Toyota Sienna (2010 and older)

More products from Toyota >>
Sienna (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 24260.00

The Toyota Sienna is a 4-door, up to 8-passenger minivan, available in 12 trims, ranging from the FWD 7-Passenger I4 to the Limited AWD 7-Passenger V6.

The FWD 7-Passenger I4 is equipped with a standard 2.7-liter, I4, 187-horsepower engine that achieves 19-mpg in the city and 26-mpg on the highway. The Limited AWD 7-Passenger V6 is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 266-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway.

Expert Reviews: 2011 Toyota Sienna
Expert Rating: 4 stars

"And that’s a good thing because the minivan takes a stand and makes a statement: “I can carry you and yours and your ’stuff’ anyplace you want to go … and do it in comfort.”

daddyplus4

October 7, 2010

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Queensboro Toyota

2010 Base Sienna 2.7 liter 4 cylinder

Strengths:
Immense cargo space, great gas mileage, strong acceleration even loaded with 3 adults and 4 children with strollers and luggage. 1000 lb towing capacity.

Weaknesses:
Getting 26-28 mpg highway, should be 30 or better. Clear coat scratches easily, though it is easily resolved with a quality polish.

Summary:
EPA estimates were 19-24 for this model, am getting 22 city, 28 hwy. Car has good acceleration, massive 2.7 liter 4 cylinder engine is smooth and quiet at all speeds, have cruised at 90 mph for over an hour on I87, engine didn't break 3K rpm.

Ride is smooth, quiet and carlike, seats are comfortable, sound system is adequate.

Biggest selling point is the great mileage I'm getting, coupled with the fact I saved thousands buying the 4 cylinder instead of the 6. I test drove both and didn't notice any difference in acceleration or drive quality, I did notice the price difference.

Honda Odyssey, Dodge Caravan

Angie

March 4, 2010

Price Paid:  $27000.00 from Bloomington Honda

2007 Toyota Sienna

Strengths:
Smooth ride.

Weaknesses:
I expected so much more from Toyota. It does not have many of the normal options on it. You have to pay for things like daytime running lights, automatic shutoff for lights and doors. If you leave the sliding doors open or leave any light on in the interior or exterior of the battery will die in an hour or less. I cant even leave more than one door open while i vacum or it will kill the battery. I have brought it to the service center at Toyota and they told me this is normal for this van. The sliding Doors have closed on my husband and it left indents on him. I was also told that is normal. I would not reccommend this van, I have been very unhappy with it. The transmission is computerized so there has been a few times that it didn't get up and go when I need it too.

Summary:
I have had many vehicals and I dis-like the 2007 Toyota Sienna the most. I was really expecting more from Toyota. They really under did this van.

Nigel

July 4, 2009

Price Paid:  $25000.00 from O'Reagan Toyota Hali

2007 Sienna CE AWD

Strengths:
Roomy, good power, All wheel drive, good dealership.

Weaknesses:
Quality,Fit and finish, MPG, appearance

Summary:
Had higher expectations from my first Toyota. I bought it because it was the only all wheel drive minivan on the market at the time and we do a lot of winter driving.
The fit and finish is poor, with 15,000 miles accumulated it squeaks and rattles excessively. Highway driving is uncomfortable due to wind noise and lousy seats. Very poor gas mileage averaging 14 mpg with mixed driving. Both key remotes have failed, the AC failed today, problems with the drivers side sliding door and we had three trips to the dealer in the first month to get it properly aligned.

Volvo X-country

awadkv

August 2, 2006

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from toyota of cincinnati

2006 toyota sienna

Strengths:
it looks good!

Weaknesses:
transmission, radio, service received

Summary:
The van has less than 1000 miles and we have had it for a little over 3 weeks. We have had the transmissoin fail twice, both times in very dangerous situations. We are fighting to get rid of this lemon and are very disappointed in Toyota. We are also having electrical problems with the radio.

we've had many toyotas, and our most recent van was a plymouth voyager.

Doug

June 29, 2006

Price Paid:  $27900.00 from Menlove Toyota, Boun

2006 Sienna LE

Strengths:
Roomy, powerful, comfortable, good mpg, versatile, safe.

Weaknesses:
I'd like the telescoping steering wheel to telescope further out. I'm 6'2" tall, and the steering wheel is too far away on ALL vehicles with airbags.

It could use a more torquey engine. It's got plenty of power, but downshifts a lot. Of course, then the gas mileage would suffer a lot, so it's a trade off.

Summary:
I just wanted to make a couple of comments on our new Sienna. We had a 2001 Honda Odyssey, and this Sienna is much nicer, and I could get it without that stupid climate control. I hate climate control. It's quieter and gets about 1 mpg better gas mileage. We're averaging 20.5 mpg according to the trip computer. I get 22 mpg at 80-85 mph in California traffic (on and off the gas constantly) and consistently get 19 mpg in town. I don't have a light foot either. Anyone complaining about poor gas mileage and squeaky brakes probably brakes with the left foot and rides the brake all the time.

As for the side airbags, they are fine to use for kids; that's what they're designed for. It's the FRONT airbags that are dangerous for short people.

My dealer has been amazing for the two little piddly things I took the van in for (slight blemishes on head restraints).

2001 Honda Odyssey