2009 Dodge Nitro

More products from Dodge >>
Nitro MSRP: $ 19595.00 - $ 27840.00

The Nitro is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 6 trims, ranging from the SXT 4X2 to the R/T 4X4.

The SXT 4X2 is equipped with a standard 3.7-liter, V6, 210-horsepower engine. A 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The R/T 4X4 is equipped with a standard 4.0-liter, V6, 260-horsepower engine. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.

Sorted by Model Year |  Sort by Latest Review >> |  Sort by Best Rating >> |  Sort by Worst Rating >> |
Stephanie

April 23, 2008

Price Paid:  $33000.00 from Warnock Dodge

2008 SXT

Strengths:
drives smooth
very roomy
radio system
the options
the my gig system ( nav, mp3, dvd, hard drive, etc)
easy to handle

Weaknesses:
gas guzzler

Summary:
I have owned my Dodge Nitro for almost 5 months. I love the choice of having all the options especially with my navigation and the outlet in the back seat. It drives unbelievably smoothly and it's a hot car. I would enjoy a bigger trunk but this size isn't bad. I'm only 17 years old so i don't need a large trunk. The gas isn't the best with this suv but what suv is amazing on gas. other then that i absoutly love my nitro.

Finfan33

November 14, 2007

Price Paid:  $22000.00 from Westminster Dodge

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Strengths:
Part time 4wd is great! Roomy and comfortable! Great style, the Nitro is like no other!

Weaknesses:
Gas mileage is not great (17 mpg). Also, there is no area for storage in the back. It needs a net or a cubby hole somewhere to store fluids and things like that.

Summary:
I've only had my truck for a month but I absolutely love it! I drove the Nitro a year ago and was immediately sold on it, I finally broke down and bought it last month. It is such a smooth ride and is extremely comfortable! The truck is the perfect size, not too big, not too small and feels very roomy inside. Everyone stops me and asks me about it and says how different it looks from any other truck on the road. I read all kinds of negative reviews and still bought the Nitro anyway. I disagree with all the negative reviews! The engine has plenty of power and I have no problems accelerating! There were two recalls on the Nitro and they have been taken care of, recalls happen all the time, especially on new models! I hope to drive my Nitro for a long time, and having a Lifetime Powertrain is a huge incentive!

lisa freese

August 1, 2007

Price Paid:  $27000.00 from Kerry Dodge

2007 Dodge Nitro

Strengths:
Looks Good &...Well, it looks good

Weaknesses:
Drives horrible & may create injury or death

Summary:
BEWARE!!! LOOKS GOOD BUT WILL LEAVE YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY WITHOUT NOTICE!!...Purchased in Nov 06 & in May 07 the vehicle just stopped, has been to the shop 2x's & even fixed for recall but still stalls while driving & kicks in low speeds, doesn't want to stay in gear...Was told by shop it's not going to be a quick fix (b/c they don't know what to fix)...meanwhile I'm w/ out a vehicle...DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU...