2010 Scion xB

More products from Scion >>
xB MSRP: $ 16000.00

The 2010 Scion xB is a 4-door, 5-passenger wagon, available in two trims, the 5-Door Wagon 5-Spd MT and the 5-Door Wagon 4-Spd AT.

Both trims are equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 158-horsepower engine that achieves 22-mpg in the city and 28-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard on the 5-Door Wagon 5-Spd MT. A 4-speed automatic transmission is standard on the 5-Door Wagon 4-Spd

Expert Review: 2008 Scion xB
Expert Rating: 3.5 stars

"Once inside, the xB was noticeably more spacious than its predecessor. It was also noticeably more powerful too."

pmarshall

October 22, 2010

Price Paid:  $17775.00 from Steven's Creek Scion

2010 XB

Strengths:
The engine seems pretty peppy and it rides very well. The seats are comfortable and there is great rear seat room. The high beams are BRIGHT!!!

Weaknesses:
The mileage so far is not as much as I expected. The interior could be better illuminated. The bridgestone tires seem to give a lot of road noise. Could be quieter.

Summary:
Only have 1000 miles so far bit very happy with it. Wife loves the elusive blue color. I would buy another one and maybe throw a TRD supercharger on it for fun.

Honda fit

Steve C

January 28, 2010

Price Paid:  $16850.00 from Oakland Scion/Toyota

2009 Scion xB

Strengths:
amazing content for the price - great stereo and seats - tons of back seat room - excellent commuter with a great hiway ride...feels much bigger than it actually is

Weaknesses:
Windshield... only 20K on my xB and the windshield will need replacement soon...this windshield is a magnet for stones

Summary:
a great car... I've got the 5 speed and occasionaly I get a little crunch going into second...but I'm training myself to avoid it...just over 30mpg (mostly freeway driving)....I'm 6'5" and this car fits me better than anything I've tested including much more expensive vehicles

schmo

December 10, 2009

Price Paid:  $16500.00 from simi valley californ

2008 scion xb

Strengths:
Lots of room
decent engine
good styling

Weaknesses:
WINDSHIELD PROBLEM
Manual transmission grinding

Summary:
First off, anyone doing a lot of highway driving should NOT by this car, because you'll go broke paying for the many cracked windshields. Other than that, and the grinding of the gears (5th gear synchro probably bad) occasionally, it's a nice car. Roomy, cheap, decent on gas, very customizable. But the windshield problem REALLY SUCKS. I've had mine a year and a half, and am going on my 3rd windshield. I cringe when I hear anything hit the windshield on the freeway.

Timothy

November 19, 2008

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from Thousand Oaks

2008 xb

Strengths:
I don't think you can get a better car for the money I paid. I can fit 5 six foot adults comfotably and not tell from the way it drives. It has the power that the previous model was lacking. I can also fit my mountain bike when I fold down the back seats.
I love the Ipod connetion and control... My commutes are now much better living in LA

Weaknesses:
I don't like the cheap plastic interior but thats all I can complain about.

Summary:
Fantastic car for the Money!!!

Johnee O.

April 30, 2008

2008 Scion Xb

Strengths:
Zippy little bugger on a corolla platform with a camry motor.Find me more standard features anywhere near it's price!

Weaknesses:
It is a 16,000 dollar car and suffers from the fact they could only fit a 25,000 dollar cars worth of stuff into it

Summary:
I read a review where the writer said the cars performance was lacking.(74mph@6,000rpm in 2nd gear is not too shabby.)The Xb is just above an entry level vehicle in price, not in features.I do agree that the Xb isn't flawless,it's not 50,000 dollars either.With the price of gas rising daily, I'm so happy I'm not in my little gas sucking 4X4 anymore!I use my car for everything the S-10 Blazer did,except I won't be towing like I did.I am so pleased with my purchase.American car manufactures should shut up,stop whining,and use this car as an example of what they should be doing.

nothing like it except maybe other Toyota products.