2011 Chevrolet HHR

More products from Chevrolet >>
HHR MSRP: $ 18720.00

The Chevrolet HHR is a 2- or 4-door, up to 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 4 trims, ranging from the LS to the Panel LS.

All trims are equipped with a standard 2.2-liter, I4, 155-horsepower, flexible fuel engine that achieves 22-mpg in the city and 32-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional.

Expert Review: 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS - HHR aka Hot-Hot-Rod
Expert Rating: 4.25 stars

"Vrrrooom. The HHR is a large vehicle and you don’t normally think of a vehicle this size being able to do 0-60 in just over 6-seconds. The engine loves to rev and it’s easy to hit the rev limiter in the lower gears and have power cut abruptly. With traction control off, it’s easy to spin the front wheels."

Visit our photo gallery to view more pictures of the 2008 Chevrolet HHR

Mich810

June 11, 2008

Price Paid:  $15000.00 from Lakeshore Chevrolet

2006 HHR/LT

Strengths:
Milage and handle well

Weaknesses:
Electrical problems

Summary:
I really was very happy with this car when I first bought it. I am a single mother and it was great for me and my childern. It also has a lot of storage. It drives and handles well. Then 6 months after I got the car it started having engine issues. I felt like it was stalling and when I took it to the dealership they said that they could not duplicate the issue. Then I would drive somewhere and the car would not restart till it cooled down. Once again could not duplicate the issue. I have been stuck in my car on many ocassions because it would not start. I have had the ignition replaced, the fuse block replaced and now wires replaced. All with the being told I am not sure if this will fix it. I am afraid to drive any were and do not trust this car.

wgeistdittman

December 4, 2006

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from Alaska Sales & Servi

2006 LT

Strengths:
distinctive look, comfortable interior and ride, nice base model options. Handles corners and bad road conditions well. Good mpg for its size.

Weaknesses:
Nothing worth noting.

Summary:
We bought this vehicle specifically for a 100 mile round trip commute that is done 5 days a week. We have been very happy with its performance. It averages 28-30 mpg. It is comfortable for our wide frames. We have a more base model, but we do have auto trans and remote start. There is a small adjustment needed because the power window controls are in the center console, but this is nice since we have dogs and they have put the window up on there neck in the truck we have. The HHR only comes with Front Wheel Drive, but has good ground clearance. We put studded snow tires on all four and it has handled GREAT on the snow and ice.