2009 Oldsmobile LSS

More products from Oldsmobile >>
LSS MSRP: $ 28500.00

The LSS is offered as a 4 door sedan with a 3.8-liter/205-horsepower V-6 or a supercharged 3.8-liter/240-horsepower V-6. Both come with a standard 4-speed automatic and ABS.

Taylor

March 13, 2008

1996 Oldsmobile LSS

Strengths:
Very powerfull engine, will smoke any ricer, or almost any other car for that matter.

Weaknesses:
None right now.

Summary:
Wow! That is all I can say about this car, what a great car for anyone to own. I got mine from my grandparents for my 16th birthday. I loved it from the minute I saw it. The seats are 8-way power adjustment, and the dual cliumate control is awesome. The 3800 V6 Supercharged, is abundant with power, and will through you back in your seat any time you punch it. The car is exteamelyn quite when driving down the highway, or when just crusing down the city streets. The only problem is that my harmonic balencer is about to go out on it, but that is not too hard to repair.

2000 Nissan Maxima SE
1996 Dodge Neon

AZCOS

November 23, 2006

Price Paid:  $2500.00 from PRIVATE OWNER

1996 LSS

Strengths:
ENGINE,COMFORTABLE SEATING FOR DRIVER AND PASSENGERS,QUIT,RUNS SMOOTH AND LOOKS GOOD.

Weaknesses:
THE CAR IS BLACK AND I LIVE IN ARIZONA, THIS IS NOT A GOOD COMBO IF THE CAR IS NOT GARAGED,SO THE PAINT IS PEELING.THE STEREO AND POWER ANTENA DO NOT WORK AND THE REAR VIEW MIRROR FELL OFF.

Summary:
THE CAR HAS PLENTY OF POWER,EVEN THOUGH I HAVE OVER 147,000 MILES.THE ORIGINAL OWNER TOOK A LOT OF PRIDE IN THIS CAR AND IT REALLY SHOWS.IT HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES.THE LEATHER SEATS ARE IN PERFECT CONDITION AND THE CAR IS SOLID,QUIET AND RIDES SMOOTH. WHEN THE CAR REACHED 55-60 MPH IT SHOOK A LITTLE,I SINCE CHANGED THE SPARK PLUG WIRES AND IT RUNS EVEN BETTER WITH NO SHAKING AT ALL.VERY GOOD CAR

RITA PHILLIPS

September 18, 2001

Review 3 of 6 , from EAST PROVIDENCE, RI

Price Paid:  $0.00 from DEALERSHIP

1995 OLDS LSS

Strengths:
LOTS OF "GET UP AN GO" POWER.

Weaknesses:
I, TOO, HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE CD PLAYER/RADIO. FORTUNATELY I WAS ABLE TO LOCATE AN EXCELLENT TECHNICIAN WHO WAS ABLE TO REPAIR IT FOR LESS THAN HALF THE COST THE DEALERSHIP WANTED.

Summary:
I AM BESIDE MYSELF TO UNDERSTAND WHY THIS CAR LOSES OIL. I HAVE JUST UNDER 37,000 ORIGINAL MILES AND CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 3,000-3,100 MILES. SINCE THE LAST OIL CHANGE I HAVE ADDED 2 QUARTS OF OIL. WONDER IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. (IT IS A SUPERCHARGED 3.8 LITER/240 HORSEPOWER V-6 ENGINE.)

None

Ian

April 27, 2001

1 to 3 years

Review 4 of 6 , from Simcoe, Ontario, Canada

Strengths:
Very comfortable, luxurious ride. Lot of practical options.Good gas mileage for the size of car.Good leather seats and very roomy. A great joy to drive.

Weaknesses:
Power antenna is garbage, does not go down all the way and cannot receive AM radio stations. The CD player quit working...Is'nt that true for all Olsmobiles. This is the third one I have owned and all three CD's quit working.

Summary:
Overall it is a good car. But since I haver crossed 200,000kms. the car is now starting to play up. At the moment, It is in the shop for antifreeze in the cylinders. Probably head gasket or blown intake maifold seal.Havent checked yet.Will buy this model again.

Much better and cheaper to operate than my previous Cutlass Supreme SL.

arj8ballas

December 13, 2005

Price Paid:  $1300.00 from From my Father

1994 Oldsmobile LSS

Strengths:
Good strong 3.8 liter motor! Comfortable leather seats.

Weaknesses:
The transmission went out at 220,000 miles. Had it rebuilt and no problems since. Power antenna does not work either. Never had any problems with stock radio although it was only a cassette.

Summary:
Great car. What more can I say. It has 228,000 miles on it. I purchase the Olds LSS from my father after the transmission went out on it and after my parents got an '03 CTS. I has been a good car and now it has some modification done to it since I got it.

1987 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Brougham