Chevrolet Equinox (2009 and older)

More products from Chevrolet >>
Equinox (2009 and older) MSRP: $ 22745.00

The Chevrolet Equinox is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 8 trims, ranging from the LS 2WD to the LTZ AWD.

The LS 2WD is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 182-horsepower engine that achieves 22-mpg in the city and 32-mpg on the highway. The LTZ AWD is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 182-horsepower engine that achieves 20-mpg in the city and 29-mpg on the highway.

Expert Reviews: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox
Expert Rating:
4 stars

"I’d go so far as to say they’ve built a crossover that can legitimately compete with the popular Japanese and European offerings. Really!"

Travis

May 21, 2008

Price Paid:  $23999.00 from Alaska Sales & No Se

2007 Equinox LS

Strengths:
Not many fits 5 comfy and 2 dogs in the bag YAY

Weaknesses:
Engine has made a noise since day one.

Summary:
I currently have had no problems, I bought this car brand new with 44 miles on it.
We are actually buying another one. We use it for delivery start stop service. Thankful no problems. Oil change @ mileage every service @ every req. mile is done.

Torent

Carlos

March 30, 2008

Price Paid:  $24000.00 from Crown Chevy Highpoin

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT2

Strengths:
Bold exterior accents, Sound system, Confort, Wood paneling

Weaknesses:
Engine Noise

Summary:
this has been by far, one of the greatest cars ive owned, ive had one minor problem with the stabilitrac senson, but other that that it has great style, comfort, and i love the audio system!

Pontiac torrent

Jess

October 30, 2010

Price Paid:  $22000.00 from Team Chevrolet Johns

2006 Chevy Equinox

Strengths:
Shinny

Summary:
I have owned my Equinox for about 3 years. Two months after purchase, the car would not go over 10 mph. I tool it back to the dealer and they wanted to charge me $700 to fix it. They said the warranty would not cover the problem. Afetr a long arguement, they finally fixed the problem for free. Since then, I have replaced the starter, The air conditioner will not work (mechanic does not know why), brake system is horrible, my door is making a funny noise, my door locks do not work, my interior lights keep flashing on and off, my cd player ate my cd and now my heater is blowing out cooled air---and its 32 degrees outside. I called Gm and they told me it's not a life threatening matter. Life threatening? I am unable to defrost my window. This is my first chevy and my last! A co-worker owns a 2005 equinox. She is dealing with the same problems.

hannah may

October 19, 2009

Price Paid:  $34995.00 from Hallman motors

2006 Equinox LT

Strengths:
Good paper weight

Weaknesses:
Drives like a paper weight

Summary:
Does anyone want this piece of crap? I have replaced almost everything on it from the starter, to the bearings, to the oxygen sensor. The mileage is miserable, less than 500km's to the tank, which is 60 litres plus, can't fit my mother in it. (her walker) Heated seats catch on fire. Let's not even start with the windshield. Who ever designed this crap did not think, oh maybe there might be snow some winters. Speakers went. It ate one of my CD's. All it is good for is storing my old tv in the garage.

Paper weight

Steve Danville

April 25, 2009

Price Paid:  $19000.00 from Todd Wenzel Chevolot

2006 Equinox

Strengths:
My wife bought it for the looks. Good in Snow. Utility good.
My wife likes the way it drives and handles.

Weaknesses:
Turning radius is long.My ML320 SUV can turn way shorter. Replaced wheel bearing (s) , antenna, and noises under warrenty. Now the idiot lights are flashing and the brakes feel insecure, me and another real mechanic cannot figure it out. I dont like the way it drives and handles. I drive a ML320 with 150,000 miles on it. 22 MPH Highway for this little thing ?

Summary:
I like to wait a few years to write a review. As I type we have 38,000 miles and are out of warrenty. I think the next year GM offered 100,000 warrenties. We bought out Chevy as a Demo and saved about $10,000 off sticker. It has most the options. Its the 3rd GM in a row for my wife. Each one seems worse I hate to say in terms if reliability. We had a old red plastic Transport that was GREAT, then an old silouette that blew intake and head gaskets, now this Canada made Little Truck.

We has the GM Silouette and the Transpost before this little truck. Lost 34% miles per gallon over the Silouette.