Review 1 of 1|
from Dubai, UAE (Al-Tayer
Year / Model Reviewed:
2007 Ford Mustang Shelby 500
1) Immense engine power (500 hp!)
2) Turbo charged 5.4L V8 engine
3) Effective strong suspension
4) One of the quickest muscle cars in production
1) Fuel consumption is ridiculous (but hey, that's what being an American muscle car is all about.)
2) Higher chance of fishtailing in hard corners
3) Gloriously high price depreciation (because it is American and it is a sports car)
I had a Mustang Shelby 500 for about six months, until the time I realized that I cannot afford $1,200 to $1,500 a month in fuel costs. This, however, is not to say that Shelby 500 is not a good car. It is! This THING is more of a artificial beast than a car. The sound growling sound from the engine when you hit on the gas pedal is very intimidating. It's like several real lions are packed into the engine block and you're making them all growl at the same time. I don't think I can put into words the feeling I got the first time I accelerated with this car. 500 horsepower is no joke. With a slight 1 second lag (for gear shift of course), the car virtually makes a big leap before moving like a tamed and friendly beast.
The tight narrow view you have through the windshield is a bit unconfortable since you can't really see much below the front edge of the hood.
Handling is good, but of course, as with other muscle cars you cannot expect sharp turns at high speeds (that's a tuner/exotic car's specialty). The suspension is very well designed and quite effective. I have run this car to speeds in excess of 230 Km/h (which isn't much) with dependable stability.
Similar Products Used:
Dodge Charger SRT8, Chrysler 300C SRT8