2009 Dodge Grand Caravan

More products from Dodge >>
Grand Caravan MSRP: $ 21740.00 - $ 26805.00

The Grand Caravan is a 4-door, 7-passenger mini van, available in two trims, the SE and the SXT. The SE is equipped with a standard 3.3-liter, V6, 175-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 24-mpg on the highway. A 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard. The SXT is equipped with a standard 3.8-liter, V6, 197-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 23-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.

Roger Chaar

November 30, 1999

1 to 2 years

Review 1 of 554 , from St-Jean, QC, Canada

Strengths:
Styling is second to none. Price is on-target.

Weaknesses:
Too noisy and quality is questionable.

Summary:
(pre 1997 Model) - I'll be the first to admit it, but it was the styling that got me to buy the van. Compared to what was out there at the time, it was quite beautiful (and still is). And the price was very reasonable. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. Cabin noise is very bad and the car itself is not particularily well built. Also, after only one winter here in Quebec, the car immediately began to show signs of rust. Other things that bugged me were its pea-sized gas tank and the day-time headlights which burned out faster than cheap XMas lights. Otherwise, it is a car that holds its own and gets you and your cargo from point A to point B.

Heather

October 30, 2010

Price Paid:  $25500.00 from Ontario Dealership i

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
Our 2008 Dodge Caravan is a lemon, electrical, front and rear brakes, rolled backwards, damage due to rolling backwards,2 rust spots,rad cap,air conditioning hose,plastic panel x2,door lock back behind driver,engine light on twice and reset twice,wheel bearings.
Chryslers response if its been fixed or it cannot be duplicated then we have fulfilled our warrenty agreement.

Summary:
Dont buy this vehicle. Its a ........

steve

November 11, 2007

Price Paid:  $13995.00 from dutchess

2007 caravan sxt

Strengths:
PROVEN,SIMPLE,FUN TO DRIVE,PRICE,DURABILITY

Weaknesses:
A LITTLE WINDNOISE

Summary:
THE BEST MINIVANS EVERMADE.FUN TO DRIVE,3RD DODGE MINIVAN IN FAMILY,BUILT TO LAST THATS WHY YOU SEE SO MANY ON THE ROAD,IF PROPERLY MAINTAINED THEY WILL LAST 250K OR MORE.
I HAVE TRIED OTHER MINIVANS AND THEY ARE TO BORING

TOYOTA SIENNA,HONDA ODYSSEY

Keith Stasienko

April 9, 2007

Price Paid:  $22000.00 from Dave Dennis Chrysler

2006 Dodge Caravan

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
car shuts off while driving. very unsafe.

Summary:
I bought this car brand new in Feb. of '06 and it has been nothing but a pain in the rear. There is a huge problem with it that the dealership cannot seem to fix. The car will shut off sometimes while driving it. The brakes and steering wheel lock up. It has happened about 10-15 times and we've had it in the shop 4 times. It has happened on a highway with two small children in the van and luckily there was nobody behind us. This van is totally unsafe to drive. The dealership has not been any help at all and I refuse to do any type of business with them ever again.

Jan Besancenez

December 9, 2008

2006 Dodge Caravan SXT

Strengths:
Power sliding doors with windows that roll down, swivel seats, lots of room, stow and go compartments, halo lighting, easy to clean seats and carpets, zone heat and air. Good looks.

Weaknesses:
Console, shift on the dash, attaching the front license plate by drilling holes in the bumper.

Summary:
I really like my van. It rides well, gets over 20 MPG, and easily accomodates my family. I did not get the entertainment package, but we enjoy the room and the convenience for the seven of us. It has the bigger engine and 5 speed transmission. Its not a luxury vehicle in the inside, but still nice and a good value for the money. If I had to do it all over again, I would get the power tailgate and a better console. Of course, my gear shift knob fell off in my hand today, so I hope it was a fluke and not an indicator of what is to come! We bought the warranty for as long as we own the vehicle. It has 7000 miles on it.