Ford Taurus X (2008 - 2009)

More products from Ford >>
Taurus X (2008 - 2009) MSRP: $ 28270.00

The Taurus X is a 4-door, up to 7-passenger sport-utility, available in 6 trims, ranging from the SEL FWD to the Limited AWD.

The SEL FWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 263-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 24-mpg on the highway. The Limited AWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 263-horsepower engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.

Read CarReview's expert review of the 2008 Taurus X HERE.

Photos of the Ford Taurus X posted in the photo gallery.

Allen's

June 10, 2014

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Cherokee Ford - Wood

2008 Taurus XL Wagon

Strengths:
Love everything about this vehicle! Had 5 people inside the other day for a day's ride. Youngest in the car was 19 and sat in the 3rd row and is taller than me but said she was perfectly comfortable.

Love the inside space, the comfort (feels like you're riding in a Cadillac), the heated seats front & back, a/c & heat front & back (controllable by all), sound system rocks, ride is smooth as have ever had in any vehicle we've had and we've had nice vans, SUVs, etc. in the past.

Bought the bumper to bumper warranty for peace of mind because of all the electronics included in this vehicle.

I do home caregiving & cleaning. I absolutely LOVE the automatic back lift gate. Whether loading the supplies, etc. back in the car after the job or getting the right supplies out, I am loving the handsfree lift gate. It is not actually handsfree, you have to touch a button.

Grocery day is no problem either even if the cargo area has my care supplies loaded down. I just have to open either back door and touch another button for an auto flip forward of the 2nd row seating and I have loads of floor space for groceries.

I just love this car! Never have I had a more comfy, versatile vehicle.

Weaknesses:
None found yet.

Summary:
Love this car!!! Love the folks at Cherokee Ford in Woodstock GA too!

'01 Explorer, '90 Dodge Grand Caravan, '80 Mazda wagon.

trex

September 22, 2011

Price Paid:  $12400.00 from Toronto

2008 Taurus x SEL FWD

Strengths:
interior room, features, power, visiblity, quietness, safety aspects, including stabilty control, ABS, 2 stage air bags in front, side air bags, curtain air bags back to the 3rd row.

Weaknesses:
dash has hard surfaces everywhere, that's about it.

Summary:
After looking around for a vehicle to move our growing family we found this one. We were set on a Fusion or a new Focus, (we have a Focus wagon as well) but we drove this one and everything felt right about it. Both my wife and I want to drive this vehicle. The safety and design of the vehicle were another thing that made our choice easier. I call it a wagon and it compliments our 2001 Focus wagon. I shopped the internet to locate this one, a Black SEL and I know there are more good examples out there throughout Canada and the U.S.
The vehicle is kind of like a secret that should be shared.
Thank you.