2010 Acura RDX

More products from Acura >>
RDX MSRP: $ 33195.00 - $ 36695.00

The RDX is a 5-passenger Entry Premium SUV that features Acura’s first-ever turbocharged engine. Equipped with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD), the RDX offers the performance and handling a sport sedan with the utility of an SUV.

Expert Reviews: 2010 Acura RDX FWD | 2008 Acura RDX SH-AWD
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars

"In short, while the RDX is a sensible vehicle with decent gas mileage and lots of cargo space, it’s also a hoot to drive, and will sorely tempt you to hit the paddle shifters, floor it, and become That Guy."

Dave

August 13, 2009

2009 Base 4-door AWD 5-speed AT

Strengths:
Sports car feel in a small SUV. SH-AWD is the best thing since sliced bread!

Weaknesses:
I really have no cons for this car (SUV) other than stiff ride, but, it's a very small sacrifice!

Summary:
I love my RDX! I thought I would miss the car like feel by going to a SUV but not true with the RDX. It literally feels like a sports car behind the wheel. Very agile for a 4000 lbs vehicle! SH-AWD is AWESOME on both dry pavement and snow/ice. I just loved driving it in the snow this past winter. I purposely took the back roads unpaved by the plows just for the fun of it. Couldn't get this thing stuck in the snow if I tried. Great AWD!!!

The build quality and amenities are great. I only got the base model as I couldn't justify the extra $3K for GPS basically. The base premium stereo is awesome "as is" and is one of the best stereos I've ever heard in a car. Don't need the DVD-A as with the tech package.

I love the look of the RDX. Looks refreshing and sporty from any angle. Paint quality is perfection. The 18 inch base rims and tires are just right. Big but not too big. Gives the RDX a strong athletic appearance.

The 2.3 liter 4-cylinder turbo is a marval. Great engine to power the SH-AWD. Granted it's only a five speed tranny the gears are well picked and work well with this SUV. Performance is quite good all considering 4000 lbs. Matter of fact this SUV feels so agile and nimble it's easy to forget you're throwing around 4000 lbs! The turbo really gives a good punch as needed. Gas mileage is mediocore but hey, can't have your cake and eat it to!?

I bought my RDX back in June 2008. Other than the passenger power window switch dieing, realibitly has been perfect. Dealer replaced switch. Simple fix. I've owned/driven Acura vehicles since 1993 and love them. I must say I think the RDX is my favorite Acura to date. I could have gone with the MDX but it seemed just too big for my needs. The RDX fits the bill perfectly for a small SUV without giving up sports car like driveability! Oh, seats and driver position feel perfect and very comfortable and I'm 6' 2".