2005 Pontiac Aztek

More products from Pontiac >>
Aztek MSRP: $ 24000.00

The Pontiac Aztek was a mid-size crossover produced by the General Motors marque Pontiac from the 2001 model year to the 2005 model year — the first crossover offered by GM. The Aztek offered Versatrak, a full-time, fully-automatic all-wheel drive system which provided sure-footed traction in the snow or rain and could handle moderately rough off-road surfaces

CRYSTAL

May 8, 2008

Price Paid:  $10000.00 from thoroughbred chevrol

2005 pontiac aztec

Strengths:
EVERYTHING,AWD IS GREAT

Weaknesses:
THE BACK HATCH. I HAVE TO PUSH THE BUTTON TWICE

Summary:
I HAVE READ SOME AWFUL REVIEWS ON THE AZTEC, BUT I BOUGHT ONE. IT IS A 2005 AND I LOVE IT.IT IS A SMOOTH RIDE IT IS AWD.AND IF IT NEEDS REPAIRS IN THE FUTURE IT WILL GET THEM. I JUST LOVE IT.

VIBE

Liane956

August 2, 2005

Price Paid:  $15900.00 from Waynesburg Ohio

2005 awd verstrek

Strengths:
room, style all the extras and gas mileage

Weaknesses:
none to be said as of yet

Summary:
Hello I just purchased an Aztec. I heavily researched it prior to purchase. The complaints on all the reviews I have read on this site are mostly from 2001-2002 model years. My father in law is a GM mechanic he has always said do not buy a vehichle the first few years it is out obviously he is right. He rarely has worked on the 2003-2005 models he states. He would have not let me purchase this vehichle if he had. I love it, the space and all the extras that it comes equipped with are wonderful not to mention the price. My husband does say it is the ugliest thing on the car lot but he'll get used to it I'm sure. I used to think they were ugly too. My 4 year old loves it and so do I, if i do have problems I will state them on this site but for now It's the best thing I have ever gotten.

96 monte carlo,1992corsica,1998 chevy siverado which we still own and love have never had a problem with it since the day we purchased it!

Tracy Payer

April 14, 2006

Price Paid:  $19000.00 from SID DILLON'S FREMONT

Strengths:
has a lot of room. Nice comfortable ride. Good gas mileage

Weaknesses:
Costly repairs so early. And the back latch locking so quickly.

Summary:
I actually love the car. I have a lot of dogs and kids and make trips of about 20,ooo miles per year and it is very spacious. I also have been having trouble. I have 39,000 miles on it and am just going to pick it up from the shop ~ you guessed it front wheel bearing and intake gasket. I had it repaired at no cost to me and after reading everyone else's reviews I wonder if I will be replacing the other 3 hubs as well

sable

framps

May 16, 2005

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from Balconi's

2004 Pontiac Aztec AWD

Strengths:
Lots really. The car handles great, get's halfway decent gas mileage, decent acceleration, TONS of room for the size, all in all it's just a fun car.

Weaknesses:
see summary

Summary:
I've owned my Aztec for nearly 6 months now and I have 28000 miles on it. I had been pretty psyched about the car and it's functionality. However, today I spent $300 replacing brake pads and rotors. This struck me as odd. The repair shop told me they had been noticing that the aztecs were frying pads and rotors very quickly. Sucks for me, those aren't covered under warranty. The rear hatch is quirky. Now that weather has warmed, it seems to be working as intended - but the darn 3 second safety-lock delay is the most ridiculous idea ever conceived. I've gotton some strange looks running from the switch to the hatch in the parking lot when I don't have the remote in hand. AWD is mostly great. However, if you manage to spin the wheels with the engine cold, the AWD will cut out to prevent overheating. Not sure how it could be overheating since I've only had it in drive for 8 seconds and it's 16 below zero... but whatever. Other imperfections... the gas cap just doesn't really seem to seal the tank... in order lift the wiper blades you need to turn them on and cut power with them in mid motion... the rear window collects snow faster than the rear defrost can melt it... blind spots are everywhere - but I knew that when I bought it...

Yes, it's true... I have driven other cars.

Sonia Davis

April 14, 2009

Price Paid:  $5000.00 from car shop

2004 Pontiac Aztec awd

Strengths:
gas milleage....room..coozy

Weaknesses:
nothimg

Summary:
I love this car its roomy and BiG i have 5 people in my family and 3 dogs we fit good and coozzy

nothing...love this one