2009 Plymouth Neon

More products from Plymouth >>
Neon MSRP: $ 11500.00

The Neon is offered in a two-door coupe and a four-door sedan with choice of a 2.0-liter/132-hp 4 cylinder or a 2.0-liter/150-hp 4 cylinder. Also choose between a 3-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual transmission. ABS is optional.

heidi s

June 20, 2003

Review 1 of 133 , from merriam, ks

Price Paid:  $8995.00 from jim clarke motors, l

2001 plymouth neon

Strengths:
fast, zippy, sharp looking

Weaknesses:
not good for plus sized people and seat belt is extremely hard to buckle even if your thin

Summary:
Great car. no problems outside needed new radio. great ride. the head gasket problems are on the models prior to 2000 so no problems here rides like new still

cmitch134

May 3, 2003

Review 2 of 133 , from Yucca Valley

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Shaver Auto Center

2001 Plymouth Neon

Strengths:
Good acceleration.

Weaknesses:
The car handles like a whimsical balerina. You can't help but get the feeling that the car is gonna tip on a hard turn. Then there's the lenghty history of head gasket horrors that can only be viewed as a signal that you should not buy this car.

Summary:
In all truth, the Plymouth Neon has a sporty look and a great feel.

wm5454

January 1, 2003

Review 3 of 133 , from Woodbridge, va

Price Paid:  $10000.00 from Route 1 Pontiac

2001 Plymouth Neon LS

Strengths:
Haven't had it long enough to comment on it.

Weaknesses:
Haven't had it long enough to comment on it.

Summary:
I bought the car used with about 26,000 miles on it(one previous owner)and have had the car a little over a month and have experience the cars entire power system going dead while traveling down the road. It will happen as soon as I either turn my turn signals on, apply my brakes, turn my head lights on, or flash my head lights. What really scared the crap out of me was the power completely died one NIGHT while traveling from one major interstate highway on a cloverleaf ramp onto a beltway interstate. I had lights, not even emergency flashers. It was like the power to your entire house being cut off. I was able to come to a complete stop upon which I managed to open the hood of the car and jiggled battery wires ontop of the battery and suddenly the power was restored. This is the only fault I have had with this car to date. but after reading some of the previous reviews I'm probably in for more problems shall we say "down the road"?

Had a 1997 Geo Metro. should have kept it. At least it didn't die on me while traveling somewhere. Truely a dependable little car. It just didn't have airconditioning (3 cyl.)

wm5454

January 1, 2003

Review 4 of 133 , from Woodbridge, va

Price Paid:  $10000.00 from Route 1 Pontiac

2001 Plymouth Neon LS

Strengths:
Haven't had it long enough to comment on it.

Weaknesses:
Haven't had it long enough to comment on it.

chiefrhs

November 19, 2002

Review 5 of 133 , from chicago,ill,us

Price Paid:  $16500.00 from gregory dodge, highl

2001 /neon rt

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
everything named above

Summary:
This car for the first 500 miles was great. After that, it turned into a car that was unsesirable. The engine started to sound like a cold diesel engine. I took it to the dealer and was tod that that was the sound of the engine. No help there. Two months later a fine white smoke started to come out of the steering column. Took it back to the deader and was told that since it had been in a fender bender the warranty was not valid for that particular problem. How does a replaced hood and a bumper void my entire electric warranty? this car and dodge itself suck big time....

none