2010 Buick Enclave

More products from Buick >>
Enclave MSRP: $ 32055.00 - $ 36255.00

The Enclave is a 4-door, up to 8-passenger sport-utility, available in 4 trims, ranging from the CX FWD to the CXL AWD.

The CX FWD is equipped with a standard 3.6-liter, V6, 288-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 24-mpg on the highway. The CXL AWD is equipped with a standard 3.6-liter, V6, 288-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.

Expert Review: 2008 Buick Enclave - First Impressions
Expert Rating: 3.75 stars

In summary, the Enclave delivered on its styling and interior room. But its power and fuel economy came up short against my expectations."

Sorted by Model Year |  Sort by Latest Review >> |  Sort by Best Rating >> |  Sort by Worst Rating >> |
Wendy

July 30, 2011

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Starling

2011 Buick Enclave

Strengths:
Comfort, Interior features, Exterior appeal, OnStar, and so much more!

Weaknesses:
Fuel economy could be a bit better but it's expected with a larger vehicle.

Summary:
What an amazing ride! I could go on and on about my month we've had with our "Brown Beast!" We've taken it to Georgia and had it packed with kids and a dog. I've never had a more comfortable ride! Whenever anyone asks me what I like the most about my Enclave, I simply tell them "Everything!"

espressoman

January 21, 2008

Price Paid:  $46000.00 from Dusty Ballard

2008 Buick Enclave CXL

Strengths:
Styling, comfort, cargo space, solid build, extras.

Weaknesses:
Underpowered engine.

Summary:
I have owned several vehicles over the years that were regular sedans. However, I needed an SUV so I tried the GMC Envoy and GMC Yukon. Both were okay, but I wanted the luxury I was use to. I test drove a Lincoln Navigator and Lexus RX. Then I drove the Buick Enclave and I was sold. I never considered a Buick. I suppose because it they were, as the old saying goes, your fathers car. However, Buick has distanced itself from that saying with the Enclave.

This crossover has too many features and pros to list, but here are a few that I really like. The ride is smooth and quiet. It is actually quieter than the Lexus RX. Both the third row and second row seats fold flat giving more cargo space. Not many SUVs do that. The adaptive headlights that turn in the direction you turn the steering wheel is a great feature. The interior and exterior design is a real eye catcher. The dash and instruments are well thought out. The build quality is solid. The gas mileage is better than many SUVs. The six speed transmission is smooth and quiet.

I have only found two negatives. Whether you have manual or power tilt steering wheel, most of them will rotate when you lower the steering wheel. This makes the top of the steering wheel come toward you. This is not true with the Enclaves power tilt steering wheel. The entire steering column just goes up or down, but the steering wheel itself stays in the same position and does not rotate. This limits the comfort level between you, the seats and the steering wheel. The other problem is the underpowered engine. When you use the cruise control the transmission will down shift to maintain speed even on the slightest incline. My 6 cylinder GMC Envoy did the same thing. Otherwise, there seems to be plenty of power for most people and situations. These negative are minor to me considering all the other great features.

The cars that I have owned were simply transportation to me. I did not consider them fun to drive. There have only been two cars that I really enjoyed driving. They were a Lexus LS and Lincoln Town Car. However, now I can add the Buick Enclave to the list of fun and enjoyable cars to drive. The Enclave drives and handles like a luxury car, but has the cargo space of an SUV. It is the best of both worlds.

Most people have probably never considered a Buick. I can only say, test drive the Enclave then decide for yourself. After all, you will never know unless you try it out for yourself.