Volkswagen Eurovan (1992 - 2003)

More products from Volkswagen >>
Eurovan (1992 - 2003) MSRP: $ 24000.00

In the USA, the short wheelbase Eurovan 5 cylinder passenger models (CL, GL, GLS, and MV) were only sold for model year 1993. VW only imported the Eurovan to the USA for one year (1993) because sales in the USA were disappointing, but sales continued in Canada and Mexico. VW reintroduced the Eurovan passenger models in the USA for model year 1999 with a VR6 engine as standard, and discontinued it again with worldwide T4s after 2003.

The Eurovan Camper by Winnebago was introduced in the USA in 1995 with the 5 cylinder engine, and was upgraded to the VR6 for the 1997-2003 models.

Ken Haley

July 18, 2003

Review 1 of 16 , from Carlsbad, CA USA

Price Paid:  $30000.00 from Encinitas, Californi

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan Weekender

Strengths:
Superior engineering, good power on the highway, smooth and quiet ride with windows up, cold a/c, excellent ventilation, roomy for all passengers, great weekender appointments, classic VW styling.

Weaknesses:
Average sound system, lacks cd player. A little noisy with windows down. Engine could use an overdrive. Needs a center console between driver and passenger seats. Back-facing seats are too close to the front seats. Have to scratch my head to come up with any major weaknesses.

Summary:
My first VW in 40 years of driving, and I'm sorry I waited so long. The engineering is precise and tight. The 2003 is the end of the line, and is an instant classic. It fulfills various needs, including solid travel vehicle, comfortable passenger van, good investment value, and versatile camper that sleeps at least four. The front seats are comfortable on long trips, though not quite as relaxing as captain's chairs. The back bench is more comfortable than minivan benches, and the back-facing seats are plush. We're planning a month-long trip to Alaska to shake the "love-buggy" down. I wouldn't go up there in any other vehicle.

Dodge Caravan, Plymouth Voyager. Eurovan is superior on many levels.

lrdcb

May 24, 2006

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from sutherlands ,rochest

2002 eurovan mv

Strengths:
Plenty of power,tons of room and very versitile.The Swiss army knife of vans.Electric cooler,curtains on windows cup holders,power outlets,and pop top sleeper is fantastic.Great for cruising the highway and better than my Caravan which my family loved.

Weaknesses:
No console in between front seats and rear facing middle seats are a little to close to the back of the front seats, no rear outlet for air conditioner in my model(pop top).Expensive to service for routine mainteinence.

Summary:
Purchased van primarily to transport my disabled child in his wheel chair. As the van is tall and the middle,rear facing seats remove very easily,this van was perfect. No need for major alterations in vehicle,just have some tie downs installed in floor and buy a couple of aluminum ramps and your on your way. perfect for this application.Van has turned out to be more than we expected. Great view while driving,traction control works great in bad weather. Pop top easy to operate and use. Nice to have a vehicle that's different. The styling seems to be holding up well as some other vans are beginning to look dated. All in all a good reliable purchase for our family. Several long trips(canada,atlanta,alabama,washington d.c.) and no issues whatsoever.

97 Dodge Grand Caravan

Tracy Bellamy

January 19, 2004

Price Paid:  $35000.00 from Mel Henderson VW Hag

2002 VW Eurovan

Strengths:
Lots of power, usual VW craftsmanship. Many think this is a weird van but in fact there are no others in Europe where they have harsh weather testing for this van is perfect for our weather conditions. Heat and A/C are also very good nice dash lighting blue and red makes night driving very easy on the eyes. Floors easy to clean level with the door seats are high enough to get under the interior doesn't seem to make you feel claustraphobic. My wife likes both front and rear seating the abck seats are a bit higher making the passengers much more comfortable and providing great visibility. This does in no way restrict the driver from rear view clutter.

Weaknesses:
Some small pieces falling off. My centre caps on the mag wheels just decided to exit late Fall of 2003 and the drivers slider window black strip has taken to flight on its own twice now. Nothing major. Needs a centre console would be nice if VW came out with a retro and provided it at cost to all of us North American coffee drinkers and paper collectors.

Summary:
We have had VW's for years and almost left for another product but couldn't seem to find the quality and the look we wanted. The 02 came out with Summer tires and nice mag wheels and for 225$ we got a set of 4 wheels and tires for the snow. I kept my CD player from my 99 Passat and simply had to route the cable that I purchased at the dealer to the passenger seat location and boom we have CD. Ours is a 7 pasenger lots of room adn rides like a dream high visibilty. We had a 92 Eurovan very nice but the 02 has a much better interior great wheel small and sporty. It fits in out garage and when I'm out it feels like its own little house on wheels. With 3 kids and lots of activities its A1.

1981 Rabbit, 1987 Jetta, 1988 Plymouth Voyageur minivan, 1992 Eurovan 8 pass 2 sliding doors, 1999 Passat, 66 Bug

Basil Owen

November 15, 2003

Price Paid:  $29000.00 from Westside VW

Strengths:
Excellent view of the road; powerful engine; tons of room; versatility that is unmatched by any other vehicle out there! Excellent heater (important in Minnesota); Did I mention how versatile it is? Try sleeping for a week in a BMW!

Weaknesses:
The sound system is a little weak. I'll have to take care of that. There is not as much storage room as in the Vanagon. I will have to get a creative in storing my camping gear. It needs a center console.

Summary:
I finally broke down and bought a replacement for my 85 Vanagon Weekended. I wish I would have done it sooner. This van is fantastic!

Vanagon Weekender. I won't do any other kind of van.

Scott Bartholomew

March 3, 2003

Review 5 of 16 , from Houston, TX

Price Paid:  $30000.00 from DeMontrond

2002 Volkswagen Eurovan

Strengths:
Plenty of room. Saves money on hotel rooms. Kids can play in it. good quality. Very reliable.

Weaknesses:
Uses premium. Gas mileage not the greatest(17-21mpg). I'd love a TDI version.

Summary:
We bought the pop-top Eurovan a little over a year ago. Performance has been flawless. No defects. Combination van and play fort for the children. Sleeps all 5 of us in comfort. Decent power. Very solid. Should be very durable. Only one in town. Wife loves it.

Dodge Caravan.