2009 Shelby Series 1

More products from Shelby >>
Series 1 MSRP: $ 100000.00

The Shelby Series 1 is powered by a modified Olds Aurora 4.0-liter, 325-plus-hp DOHC V-8 with a 6-speed manual transmission. ABS comes standard.

dustin rudasill

January 9, 2003

Review 1 of 6 , from Tyrone,PA,usa

Price Paid:  $500000.00 from LA

2001 / shelby series 1

Strengths:
In my town we race on the one pike im the un defeated champ

Weaknesses:
no weaknesses

Summary:
the shelby is a great car i dont drive it much but what I do wow what a ride

i also have a zonda c12 s, a shelby, ferrari f-50 GTR

Michael

November 7, 2000

Review 2 of 6 , from Windermere, Florida

Price Paid:  $112000.00

1999 Shelby Series 1

Strengths:
Turns Heads, Extremely Fast, Sounds Tough, True Roadster

Weaknesses:
Convertible Top Leaks

Summary:
With all taxes included; gas guzzler, luxury, and state sales tax, plus shipping it cost approximately $112,000. Should you order one now look to spend close to $200,000 with taxes and everthing else included. I highly recommend this vehicle to everyone who can afford it. I believe that half of the proposed 500 to be built have been sold and once the 500 are all gone the price will continue to escalate because of the importance of Carol Shelby to the automobile industry and this is suppose to be his last endevor. This car attracts more attention than any car on the road so if you need an ego boost, give it a try.

2000 Viper, Porsche 911 4S
Viper is a little faster both top-end and 0-60 and the Porsche is easier to drive, especially on long trips

X I

April 9, 2000

1 to 3 years

Review 3 of 6 , from New York City, Ny, USA

Strengths:
-Excellent Accelerartion.
-Nice Handling.
-Nice Braking.
-Nice Style.
-Nice Interrior.
-Nice Exterrior.
-CLASSY & SLEEK.

Weaknesses:
-NONE.
-NONE.
-NONE.

Summary:
I paid $98,999 for this baby, and I think that it is definately worth at least $150,000. For anyone that can afford thisdream, get it. It's made me a little more racier in life. I can now put on someoakley's and feel cool, and know it 'cause of my car. Get it, it's worth it.

99 Corvette. Burns the Vette (99) and the 98 Firebird.

The Joker

November 12, 2001

Review 4 of 6 , from Glendale, AZ

Price Paid:  $29000.00 from Los Angeles

1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

Strengths:
Beats the original Cobra and just about any production car that lines up next to it. If I make it race ready well then is there a car out there that can beat it?

Weaknesses:
Can''t hear the radio over the exhaust.

Summary:
I will keep it brief. My car only weighs 1,950 lbs. 4 inch tube frame with fiberglass body. Without the nitrous 4.0 seconds 0-60 mph and under 13 seconds in the quarter mile. Imagine if I put a supercharger or turbo in it? I''m still under the cost of these over inflated sports cars who think they are fast. Shelby should have stuck to the basics and never walked away from the original Cobra. I would love to own the new Cobra but I don''t have $100k. So I will just keep beating all the production cars with my $29,000 car.

Another Shelby Cobra, possibly the Ferrari F-50

Eric

January 2, 2001

Review 5 of 6 , from Warwick, NY United States

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
One of my fellow car enthusists and co-workers owns the New Shelby Series 1 I admit it is a nice car but it does not stand up to My Corvette. My corvette beats the shelby every where. Plus it was cheaper. $70,000 in 1988. ONLY 25000 miles on mine runs like new 0-60 still a quick 4.0; Top speed that i have it 177 in less than 3/4 of a mile not much straight road in my neck of the woods. IF I not enjoy my Corvette so much I would by the New Series 1 Shelby.

1988 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette