2009 Kia Rondo

More products from Kia >>
Rondo MSRP: $ 16395.00 - $ 20195.00

The Kia Rondo is a 4-door, up to 7-passenger wagon, available in 5 trims, ranging from the Base to the EX.

The Base is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 175-horsepower engine that achieves 20-mpg in the city and 27-mpg on the highway. The EX V6 is equipped with a standard 2.7-liter, V6, 198-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 26-mpg on the highway.

Sorted by Model Year |  Sort by Latest Review >> |  Sort by Best Rating >> |  Sort by Worst Rating >> |
krumpen

May 10, 2010

Price Paid:  $17500.00 from antioch illinois

2009 ex

Strengths:
handles good rides good looks good

Weaknesses:
The tires aren't quiet tumps a lot over tar bumps

Summary:
I really like the car

none

Donald Crawford

January 19, 2008

Price Paid:  $24000.00 from Kia Valleyfield, Qc.

2008 Kia Rondo XE

Strengths:
Easy on gas.

Weaknesses:
Snow buildup under windshield wipers

Summary:
I liked everything.

Toyota Echo

jerry druery

September 6, 2007

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from kia of lincoln

2007 rondo ex

Strengths:
Smooth quiet ride, great handling and visibility. Lots of room inside and plenty of storage. 11" discs front and rear on 17"alloys with michelin energy tires for nice braking and handling. Stock 6-speaker stereo is fantastic, with controls on steering wheel. Max air setting will cool down in a hurry. 2nd row seat folds flat in a hurry without removing headrests. Have been getting 21mpg in town and will take on road trip this weekend.

Weaknesses:
Took a few days to get used to the gated shifter. Could use door guards to protect against dings.

Summary:
Most vehicle for the money, with great warranty!

upinarms22

November 21, 2009

Price Paid:  $11000.00 from Matthews Auto

2007 Rondo LX V6

Strengths:
Interior Space; Visibility; Gas Mileage; Ease of Access/Egress; Very responsive steering and easy to park; Well laid out controls....and very very solid feeling.

Weaknesses:
Rear Window does not open; upholstery could be more stain resistant.

Summary:
I have had Toyota's for the last 15 years. But with this switch to Kia, I AM SOLD. This car is quieter and just as well built, if not better, than my previous Toyotas. It is quiet, gives a beautifully smooth ride, has responsive steering, decent power and most of the amenities we Americans demand today.....not all, but most.

Hyundai Elentra Touring; Nissan Cube; Kia Soul.

garcigar

June 1, 2009

Price Paid:  $20950.00 from Pete's Car Smart KIA

2007 KIA Rondo

Strengths:
Easy to drive, great visibility, unique and stylish design, feels very solid.

Weaknesses:
Upholstery stains a bit easily.

Summary:
I bought my Kia Rondo in January 2007, trading in my gas guzzling Suburban. I still needed a vehicle that I could take four people in and carry things. I got the LX, 2.4L 4 cylynder.

It has plentry of power and I get 28 MPG on the highway and 24 in town or about 26 combined. This vehicle handles exceedingly well, it is quiet and very stable. The features on my Rondo are more like you would expect to pay 30K or more for.

The visibility is superb and I plan to drive it another 3-4 years and trade for another. I could not be happier.

I highly recommend this to small families in the 5 passenger version (like mine) or larger families in the 7 passenger model.
There is no need for buying the 6 cyl. version in my view. This car is not sluggish or underpowered at all.

I have had no warranty repairs and no other repairs at all. The Volcanic Red I chose is smart looking and the paint seems durable. My wife is planning on trading her Pontica G6 next year for a KIA car as well.

When American manufacturers can make a car like this for this price, I will consider one again, but for now and maybe forever I'm staying with a KIA.

I really love this car!!!! There is plently of headroom too and adequate leg room, unless you are a very, very, tall person.

The only weakness is that the upholstery stains somewhat easily, but it also cleans easily.

Mazda 5 and Honda CRV.