Ford Edge (2010 and older)

More products from Ford >>
Edge (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 27220.00

The Ford Edge is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 7 trims, ranging from the SE FWD to the Sport AWD.

The SE FWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 285-horsepower engine. The Sport AWD is equipped with a standard 3.7-liter, V6, 305-horsepower engine. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.

Expert Reviews: 2009 Ford Edge Sport | 2007 Ford Edge
Expert Rating: 4 stars

"More rugged than a minivan, more practical than a sedan, and without the fuel-efficiency penalty of a traditional truck-based SUV"

Sorted by Model Year |  Sort by Latest Review >> |  Sort by Best Rating >> |  Sort by Worst Rating >> |
Mellow Yellow

May 30, 2008

Price Paid:  $34000.00 from Titus Will Ford

2008 Ford Edge SEL

Strengths:
SYNC! Now that our state has passed the hands free phone law, it's nice to be able to make calls, change music, control the GPS, etc with out your hands leaving the wheel.

Weaknesses:
SYNC doesn't hear you well with windows or sunroof open, or if the fan is on high.

Summary:
LOVE IT! I did at least 6 months of extensive homework before choosing the Edge. It was a tight battle between the Edge and the Nissan Murano. In the end, the Ford won because it had more comfortable seats, and slightly more cargo space. I got the fully loaded SEL with the panoramic sun roof which my young son loves! 9 speaker stereo, dual climate, leather, etc. I couldn't be happier. Gas milage is BETTER than the 2001 Escape that I used to drive; go figure. I got the burnt orange color which I've not seen another one on the road anywhere!

Ford Escape.

Angie Garcia

September 19, 2010

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from Marshall Ford

2007 Ford Edge

Strengths:
Size, safety

Summary:
The Edge was roomy but not too big. My family was in an accident in this car and we were all safe. This vehicle was totalled and no one was hurt. I am thinking about getting another one because I personally know how safe it is and I loved everything about it!