Mazda RX-8

More products from Mazda >>
RX-8 MSRP: $ 26435.00 - $ 31370.00

The RX-8 is a 4-door, 4-passenger sports car, available in 4 trims, ranging from the Sport to the R3.

All trims are equipped with a standard 1.3-liter, R2 , 232-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard.

Expert Review: 2008 Mazda RX-8 | 2009 Mazda RX-8 40th Anniversary Edition
Expert Rating: 4.0 stars

"With a 50/50 front/rear weight balance, a set of sticky and highly predictable Bridgestone Potenzas, the RX-8 was downright fun blazing through the turns around Mazda Raceway."

NitrousRenesis

May 15, 2010

Price Paid:  $30408.00 from Tracy Mazda

2009 R3

Strengths:
Handling, Style, and Exclusivity.

Weaknesses:
Torque and Gas Milage.

Summary:
I have owned two cars in my life. A 2006 Mazda RX-8 Touring and a 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3. Needless to say I love the car. Its no Mustang so not everyone and their mother has one and its unique in most all of its styling. From the Renesis Rotary engine to the whole look and feel of the car its like nothing else on the road. I cant wait for the release of the next Rotary Engine/Mazda RX-8 or even the possible return of the RX-7.

Nissan 370Z

megabita

March 21, 2009

Price Paid:  $32000.00 from Eddie Accardi

2008 Mazda RX8 40th Anniversary Edition

Strengths:
Handling is perfect. Acceleration is great, quality is perfect. Fun to drive. Great function.

Weaknesses:
Could use at least a little more torque.

Summary:
This car has been absolutely perfect, now over 15k miles on it. I drive very fast and hard and I am not disappointed with any part of my ownership. Oil consumption is about 1/2 quart every 3500 miles. I get 19mpg city driving, 23 highway. I have a 10 and 13 year old who are comfortable in the passenger front and back seats. The trunk is plenty big even for a 3 day weekend holding the baggage for all 3 of us. I simply can not express how incredible this car performs and how rock solid it is. I have never owned a car with better build quality.

30 years of owning 24 cars... I have not purchased one that was better than this one.

Dewynne

July 26, 2006

Price Paid:  $34700.00 from Reynold's Mazda

2006 Shinka RX8

Strengths:
Rotory engine
Road handling
Backseats

Weaknesses:
Gas mileage isn't great, but neither is
paying over $3.00 for a gallon of gas.

Summary:
6 speed manual trans along with a rotory
engine spells fun to drive!!! It doesn't
look better than my 1993 RX7, but it han-
dles better than any car I ever drove. It's a sports car for me that's has a
backseats for my two kids.

1989 RX7
1993 RX7

Mark

June 17, 2006

Price Paid:  $33400.00 from Oak Harbor Washingto

2006 Mazda RX-8 Shinka

Strengths:
Shinka model has Sand Leather/Alcantara seats that are extreamly attractive comfortable and plush, no sliding like on most smooth leather seats. Great ride for a sports car even in the back seat. Interior ambient noise is minimal considering how low to the ground the body sits. Exterior is sleek sexy and some what aggressive, even standing still. The Rotary engine winds smooth and powers through all power bands and gears, it dosen't give up. Shinka's tuned suspension takes corners and off ramps like a dream. One feels like a teenager all over again. Only a limited number of Shinka models made. I'm happy I was able to pick out my gem.

Weaknesses:
Lets be honest Gas miliage could be much better (this is a small problem) I would like to see a hands free cell phone function for incoming and outgoing phone calls. Bluthooth connectivity.

Summary:
Best handling car I have ever owned, and I have owned quit a few. Perfect as a daily driver and as a weekend back road racer never fails to put a smile on my face. It's a joy to run fast at my leisure or just creep around town in 2nd gear watching other drivers and pedestreions heads turn and see thier facial expressions.

John Roesch

May 14, 2007

Price Paid:  $24000.00 from Steven Wade Mazda

2005 Mazda RX 8

Strengths:
Great looks, handeling, balance, safety, control sound and revs, and a back seat!

Weaknesses:
More power and better fuel economy would be nice!

Summary:
I love my RX 8. I have driven it for 17,000 + miles this last year and have had no problems to speak of - especially mechanical. I do the basic preventative items like check the oild level every 3 tank fulls and always use quality premium fuel.

The car is ment to be driven, not lugged around town or stuck in a traffic jam. I have the basic up-grades done on the car like intake, exhaust, pullies and wires with a slight spring drop that really makes the driving experience that much more enjoyable.

My 40 mile commute takes me through the high desets of Utah and Arizona and I give my car plenty of chances to sing her song! The car flies and handles with absolute precision. - I love it!

I did not purchase the car for it's fantastic gas mi., rather for the mear pleasure of driving - and the car consistanly delivers. (16 to 19 miles per gallon is my average)

I feel that the power to weight ratio is spot on and I can always drop a couple of gears if the situation requires it. (you gotta love having 9,200 rpm's on tap! - zoom zoom!)

I also love that fact that my insurance is $50.00 less every 6 months then my Civic SI. They recognize the RX 8 as a sedan with all the air bags and safety features and no turbo like my Subie friends have.

In all I love the car. Inside room is laid out well I am 6'4" at 220 pounds. And yes I actually fit! (barely - I would not want to be 6'5")

The car is a joy, a blast, fun, etc. etc. etc.!

91 civic crx si, 2004 Civic Si, 300 Z,.