2009 Chevrolet Tracker

More products from Chevrolet >>
Tracker MSRP: $ 13635.00

The new Tracker is available in a 2 door soft-top or a 5 door hard top. It's powered by a 1.6-liter SOHC 16-valve 4-in-line with 97 hp or a 2.0-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-in-line with 127 hp. You can choose between a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission.

RICHIE RICH

August 4, 2006

Price Paid:  $15000.00 from CHEVY DEAKER NEW

2003 4DR 4WD BASE

Strengths:
FAIR-GOOD ON GAS / EASY TO PARK
RELIABLE / TOUGH LADDER FRAME CHASIS
A/C IS SUPER / VISABILTY IS AWESOME

Weaknesses:
BASE TIRE ARE WEAK 205 / 75 /15
I UPGRADED TO 225 / 70 /15
...DIFFERNCE IN HANDLING THEN MUCH BETTER

Summary:
GREAT OVERALL VALUE
4CYL LACKS SOME POP, BUT POWER
BUTTON SOLVES THAT ( ENTERING HIGHWAY )
THE ONLY SMALL SUV THAT HAS LOW RANGE

trackergirl

January 1, 2005

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from DK Chevrolet - Canad

2003 Tracker LT V6 4x4

Strengths:
Fun to drive. V6 engine and Power Button give the Tracker a great 'pep' on the highway. Look of my Tracker LT is 'great'. Excellent turning radius! Easy to drive!

Weaknesses:
Headrests and driver seats are uncomfortable. Drove 2 hours with windows fully frosted (except for the front windshield) during a snow storm - it took 2 hours to defrost. Catches wind when driving on the highway - can be a little scary at times. Great SUV for short people - people close to 6ft tall will feel really confined within the vehicle. Passenger space and cargo space too small. Cup holders located in awkward position for driver.

Summary:
I've always wanted a Tracker ever since they first came out and decided to purchase one when I noticed that they were made larger - plus the dealer slashed the price down by $10,000 - I purchased a new 2003 leftover in 2004. Overall, I like my tracker - I joke sometimes that it's like driving a Go-Kart - but really is not. Thinking that if you're going to go ahead and purchase this model - you should opt for the LT V6 - thinking that the 4 Cylinders are probably a waste of your money - I like 'pep' that the V6 offers. I travel on the highway quite often and the 'ride' is fun - radio blares music pretty loud and the airconditioning does a 'great' job during the heat waves. Passenger and cargo space is okay - probably best if doing travelling only with 1 or 2 other persons - a total of 4 people and luggage on a trip - talk about an extremely tight squeeze. Head room and leg room does not do justice for people close to 6ft tall. I had a few friends in my car who were about 6ft tall and I had to have both of them sit in the front seat - with one of them driving, while I sat in the back seat because they had no leg room in the back even with the front seats pushed as far forward as possible for me to have room to drive. I haven't had any major problems with my Tracker - mind you, I've only had it for 7 months now. I have noticed though - that there were a few times where I had to really crank the key to start the SUV - kind of reminded me of my little crapper that wouldn't start that I use to own when I was in college - haven't had any other problems since. My Tracker is fun to drive and so far I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Have driven my friend's Santa Fe - a great SUV that makes you feel safe, with more passenger room and cargo space!

Mike Meurs

January 14, 2004

Price Paid:  $13000.00 from Barry Bunker Chevrol

2003 Tracker ZR-2 4x4 4 door

Strengths:
The steering system is good and responsive a good feature on a sport suv. The engine really kicks out the power hard when you really need it. Finally the power mode switch really can make the vehicle take off when you need it too. I consder it the closest thing to "turbo boost" ever.

Weaknesses:
The transfer case can be a bit hard to shift to 4 wheel drive above 35. The passenger compartment fuse panel is hard to acess and is almost buried in wires. The engine compartment fuse holder can use labels for the fuses.

Summary:
I love it. I had a jimmy and a cavalier before and the tracker is a fusion of both vehicles best traits. It has the cat-like agility, fuel ecomomy and size of the cavalier along with the brute strength, stance, intimidating presence and room of a jimmy. Its the perfect compromise for someone who really wants an suv with it all where it really counts. The 24 valve V6 is really a good engine along with the tranny and transfer case it really powers the vehicle through anything. The systems on board are really easy to figure out and periodic maintenace checkpoints are easy to find and acess. The cargo area is nicely designed and the tie downs are a plus especially when youre hauling an akward load. Overall its a great vehicle espiecially for someone who wants to get onto the suv scene but not in a big way.

I test drove my uncles porshce cayenne. Its way to plush and cushy for my simple tastes and I could never afford one.

SONYAT

November 18, 2003

Price Paid:  $21000.00 from william chervolet

2003 tracker 4dr 2wd

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
brakes, no front wheel drive. i don't understand how any suv's don't have front wheel drive unless it is a 4x4. i believe all suv's should come equip with front wheel drive instead of rear wheel drive. it doesn't take a genius to know that when you break the suv's weight shifts to the front not the back. if i can't afford a 4x4 at least give me somthing to work with.

Summary:
i hate to say it but i wish i never bought the tracker. or should i say i wish i never bought a 2 wheel drive suv and no anti lock brake. when trying to come to a complete stop it slides, just doing 40mph, i scared to drive on the express way becaue i know just doing speed limit of 55mph, will have me sliding into the next driver. i live in chicago and right know i'm terrified to drive in the snow/ice because i know just on dry payment the tracker is an accident waiting to happen.

Tawnya

May 9, 2003

Review 5 of 110 , from Northeastern British Columbia

Price Paid:  $24495.00 from Muray GM

Strengths:
Looking forward to getting used to it. The cup holders seem to be incredibly inconveniently placed, back at your hip in the middle, almost in the back seat. I really wonder why. BUT, I put it in the strengths heading because I've been driving around for that many years with NO cup holders (in a standard) so any cup holders are just a bonus for me!! Plus, on the Jeep, the cargo area door cannot be opened without first opening the window above it first. In my business, I will be accessing cargo many times a week in and out of the cargo area. So the swinging open cargo door is a plus as I would surely wear out the shocks on the Jeep window cargo area very soon.

Weaknesses:
I don't know yet.

Summary:
Well I haven't got it yet, it will be here next week. I was going to get the new Jeep Liberty Sport, but the Chrysler dealer here wanted 5-8 thousand down, and gave 5.7% for a 48 month lease and $440 a month payments. Whereas the GM dealer is ZERO money down, 0.9% on a 48 month lease and $350 a month payments. The Jeep didn't come with a block heater which is a must where I live and the Tracker has one in it. So in doing the math, it wasn't hard to decide which one to get. I got a very plain and simple one, no bells or whistles, 4 cyl. When it gets here next week, a command start will be installed for me. I chose the automatic as I've been driving a standard for so many years I needed a "rest" :o) I'm hoping it will be fine, although it's new so the warranty should look after any "bugs." At the end where it askes for value rating and overall rating, not having it yet, I will put in what I HOPE I will end up with.

I've not "used" a similar product before. I am leaving my 1995 Ford F150 for this little mini SUV. Keep in mind that I've not had one problem with my truck, but I feel it's just time for a change.