2010 Mitsubishi Galant

More products from Mitsubishi >>
Galant MSRP: $ 19999.00 - $ 27149.00

The Galant is a 4-door, 5-passenger family sedan, available in two trims, the ES and the SE.

Both trims are equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 160-horsepower engine that achieves 21-mpg in the city and 30-mpg on the highway.

Nyalogep

March 20, 2006

Price Paid:  $20000.00 from Burdick Mitsubishi

2006 Galant 4 cyl.

Strengths:
Reliability

Weaknesses:
handling on snow deathrow!

Summary:
This is the worst car on snow I have ever owned! I am 50 years old, so I did have some cars on the road! I hope it is just the tires, but I doubt it! I would like to know if other Galant owners having the same problem?

VW Jetta was great on snow

Christopher

September 19, 2005

Price Paid:  $27410.00 from Don Herring Mitsubis

2005 Mitsubishi Galant GTS 3.8V6

Strengths:
Powerful V6 engine, new unique styling,spacious,and a comfotable ride.

Weaknesses:
No HID (Xenon) headlamp option.No astray. Gear shift selector doesn't light up at night.

Summary:
I have had this car for a short time but I can tell you that I am very pleased.It is alot larger than my previous 2002 galant.I got the top of the line Galant and it came hard loaded.It rides really smooth and it's feels more stable than my previous automobile.I think Mitsubishi's are well built cars and I have had no major problems thus far.If you purchase a Galant, I recommend you get the GTS. It comes with leather,heated and power seats,projector headlights and fog lights,infinity 6 disc sound sys.,digital climate control, manumatic,and much more.

(2)Mazda 626's,2002 Mitsubishi GalantV6

On the road

December 22, 2004

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Rental

2004 Galant

Strengths:
Nice exterior, although the hubcaps looked cheap. Big surprise, huh?

Weaknesses:
CHEAP! Rides terrible, no pep whatsoever,the interior leaves much to be desired.

Summary:
I am writing this review because I care about people. I would hate to see anyone waste their money on a Galant. I drove a 2004 Galant w/ the 2.4 liter engine as a rental car for a week. I was anticipating driving a foreign car. However, the more I drove it, the more I wanted my 99 Taurus back! First of all, the interior is extremely cheap looking. I can just imagine the handles and locks malfunctioning in two years. The controls are also cheap and not situated for the driver's easy access. I couldn't even turn the radio station without having to reach halfway across the car. Secondly, it is a very rough riding vehicle. You can feel every crack and pothole in the road with this car. I was expecting a much smoother ride from a car that is only a year old. Also, the Galant has the power of a lawnmower. As I was passing a car, I honestly had the pedal to the floor and the needle would not go past 80mph. A true misconeption, as the Galant's speedometer indicates it can travel at 140mph. I doubt it! In summary, I would highly discourage anyone from buying this car. If you're thinking about getting one, do yourself a favor and DON'T DO IT! Your money would be better spent on something else.

Ford Taurus, Buick Regal, Olds Delta 88.

Reb4you

March 13, 2004

Price Paid:  $21500.00 from Mitsubishi Dealershi

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES - 2.4L

Strengths:
Roomier , quiet, smooth ride , controls are convenient and within easy reach.

Weaknesses:
minor blindspot in rear, poor glove compartment fit and trim.

Summary:
Just purchased the new 2004 Galant. Galant is much roomier than the previous 1991 Galant GS that I owned for 10 years. Ride is much quieter, center console is fairly well laid out for easy reach although it took me a little while to figure out the ac/heater controls. Mine has the 6 disc carousel CD changer which is really neat. The driver's seat sits much higher than my previous Galant and although the 2004 Galant is on the same platform as the Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV, it almost drives and feels like an SUV. What can I say - the new Galant is a much roomier car and the 2.4L engine that is on mine gives me enough power to handle it. The fit and trim of the Galant is up to Mitsubishi standards and the only problem that I have found is a "gap" and poor fit of the glove compartment door that appeared "warped". Mitsubishi dealer is now ordering me a new door. For curiosity, I looked at 15 2004 Galants on the dealer's lot after going back and found 7 out of 15 Galants with poor fitting glove compartment doors. The rest of the "fit and trim" seems to be ok for now. The ride is much smoother and has a "tight" fit and quieter sound other than the 2.4L engine noise that is typical of this size engine. Backseat is roomier for 2 adults - maybe 3, but it's not cramped. Sound quality is really great as I have the six-speaker infinity system. As usual, the oil filter and oil pan is located at the front of the vehicle which is convenient for me since I change my own oil. The view out the back from the driver's seat is a bit blind, but not as bad as other cars that have the same blindspot problems. Trunk is nice - flat and large - with the pass through for carrying long items. The inside courtesy light really doesn't stay on long enough once I get into the car at nights and I have to turn on the light manually for that extra light. But, overall, the 2004 Galant is a great car.

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Falsesmall

February 4, 2004

Price Paid:  $19070.00 from South Amboy, NJ

2003 Galant ES

Strengths:
Handling, Styling, Braking, Sound System, Reliability.

Weaknesses:
Cheap center console glove box, Cramped rear seating, gas mileage could be better

Summary:
Bought in December 2002, this car has been a pleasure to drive. Many compliments on the styling. Overall a good looking, fun and safe vehicle to drive and thus far worry free. With the model change for 2004 I would bet the 2003's can be had quite cheaply. I would recommend it.

1996 VW Passatt