2009 Pontiac Trans Sport

More products from Pontiac >>
Trans Sport MSRP: $ 17600.00

This Pontiac minivan is available with a 180 hp 6 cylinder mated with a 4 speed automatic transmission. ABS comes standard.

JeeperJeff

April 10, 2003

Review 1 of 43 , from Honeoye Falls, NY USA

Price Paid:  $11000.00 from Dealership

1999 Trans Sport

Strengths:
Handling, styling, cavernous interior.

Weaknesses:
Brakes, windshield wipers, stereo, I wish it had the driver's side slider.

Summary:
With great trepidation, I traded my beloved 1990 Cherokee for a silver 1999 Trans Sport. Having driven the vehicle for almost 20,000 miles, I can say I am pleasantly surprised by the Trans Sport. It has adequate power, handles well and is surprisingly quiet. It pulls a pop-up camper with ease, even through the Adirondacks and Green Mountains. It carries a tremendous amount of "stuff" for camping. My complaints are few. One, the design of the windshield wipers is poor and I have had numerous problems with them in cold weather. Icing is the biggest problem. The brakes seem a bit weak, as the vehicle seems to take a great distance to stop. I like the looks of this van, the silver paint changes from a grey in low light, to a bright silver in the sun. The stereo died after a month and I will be replacing it with an aftermarket unit. It also handles tremendous amounts of snow with ease. All in all, despite a few quirks, I am quite pleased with my van.

Aerostar, Caravan.

finkshay26

May 18, 2003

Review 2 of 43 , from Fort irwin, CA 92310

Price Paid:  $14000.00 from Moss Dodge

Strengths:
Great room for people with large famlies.

Weaknesses:
Cooling problems, front brakes squeal, VERY EXPENSIVE TO FIX, I will NEVER purchase a GM product again!

Summary:
Bought it with 42,000 miles, 7 months later at 58,000 miles, it overheats,front brakes squeal. Very unreliable.

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan, much better vehicle!

jmds369

February 18, 2006

Price Paid:  $29500.00 from Lansdowne GM Richmon

1998 Pontiac Transport

Strengths:
nothing

Weaknesses:
everything!

Summary:
This vehicle is piece of junk! My engine died in 2001 at 69,000 km. GM Canada would not replace my engine or repair under my extended warranty 80,000km five year. After one and half year, my left side steering gear broke down that they replaced under warranty. After this, my fuel gauge broke down that they replaced under warranty. I spent 600 bucks for my gasket. Then spent 200 bucks for my waterpump,and spent another 200 dollar for rotor and whistle sound during the winter time I took it to the mechanic and they could not locate the problem. I dont know what's going on with this vehicle and how they are expecting me to use this vehicle. Unfortunatly a two days ago my head gasket broke down and I'll be expecting another 1,200 dollar bill ...I THINK I'M DEAD! WHAT ELSE MORE TO COME???? I 'm DEAD!

Easyburner

July 14, 2003

Review 4 of 43 , from Indianapolis

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport

Strengths:
Flexibility, comfort, affordability.

Summary:
First minivan I've owned. Best automobile I've ad so far. With speed and handling, coupled with cargo or passenger capabilities, I'll never buy another car again! It snows here a lot in the winter, I'll appreciate that front wheel drive when it does. Lots of pep, cruises great on the highway. Last but not least, IT'S A GM!!!!!!

Georgellen Goss

August 31, 2002

Review 5 of 43 , from Salisbury, NC

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from Brad Farrah Dealersh

1998 TransSport

Weaknesses:
MARKED TENDENCY TO HYDROPLANE

Summary:
This has been a reliable car except for its unsafe tendency to lose traction when going through even shallow puddles of water. I have excellent tires, and the car holds a curve well in dry weather. However, in water, in slides and spins even if travelling in a straight line when hitting the water.