2010 Toyota Matrix

More products from Toyota >>
Matrix MSRP: $ 15510.00 - $ 16990.00

The 2010 Toyota Matrix is a 4-door, 5-passenger wagon, available in 7 trims, ranging from the Base 5-Spd MT to the XRS 4-Spd AT.

The Base 5-Spd MT is equipped with a standard 1.8-liter, I4, 132-horsepower engine that achieves 26-mpg in the city and 32-mpg on the highway. The XRS 4-Spd AT is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 158-horsepower engine that achieves 21-mpg in the city and 29-mpg on the highway.

magpie

September 14, 2010

Review 1 of 76 , from South Carolina

2009 Toyota Matrix Base 4-Spd AT

Strengths:
This is the BEST car I have ever owned (I've had 4 other Toyotas, 4 VW's and 2 Jeep 4x4's). Although I miss the "view" of driving a SUV - I have so much fun driving my 2009 Matrix! She's sporty, zippy, comfortable and the perfect size for me. I traded my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport for this Matrix - it has just as much interior space as the Jeep. The gas mileage is superb - I'm getting at least 30/35 mpg - and instead of filling up every week as I did with the Jeep - I'm filling up every two weeks with a total savings of over $50 per month just in gas. I give this car a "5" rating because I am just so happy with the overall performance!

Weaknesses:
The only CON I think of is the fact that I don't qualify for "typical" oil change specials. I am a AAA member and have their Car Care Center do all the maintenance. I need a "special" oil filter which needs to be "ordered" from a local distributor. This takes time and a few extra dollars to install. I would go to the Toyota dealership directly, but it's too far away for me to consider it a "quick" errand and I have found that the dealership charges a bit more. As a AAA member, I believe it's a small price to pay and the specials they offer out-weigh the cons.

Summary:
As stated above, this is a fantastic automobile for any age - kids going off to college, small families, sales representatives and anyone driving to and from work every day. It has plenty of storage, with or without the seats down. I can even envision, in a few years, a couple of puppies riding in the back seat! I am actually proud to own this vehicle because it's so affordable and it's an extremely practical investment. I feel I got my "cake" (and eat it too) with this purchase!

Jeep Cherokee Sport

s kennedy

August 7, 2010

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from Toyota in Bozeman, M

2009 Matrix

Strengths:
Spacious, good gas mileage, Sporty,

Weaknesses:
Blind spot took some gettin use to. It doesn't have the zip going up hills as I would like.

Summary:
This is the smallest auto I've ever owned, but we were looking for good gas mileage. We considered the Prius but the Matrix was more in our price range and considering we got it in the "KLUNKER" deal, we really got it for $13,000. We have taken several long trips and found it very comfortable. With bikes on the back and a cargo box on the top, the gas mileage was still pretty good. For being my very first "new" car, I am pleased.

jstnrml

April 22, 2009

Price Paid:  $24566.00 from Kendal Toyota, Ancho

2009 2.4 Ltr S AWD

Strengths:
Incredible amount of Safety standard, Great premium sound, great handling, good ergonomics, handles Alaska winters wonderfully, stands up to kids abuse (and dads driving) well.

Weaknesses:
Direct Ipod integration incompatible with JBL premium sound system, road noise with studded tires, hollow sounding doors w/ windows down when you close them. tiny blind spot in the rear, no bike rack offered for the factory roof rack.

Summary:
Incredible remodel of an already solid car. New, larger engine in the AWD makes a huge difference, no longer is a slow pig in acceleration and at passing. Handling is very nice, the AWD makes it quite fun to drive and the higher HP and Torque contribute to the fun factor as well. It serves as a great people hauler even with me at 6ft and 220lbs driving. The premium JBL sound system is a lot better than I expected and that's saying alot since I used to be a MECP certified audio car installer at a pro shop.

The added convenience of integrated bluetooth as well as all the safety options (traction control, stability control, side impact airbags, head curtain airbags, ABS, etc) on this car made it a no-brainer for this family. Kids love it, wife feels safe and I (who used to sell Toyota's hence the bias) really like the new 09' AWD S Matrix. I can not recommend it enough to anyone wanting a solid, dependable, versatile car, with only very minor quirks.

05 Ford Focus (@14k miles entire suspension started to go) , 95 Honda civic EX (never a problem with 150k miles +).

RLB

March 20, 2009

Price Paid:  $20000.00 from Miller Toyota Culver

2008 Toyota Matrix 1.8L

Strengths:
Gas mileage is a lot better than the Ford Focus I used to have. Should've been the opposite.

Weaknesses:
Rides a bit rough over bumpy ground. Can be a bit noisy. The old style clock needs to be placed higher.

Summary:
Always wanted a hatchback. Lots of room. Wider than I though originally. Handles well and I am still having fun with it. Bought the bumper mat for protection. Doesn't look bad. I had 3 other people with hiking gear and it didn't lose power uphill.

Ford Focus

Lynda

June 3, 2008

Price Paid:  $19000.00

2008 Matrix B package

Strengths:
Handling, radio, style

Weaknesses:
Very painful to drive.

Summary:
Just bought the 2009 Matrix and ergonomically it sucks. Can't drive long distances without intense pain. Made for skinny, short drivers.