2005 Chevrolet Venture

More products from Chevrolet >>
Venture MSRP: $ 21000.00

The Venture is Chevrolet’s minivan that was introduced in 1997 to replace the Lumina APV, and 2005 will be the final year for Venture before it is replaced by the Uplander.

monically34

May 6, 2008

Price Paid:  $14000.00 from randy wise chevrolet

2008 warner brothers edition

Strengths:
lots of room, tv/dvd for kids, built in car seat, low maitenance

Weaknesses:
the only thing i can think of is it blows blinker lightbulbs more often

Summary:
this van has been extremely reliable and useful. i bought it because i needed extra seating when i opened my daycare. it has a great built in car seat, seats fold down for a ton of extra cargo room. i have only had to replace brakes and tires and it has 98800 miles on it. i thought that i would never buy a mini van, but i have to admit i like it.

2001 pontiac aztec, 1996 corsica

Jake

June 10, 2010

Price Paid:  $21000.00 from Rodgers Chevrolet

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS

Strengths:
Great flexibility, lots and lots of cargo space, great style inside, and out. like the aggressive stance on the outside. comfortable, its a pick up and go car, family friendly, sport utilitly, overall just a great car

Weaknesses:
Blows the blinker bulbs to fast, radio fuse pops but then works still, rear windshield wiper broken but lasted a long time had it for over 3 years

Summary:
just a great great car.

Chevrolet Blazer, Venture LS

Gordon

February 11, 2007

Price Paid:  $20800.00 from Conyers GA

2005 LT

Strengths:
The price - got almost $12000 off the ridiculous sticker price of over 32,000. Also good: DVD player, fold-down third seat, XM radio

Weaknesses:
tires lasted only 25K miles, lots of cheap plastic, I'm scared about the future since the reviews suggest imminent problems - I heard the head gasket problem is fixed by 2004 (I hope)

Summary:
So far OK. Have had the van for a year and a half and driven the heck out of it - about 40K miles. Both front bearings went out and the tie rod ends, too. Both covered under warranty. Good gas mileage and comfortable ride overall.

first minivan - I wanted Honda but would have to pay about $10,000 more for all the features I got on the chevy

Stacie Allen

July 2, 2006

Price Paid:  $15000.00 from Betear Chevy

2005 Venture

Strengths:
good gas mileage

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
I have had no problems with mine, I love this van, I have a automatic door on the right, and I love that as well.

The van I had before this was a windstar.

HJJ

June 22, 2006

Price Paid:  $17000.00 from Jim Glover

2004 Venture LT

Strengths:
handles well for a van
Stereo sounds great
gas mileage
comfortable and roomy for large family

Weaknesses:
If pulled too far out, our cupholder will fall off.
Glove compartment latch broke

Summary:
Maybe I'm "jinxing" myself, but we have loved our Venture. We've driven it hard, (it now has 85k miles on it), we live on dirt roads and have no rattle problems, and we've put $ out for only basic maint. like front brakes, tires, oil changes, etc. I searched for several months before deciding what minivan to buy. We wanted a Honda or Toyota, but we couldn't afford the price, and I think we made a great choice. I've never been a Chevy fan and can't promise that I'll buy another one - hopefully I won't have to worry about it for awhile!

Ford Windstar, old Toyota Landcruiser, old Chevy Conversion van