedly 50,000 tire) blamed me!

Summary:
I love my Mini.I DETEST the service.
I love the looks and style as well as the camaraderie extended by other owners I meet from time to time. I am very happy with my car.
Having said that,however, I must address the issues with the extended(premier) warranty I purchased with the car. The dealer I purchased the car from refuses to do any repairs that are not reimbursed by Mini. I drive my car in the city which requires more frequent oil changes than a car that is driven on the highway. Although my owners manual states that this is covered my dealer wanted me to pay $120 and when I refused, the mechanic told me that they RESET the codes. I THOUGHT THAT WAS ILLEGAL. THEY ALSO PERFORMED SERVICE THAT I HADN'T ASKED THEM TO DO (they were due, but I was never consulted)