Nissan Sentra (2010 and older)

More products from Nissan >>
Sentra (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 15420.00

The 2010 Nissan Sentra is a 4-door, 5-passenger family sedan, available in 6 trims, ranging from the 2.0 to the SE-R Spec-V.

The 2.0 is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 140-horsepower engine that achieves 24-mpg in the city and 31-mpg on the highway.

The SE-R Spec-V is equipped with a standard 2.5-liter, I4, 200-horsepower engine that achieves 21-mpg in the city and 28-mpg on the highway.

Lisa Lichtenthal

June 22, 2010

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Nissan 112

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0

Strengths:
Very pretty vehicle, rides like a boat.

Weaknesses:
Gets 23 mpg average highway and local.

Summary:
I will never purchase a Nissan Vehicle ever again. I owned a '99 Nissan Sentra and got 30 mpg easily, which is why I expected the sticker mileage to be accurate at between 28-34 mpg on this vehicle. The gas mileage is better on a truck.

Charla Carpentier

May 19, 2010

2009 Sentra

Strengths:
Gas mileage

Weaknesses:
I hate this car, I went from a Ford Explorer to this. It is awful in the rain, snow, and wind. Extremely slow acceleration. On the high way if you go over 65 the car starts shaking. Over all I pray that my car gets stolen. It was the worst choice buying this car and I would never make the mistake of buying a Nissan again.

Summary:
waste of money, worst investment ever.

MGALEK

November 2, 2009

2009 Sentra

Strengths:
Size, dependability, ease of driving. Nice exterior design.

Weaknesses:
GAS MILEAGE - AWFUL! I cannot go a week without tanking this car. I used to have an Altima with better gas mileage. Horrible

Summary:
Overall good car, drives smoothly & parking is great.

2005 Nissan Altima

Fishosopher

September 28, 2008

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Longwood, Florida

2008 Sentra 2.0 automatic

Strengths:
I got a good APR and a good trade in value from the dealer. You get more standard options. Huge glove dept & trunk. Modern styling. Radio is sharp and has many useless gimmicks. Controls on steering wheel. The car uses a key instead of a keyless remote. It is very easy to change your own oil since the filter and drain plugs are conveniently located.

Weaknesses:
DON'T BE FOOLED by the sticker-The gas mileage is horrible for a 4 cylinder! I am very disappointed with the MPG. I went from a 1.8 Corolla to a 2.0 Sentra and there's a huge difference in gas mileage. The car is a tank; either very heavy or the suspension is soft. Go very slow over a speed bump (verry soft suspension). The acceleration is slow. The gimmicky transmission feels like its being run by rubberbands. The ride feels low. You cannot open the trunk without the alarm going on if you don't disengage the door locks. You cannot upgrade the radio to Nissan factory XM radio (although the salesman said it would be no problem). The radio sounds muffled and not true. I suspect that the factory installed speakers are junk. I will replace should I decide to keep the car. The tire air pressure warning light stays on no matter what. A recall notice should be sent on that. I will trade this car in when its out of factory warranty.

Summary:
I bought the car since I was having too many problems with my 2006 Corolla (What a lemon). I wanted to buy a Altima but I didn't trust that keyless gimmick Nissan has. Throughout the review I have tried to be objective since I like Nissan. It's an ok car if you can get a good deal, but I wouldn't buy it again.

2005 Corolla
2003 Focus
2000 Sentra

Mansoor Ansari

January 22, 2010

Price Paid:  $14800.00 from Kelly Nissan

2008 2.0

Strengths:
Great ride quality, no mechanical problems however slight.
Quality drive and craftmanship.

Weaknesses:
25mpg is not impressive.
ABS not standard

Summary:
This is the best bang for your buck. I bought this car based on its drive quality. It is just as smooth as a Camry. I have a base model with no extras. Very spacious interior. I have no complaints. Satisfactory resale value. Great Honey Wagon.

2000 Honda Civic Si