Dodge Challenger (2010 and older)

More products from Dodge >>
Challenger (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 22220.00

The Challenger is a 2-door, 5-passenger sports coupe, available in 3 trims, ranging from the SE to the SRT8.

The SE is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 250-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard. The SRT8 is equipped with a standard 6.1-liter, V8, 425-horsepower engine. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is optional.

The 425 horsepower (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. of torque in the 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8® are the result of SRT’s exclusive and proven 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 engine, which represents the highest naturally aspirated specific-output V-8 engine ever offered by Chrysler. Its 69.8 horsepower-per-liter rating exceeds even that of the legendary 1966 “Street HEMI.”

The 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is available with either a standard five-speed automatic with Auto Stick or an available Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission that was first offered on the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10®.

Expert Review: 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8

"The ‘09 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is the truest in form to the 70s muscle cars compared to the recently-updated Ford Mustang and the Transformers star-struck Chevy Camaro. And just like McConaughey in the movie, I was all smiles ear-to-ear every time I stepped out of the Challenger SRT8."

Bonnie

February 18, 2011

3 Months to a 1 year

Review 1 of 1 , from New Jersey

2010 Challenger SE

Strengths:
I love this car! I have never owned a "Hot Rod" before and when I saw my ar I just had to have it. My SE is basic but it sure looks great with the electric blue body and white/red rally package and the sunroof. It is one of those cars that you just want to climb in and drive for days. It is pretty good on gas so that makes it even better.

Weaknesses:
The only thing I can think of to be a con is the fact that the windows are automatic going done, but not up.

Summary:
I would highly recommend buying this car. I haven't had any second thoughts or Uh-Oh moments yet! This is a car for someone without younger children, or travels with more than 1 person, as the back seat is very small and not built for us older people to climb in and out of. My son is 6'2" and has some trouble getting in and out of the back seat, but he does it.