2010 Kia Sedona

More products from Kia >>
Sedona MSRP: $ 20695.00 - $ 26195.00

The Kia Sedona is a 4-door, 7-passenger mini van, available in 3 trims, ranging from the Base SWB to the EX LWB.

Chosen as a “Top Safety Pick” by IIHS in 2007, 2008 and 2009. All trims are equipped with a standard 3.8-liter, V6, 244-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 23-mpg on the highway.

rmeyers47

November 7, 2010

Price Paid:  $29675.00 from Capital Kia-Madison,

2010 EX

Strengths:
The comfort, ease of driving, & pickup is great. Leather seats-heated-great, automatic doors sliding & hatch back auto open-close. Back-up camera on mirror-lots of storage in front- back storage, seat fold down w/ease. Back heat temp.controls for passengers. Windows in second row- that can come down. The car seat for my 3 yr old granddaughter fits great and she can see out of the vehicle. Love the mirror so I can check on her without turning around.

Weaknesses:
So far found only one thing- Flasher button located above the Heat direction control button- I have bumped it numerous times when turning the dial-I would suggest moving it to a different place on the panel.

Summary:
I have had this vehicle since 10-15-10. Love the vehicle- I am 63 and getting in and out is a breeze- sitting higher I can see everything. I have a shoulder issue so the back hatch is wonderful when I go shopping to have it open automatically. Also having the side doors open automatically is wonderful too.

This is only my 3rd new car I have purchased in my lifetime. The first was in 1968- Chevy Nova and the last new car was a 1973 Chevrolet Impala- purchased for $4000.00 when gas was 50 cents a gallon. So far the Kia Sedona has met all my expectations. I did a lot of reading and reviewing on-line before purchasing - and am very satisfied. Also- my saleman at Capital Kia- James Costello was wonderful. He provided me all the information I needed without being pushy-which I loved. Great guy!!!

Rivets

August 13, 2009

Price Paid:  $21780.00 from Vancouver B.C.

2009 Kia Sedona

Strengths:
Good performance at a low price. Other owners are satisfied with their Kia products, and family members have returned to Kia for second vehicle purchases.

Weaknesses:
Aft quarter windows only open 3 inches. Tailgate not power operated.

Summary:
Good value for money spent. Bought this Sedona new in Richmond. Roomy, and well appointed. Excellent turning radius for ease of parking. Much better quality than domestic products. Less expensive than Honda or Toyota, but same features. Good air conditioning.

Dodge van. Chevrolet van. GMC van.

Ryan Isaac

April 30, 2009

Price Paid:  $17000.00 from Leith Kia

2008 Kia Sedona LX

Strengths:
Acceleration!!!!! DVD system is a must with kids. Nothing like a long road trip and not one child asking, "how much longer?" Also the 3 zone climate control.

Weaknesses:
Fuel economy, cheap interior knobs and dash.

Summary:
So far so good! I have read and heard mixed reviews on this vehicle and brand. We got a great deal and could not pass up on this one! We did pay the extra $1600.00 for the additional warranty which goes from 5 years or 60k miles up to the full 10 year 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty! Figured if the negative things we have heard were true, at least we would have a great warranty to back us up! I will keep updating as I have the vehicle longer.

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan

soundofmuzegit

October 15, 2010

2008 Kia Sedona

Strengths:
Acceleration, roominess, convenience

Weaknesses:
A/C compressor makes noise occasionally, mediocre gas mileage

Summary:
My wife's brother-in-law has an '06, and she fell in love with it, so we bought our '08. Being soccer-parents we have taken it on a few cross-state trips already and we love the functional aspect of it.
I have read quite a few negative reviews here and the majority of them are about the 1st generation Sedona. I talked with the bro-in-law about the reliability of his '06 Sedona (also 2nd Gen), and he said the only issue he has had is replacing the headlight bulbs 2x/year.
Overall, we're quite pleased with it and would recommend one primarily for its value.

Jeep Cherokee (trouble defined)

sdmodeller

March 11, 2008

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from Aloha Kia Honolulu

2008 Kia Sedona LX

Strengths:
Roomy, lots of leg room in front and back, air conditioner vents and controls in back as well as front, stow away back seats. 60,000 mile warranty , solid doors, well built. Supposedly priced lower than other vans like Honda and Toyota.

Weaknesses:
Dealer mark up.

Summary:
Just bought a brand new Kia Sedona LX. We love the roomy van. We had a Mazda 5 and found it too small for three growing children. We also love the fact that the back has its own air conditioner controls. We felt we got a pretty good price but had to haggle a lot at the dealer. They wanted $29,000. we got it for $26,000. out the door.

Mazda Van, Mazada 5, Dodge Caravan